[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 398 KB, 800x600, feels02.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5307429 No.5307429 [Reply] [Original]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss1ajWeY_wc
Is there any truth to this? One of my pot- smoking hippy friends insisted on showing it to me.

>> No.5307446

"imagine consciousness floating in a void"
aaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnndddddddd we're done

>> No.5307474

>>5307446

BULLSHIT FOR IGNORANTS IS NOT SCIENCE RELATED

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>> No.5307480

the truth is that you can construct the geometric relations described

how the ancients came up with the shapes in the first place, idk. Connecting meaning to the numbers and saying it was designed that way is dubious.

Sacred geometry is a pseudo-science where math and science are twisted to try to explain something that can't be tested or proved

>> No.5307520

> spirit
> science
Trolling starts with the name

>> No.5307525

I couldn't really understand it.

>> No.5307559

History is filled with mathematicians/philosophers attempting to connect geometric patterns with the world. In fact, the Latin roots of "geometry" are the words for "earth" and "measure" implying that this was the basis of their ancient endeavors. The fact that it occurs throughout history implies nothing significant. It looks to me like repetitions of the "Folium of Descartes" from the 17th century. The mistake of many mathematicians is their attempt to derive metaphysical meanings from science. Descartes himself made this mistake and it has been repeated a countless number of times since then. Weed is substantial in freeing you're mind to think creatively, but don't let your mind wander fruitlessly through metaphysical realms which hold no real value in scientific matters.

>> No.5307566

Geometric shapes may be present, but that doesn't give any information about the existence of consciousness (as an entity). Nor does this prove any religious bullshit that the video implies. The video is clearly presenting the information to a religious crowd, specifically the christians/jews.

>> No.5307586

I gave up when he said that the current interpretation of genesis doesn't make sense from "a physics point of view" and then immediately proceeded to use the bible to justify his pseudoscience.

>> No.5307593

Cut out the spiritual bullshit and learn about Fractals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LemPnZn54Kw&list=FLKf7BY7c7zHBDjepW4lj9Ag&index=2&feature
=plpp_video

>> No.5307631

>>5307559
Jesus christ man fuck you
Seriously, you want to see some philo physi shit? NOTHING TO DO WITH MATH BTW YOU ARROGANT PRICK, the buddhist taught the space between you is what makes you, THOUSANDS OF YEARS LATER HERE WE ARE.
You can't say X person failed & given they're ability so will I we are all COMPLETELY unique in the details of what is orbiting around what to make us function

Also, Atoms, 2 constants in variety of energy confined in a non conclusive field
HurR LOOKS KINDA LIKE HUrr fusionn entities & solid expressers confined in a non conclusive field

OP take your evidence from anywhere & no matter what you come up with it fits somehwere

>> No.5307639

>>5307631
so.. atoms=/=universes..

>> No.5307642

>>5307639
Metaphorically, yes.

...Art.