[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 74 KB, 640x960, why.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5304480 No.5304480 [Reply] [Original]

i guess this belongs in here...

This is a simple flip flop with leds...
From what i understand, this is how it works...

power comes in, splits and goes to the first resistors. no problems here, continues on and can either goto the 2nd resistors or to to the collectors on the transistors. decides that the collectors are a lot less work then going through the 2nd set of resisters so heads there. gets there, sees the fucking gates closed (base disconnected) and (what happens when it sees the base is closed? does it die or double back?). only option now is through that resistor! heads through the 2nd set of resistors and into the base of the transistors. base is open! now they can go through the collector of the transistor, out the emitter and on to the led to close the circuit! led turns on...But wait!!? theres no one going through the resister now that the base is open, which closes the base!...loops forever.. this 'loop' happens so fast, we see the led as constantly 'lit' correct?

will continue in post 2...
(sorry if this is confusing, im slightly stoned and trying to grasp this)

>> No.5304502

Ignore the 500v, changed values to test a theory as to what is happening...needless to say it only raised more questions.

Now...if we short circuit the base of one transistor, the power says something like 'hey! why should we go through that complex base when we can go directly to the ground!?' and thus does not open the gate on that transistor. What we now see, is one transistors gate open and the led lit, and the other closed and led off.

I dont understand why the power would want to go through the 2nd transistor if the gate of the transistor it could go to instead if open.

I assumed it was because that a transistor also has a certain ohm rating, in that it uses power to opperate. Lets pretend this is 1kohm also. it can either go through a 1k ohm resistor or a 1k ohm transistor + an led (lets assume this is also 1k). surely it was rather go through the 1k resistor instead of a total of 2k???
why!?

>> No.5304561

To put it simply, each transistor has the ability to suck power away from the others base. When power is first turned on, it's a race for one transistor to turn on the fastest, thereby shunting the base of the other transistor to ground and removing its ability to turn on.