[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 165 KB, 300x240, BH_LMC.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5277488 No.5277488 [Reply] [Original]

I've got a question, and it may be stupid, but i'm just curious.
Would it be possible for the universe to end in another Big Bang? For example if near the end of the universe many black holes are floating around sucking everything up, eventually they will devour themselves, at this time all mass in the universe would be in one very small place, would that be sufficient for another Big Bang?

>> No.5277500

yeah, i've always thought that the universe works like a heart beat

if this is true then there could have been hundreds of thousands of universes before this

>> No.5277507

I'm no authority on black holes, but it sounds like it would be theoretically possible.

>> No.5277509

>>5277488
>its possible, but not in ours under current theories since the universe will keep expanding forever as it is flat (its total energy is 0)

>> No.5277612

>>5277488
>>5277500
>>5277507
All complete nonsense. Obviously, none of you actually know what the "Big Bang" actually was or how black holes work.

>> No.5277625

>>5277612
complete nonsense
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclic_model

Faggot.

>> No.5277640

No, your logic and understanding is flawed. Either the Universe starts shrinking, which it won't, only one other viable option remains. Heat death.

>> No.5277641

>>5277625
First off, a cyclic universe has been shown to be not likely at all. Current cosmoligical parameters, as suggested by the 7 year WMAP results, show that our universe will most likely end in a cold and depressing death of continuous expansion, never to be brought together again.

Second, the notion of a cyclic universe has nothing to do with what these idiots were talking about. They were suggesting that all the matter in our universe will collapse in again into a single giant black hole - a feat which is currently impossible due to the shear size and speed of light limit. This black hole is then supposed to some how create a new Big Bang. However the Big Bang is the expansion of the universe, not the expansion of matter in the universe. Furthermore, a black hole can only degrade or dissipate through hawking radiation, a method which does not supply the ability to recreate the contents of the universe in a meaningful form.

Who's the faggot now?