[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 977 KB, 1200x3000, world_of_programming.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5419832 No.5419832 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /sci/
I sometimes feel superior to others but then again inferior.
I have thoughts and am not sure if this is my true opinion or if I am just beeing edgy, I am not sure about anything, everything seems so unstable and there is so much I do not know and I am afraid of saying anything because I am not sure If I thought of everything.
It is hard to have a conversation like that, I cannot back up anything with facts, so I am mostly silent. And then the feeling of superiority comes in, I think I thought of something someone else has not considered, but then again there is so much I do not know.
Help me please?

Pic unrelated

>> No.5419976

please give me some keywords I can google

>> No.5420026

That's called being intelligent. You see connections between facts and the more you think the more connections you see, which in turn makes you feel lost or inferior.
Your mistake is to assume that everyone else is the same but they found a way to organize their thoughts or found an "answer". Nope. People are dumb and you are superior.

>> No.5420042

For what I can understand from all that scribbling...
All you need to do is to:
When presented with an opportunity(even small) to debade about anything (even outside of your comfort zone) try it. You may be surprised about how much you don't know or that you don't have a strong opinion about it.
And if you don't, then try it outside your 'group'. New people usually bring new experiences.

>One more thing...
>"superior"
>Now that's crazy egocentricfag shit... watch out

>> No.5420083

>>5420026
>>5420042
thanks, I did not feel very well and I am still practice English, that is the reason for my poor wording. Also "superior" might not be the correct English word for describing what I want to say.
It is just that I feel like there is a lot that I do not know and If I drift into topics like ethics and politics which are really complex to me, I think that I no nothing and that there is a lot to learn.
But when I am sitting in the subway or bus I see people talking about things that seem so insigificant to me and even though I think of my self as not knowing a lot, these people seem to know even less.
And while I am in a struggle for facts on my morals and political views, these people I meet seem to not care at all.

>> No.5420101

>>5419832
> starting programming with babbage and not leibniz
newton fan detected

>> No.5420168

>>5420083
Dig deep within yourself to examine and re-examine all the things that provide you solace and discontent. This is a long and strenuous process, but always have confidence in yourself. Good luck.