[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 14 KB, 241x360, le beautiful irishman.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5361678 No.5361678 [Reply] [Original]

>abusing Adderall
Is this common in America? Do healthy people really take amphetamines just to study harder? Never heard of it happening in my Northern Yuropean country.

>> No.5361787

>>5361678
yep

>> No.5361791

>>5361678

People in Europe use their brains instead.

>> No.5361793

> adderall thread
> at least twice a day every day
when can I start reporting these for spam

>> No.5361796

>>5361791
people in america just use adderall to cram in 4-5 hours what most people study hard for an entire semester.

and we do better on exams this way too.

>> No.5361810

>>5361796
America is fat, stupid, arrogant and overly patriotic.

There, I said it.

>> No.5361814

>>5361810
yeah but why do in 200 hours what you can do in 5 concentrated hours right before an exam?

>> No.5361822

>>5361814
To retain information and be successful later in life.

>> No.5361825

>>5361822
those things are not independent of efficient study.

>> No.5361830

>>5361678
Adderall+Modafinil+piracetam=NZT nigga

>> No.5361831

im european and i'd gladly use adderall if i could get some

>> No.5361874
File: 616 KB, 269x202, phghthghgh.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I don't understand cramming. Why are you fuckers in school if you don't like studying and learning? And if you like studying and learning, why do you devote as little time as possible to it?

>> No.5361881

I wish I had some adderall, I'd use it once per second week or something to get some monster studying sessions

>> No.5361883

>>5361874
maybe they give you too much to study...
I like ta get my murrikan ass up ta speed if ya know what i mean? Linear algebrey and all these humanities etc writing shit has never been less obnoxious

>> No.5361886

>>5361874
The fact that cramming and getting an A just shows that the educational system is faulty and generally retarded.

>> No.5361895

Occasional use of dopamine stimulants in youth has shown to decrease chances of getting certain disease such as alzheimer's and parkinson's because the dopamine neurons don't deteriorate as they normally would as you age.

So it's not ALL bad.

>> No.5361898

>>5361886
This

Our public education and higher education systems are seriously fucked up.

>> No.5361913

>>5361678
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=67493

You know you want to OP.

>> No.5361921

>>5361898
not really.
the fact that you can learn on your feet is important.
schooling isn't just a time where you store loads of data on your particular major in memory and then reference it throughout your work life.

You also learn how to adapt your knowledge towards the needs of the task at hand. That means being able to relatively quickly absorb and apply knowledge. And if you can get a degree just by cramming and applying knowledge, chances are you can do the same on-the-job.

So, it may not be flawless, but it's sufficient to match the needs of industry.

>> No.5361924

have ADHD<
>cant consentrat alot
>short term memory
>impulsive
>little mental filtering options
>only study shit thats interesting to me.(to any extent of learning)
>often forgetful.

on mah meds

thinking clearly, thoughts go from clusted backed up traffic jam to a hydrogen partical accelerator,
suddenly im in final boss mode

>> No.5361930

Crammer here

Perspective:

My Biochemistry professor drones on endlessly about specifics that are never tested on, and like 3 days before a test we get study sheets with everything we need to know for a test.

No reason to waste my time (outside of pleasure?) when I could be browsing 4chan every day.

It's benefit vs work.
For most people, studying is work, even if you like the subject.

>> No.5361932

how easy is it to get a prescription for adderall?

i sound like this
>>5361924

>> No.5361935

>>5361921

the distinction here is you arent actually learning

you are shoving a bunch of information into your brain for a test and then letting it flood out after the test

you havent actually learned anything

think of it like this you are a bio major and you learn in class how to do PCR and then you have a test on how well you can setup a PCR experiment but all you did was cram for the test

what happens when you get a job and your boss says "ok setup a PCR experiment" and then you go Uhhhhhhh I forgot how to do that, let me just use google

>> No.5361936

>>5361924
are you viral marketing for adderal?

