[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 655 KB, 300x168, scientifically proven.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5369445 No.5369445 [Reply] [Original]

Is there a way to train your body to not need as much food? I keep thinking how much money is getting flushed down the toilet.

>> No.5369469

If that is money than you just need to sop flushing and save that shit

>> No.5369506

You're dumb as hell. Food is delicious.

>> No.5369539

>>5369506
Why don't you go have a stretch, fatty.

>> No.5369564

>>5369539

>Why don't you go have a stretch

sounds good to me

>> No.5369568

Why yes. Just lower your food input everyday and your body will adapt. Just don't complain about your skeleton-like look and illness from malnutrition.

>> No.5369590

You can just not eat anything much. You'll be hungry and tired, less productive, and your physical condition will deteriorate, but you'll live.

>> No.5369609

Simply eating enough food that will suffice, such as that contains the 20 naturally found amino acids, you can live on a minuscule diet. Beans and rice, maybe particular types though...As for calorie intake, which is energy, just take less than average...based on your daily exercise. 1500 calories a day with minor exercise, maybe 3000 calories a day with good exercise. Trying to lose weight or just not eat? Beans and Rice are pretty cheap and healthy.

>> No.5369611

Dairy-derived fats, e.g. butter, cheese, and cream, are cheap and will increase the satiety from your meals

>> No.5369639

>>5369609
I started doing this a few months ago, supplemented it with some inexpensive vegetables and fruits (onions, cabbage, oranges, bananas), threw in some bread, milk and eggs for calories, and I've actually gained muscle mass for the first time in years.

I used to do the above, just without the beans and rice.

Also if you hate beans and rice, oatmeal and peanuts is a nutritionally similar dish.

>> No.5369642

FYI science doesn't prove anything. If anything, the goal is to disprove something. And, technically, science can rarely "prove" anything if they do...sounds hypocritical...but science is limited on it's technology. Example...many methods in chemistry or even simply utilizing that the speed of light is what it is and is the fastest entity in the universe has helped scientist discover vasts amounts of knowledge. But, perhaps one day technology will show that something is faster, perhaps everything learned is still right, but maybe there are contradictory theories based on new findings.

>> No.5369664

>>5369642
>exhaustively showing something to be entirely logically sound, consistently supported by observable evidence, and unable to be disproved doesn't prove anything

>> No.5369674
File: 273 KB, 1600x1113, 1340079736871.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-Opti-Men-Multivitamins-180-Count/dp/B0015R3AAO

proper nutrition. paleolithic diet.
what you should think about is not "need" it's "want".. you'll blow your money on drugs or video games.