>> No.5361941

>>5361932
just tell them you are a lazy nigger, especially if you show signs of Acute Darkie Disease...and you are good! Seriously though, the symptoms of ADD parallel niggerdom.
CAPTCHA: Any DomnTHIN

>> No.5361938

>>5361678
I think it's made out to be more widespread and more useful than it really is - there's obviously a physiological effect, but it also has a placebo effect that gives you confidence to try and focus on something and learn it in a single night. I know plenty of people who took adderall and either got distracted anyway, or studied the whole night and still didn't remember anything for the exam.

The other thing is that in most cases if you show up to an exam in a slightly hazy mental state and scrawl lots and lots of unintelligible equations, you'll at least get partial credit for every question.

>> No.5361945

>>5361935

>what happens when you get a job and your boss says "ok setup a PCR experiment" and then you go Uhhhhhhh I forgot how to do that, let me just use google

but this isn't necessary an invalid approach to your work.

it's like, in the old days when designing a circuit you'd have to calculate equivalent impedance and such. Nowadays they have software to do it.
So maybe people don't practice calculating impedance manually any longer. But does that mean they are worse off in some way? Does not having that knowledge in your head at all times significantly reduce your quality of life?

>> No.5361944

>>5361941
made me laugh :-*

>> No.5361949

>>5361941
what's with all the racism on /sci/ lately?

>> No.5361952

>>5361945

why do you think businesses hire people? because you have knowledge and skills that other people dont

if everything is just software based and nothing requires knowledge why dont they just hire some dipshit for $10/hr to design circuits on a computer

>> No.5361954

Is it possible to cramm a test when only exercises are asked?

>> No.5361955

>>5361874
>Implying the average American doesn't go to uni just to get a degree

>> No.5361958

>>5361952
guess whats gonna happen in the future? they're not even gonna hire you for $10/hr. when the cost of hiring a machine to do the work is cheap

>> No.5361963

>>5361952
>why do you think businesses hire people? because you have knowledge and skills that other people dont

Lol.

>> No.5361964

>Go to every class
>Do all the homework
>Study for less than an hour before regular exams
>Study for an hour for final exams
>Get As and Bs

I don't understand why people have to study for hours into the night. I guess my brain is just wired to be better at test taking? Who knows.

>> No.5361971

>>5361964
yeah, i did that too back in high school.

>> No.5361972

>>5361949
Why is it racism? Guess where ADD is more prevalent...

Symptoms of being a nigger (having ADD)

ADD is similar to the other subtypes of ADHD in that it is characterized primarily by inattention, easy distractibility, disorganization, procrastination, and forgetfulness; where it differs is in lethargy - fatigue, and having fewer or no symptoms of hyperactivity or impulsiveness typical of the other ADHD subtypes.[1] In some cases, children who enjoy learning may develop a sense of fear when faced with structured or planned work, especially long or group-based that requires extended focus, even if they thoroughly understand the topic. Children with ADD may be at greater risk of academic failures and early withdrawal from school.[2] Teachers and parents may make incorrect assumptions about the behaviours and attitudes of a child with ADD, and may provide them with frequent and erroneous negative feedback (e.g. "you're irresponsible", "you're immature", "you're lazy", "you don't care/show any effort", "you just aren't trying",etc.).
Often does not give close attention to details or makes careless mistakes in schoolwork, work, or other activities.
Often has trouble keeping attention on tasks or play activities
Often does not seem to listen when spoken to directly.
Often does not follow instructions and fails to finish schoolwork, chores, or duties in the workplace (not due to oppositional behavior or failure to understand instructions).
Often has trouble organizing activities.
Often avoids, dislikes, or doesn't want to do things that take a lot of mental effort for a long period (such as schoolwork or homework).
Often loses things needed for tasks and activities (e.g. toys, school assignments, pencils, books, or tools).
Is often easily distracted.
Is often forgetful in daily activities.

>> No.5361973

>>5361964

>Go to every class
>Do all homework
>Study for multiple hours every day when an exam is coming up
>Get C's

Fuck you.

>> No.5361974

>>5361958

machines cant think abstractly, thats why they still hire humans to design things

>> No.5361976
File: 287 KB, 1280x960, Photo024.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5361941
mfw
>nigger in thread, realize we may be hardwired to have these issuse.

>but the adderal

>suddenly world problems solved but constant microwars to accumulate land and lower the population.

>> No.5361982

>>5361971
Nah man I'm in college, but I never studied in high school unless it was memorizing shit like spanish vocab, but that doesn't take long to drop into your short term memory before tests.

>>5361973
I'm not trying to brag about it (although I am grateful because fuck studying for more than an hour or two)

I just would like to know why I don't have to spend hours to study to get the same grades as people who do.

>> No.5361984

>>5361972
Add hyperactivity (ADHD)
Then you've got yourself a hyper nigger who is at increased risk of being schizo violent.
Congratulations, you now understand that niggerdom has covertly established its own disorder list.

>> No.5361990

>>5361810
Europeans on various parts of 4chan say that all the time.

>> No.5361996

I'm a mechanical engineering major at one of the top 20 schools in the US. I'm not the top of the class or anything, but I average maybe a B+/A- in most of my courses.

The other day I was sitting with some friends who were studying for some humanities (psych I think) exam. They were memorizing lists of words and definitions... There was no thinking involved. To get an A on a humanities test, where all you have to do is memorize shit, I'm sure Adderall etc. helps. For a mech E test, you have to actually understand what you're doing and apply it. It's not so much about where you live, but what you're learning and how it's taught.

>> No.5362015

>>5361996

this is good news

im a prospective engineer and im glad to hear its not just mindless memorization

>> No.5362023

>>5362015
Well its part of that too.

But its easier to remember processes to do shit rather than straight memorization.

This also might be why people spend hours studying in libraries and I don't. I am also in engineering which is "harder" but its more about thinking on exams

>> No.5362027

>>5361984
not violent<

i fail to see your key point. most blacks are lathargic if not show signs of bi-polar.

>> No.5362040

>>5362027
Which is characteristic of ADD...ADHD is for the remaining niggers

>> No.5362050

>>5361996
adderall still helps absolutely amazingly for, well not engineering but math which is by no means "mindless memorization". it doesnt help you memorize things at all, it helps you sit in one place with your mind alert and aware and not tired at all for 12 hours, this is every bit as useful for learning how to do math or physics problems as it is for memorizing words and definitions in fact IMO it is more useful because without drugs i have a harder time focusing on learning hard stuff than on memorizing an easy list of words.

>> No.5362065

>>5362040
Tsk.

>> No.5362082
File: 15 KB, 217x168, 1354735977491.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

you have it reversed.

>if it were that way blacks would run everything.

>"ok so dis is wha's up. you goin, to dat uni, on financial aid, all ya gotta do is be homeless fo like a yer. den fill out dat fafsa. take yo meds and ace those bitch classes, in dat community college shit. den get higher grants, work study, sell low key on da side and bank mah nigga. then transfer yo shit to dat accedited shit, and bomb that shit nigga. then afta you get that degree, fo free, fo free! you take out dat biz loan, put lil niggas on the street, bank mo money and get dat return from that flip in a couple months and pay off dat loan which'll raise dat credit. then you start buying up lil buisnesses, investing in various low buy in stocks with likely high returns and you make bank mah nigga! shit is swag son! i'm tellin you. cop rolled up was all (nasaly voice) 'excuse me sir do you mind telling me what you're doing here' and said, yes sir i'm the propriter of this establishment, are you here to bank with us? then that nigga was like oh no thanks. so i said i'm so fresh you can suck mah nuts mah nigga, racial profiling in my neighbor hood?! at my bank my nigga? thats when i got in one little fight and my moms got scared, she said you movin with yo aunty and uncle in bel air. shits swag nigga."

basicly

>> No.5362104

>>5362065
<span class="math">\mathbf{NIGGER}[/spoiler]

>> No.5362107

>>5361964

I miss highschool

>> No.5362295

>>5362082
>implying
>>5361972
>Children with ADD may be at greater risk of academic failures and early withdrawal from school.
Would they would even go to school.