[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 5 KB, 601x695, 1324206159083.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5245610 No.5245610 [Reply] [Original]

How pissed do you think scientists would be if I called them up and asked them questions about science. If I had looked all over the internet and could not find them?

I don't want to be condescended.

>> No.5245621

aks us one of us ignorant fools is bound to have a moment of brightness :)
i wouldn't ask the real scientists: they have little time

>> No.5245625

Sorry for my last thread. I realize how retarded my question was and I wont be asking anything like that when if I contact a scientist.

>> No.5245626

>How pissed do you think scientists would be if I called them up and asked them questions about science.
Anybody who does what he loves usually likes to talk about what they do, so give them a call. Unless you are one of those people that go to dawkins "hurr explain the missing link durr"
>could not find them?
Find the scientists or the facts you are looking for?

>> No.5245624

>>5245610
probably as pissed as anyone would be if you called them and started asking them random questions.

>> No.5245629

Please call Ed Witten and say "Here's my impression of you: DURR NEEDS MOAR DIMENSIONS".

>> No.5245630

>>5245610

See:>>5245621
>have little time

There is no science professor who has time for your questions. Most of them barely even have time for the questions from students in the classes they teach (hence why TA's exist).

>> No.5245631

>>5245610
scientists livelihood partially depends on being able to bombast lay people into believing they are ignorant, so they will be angry. unless they are a good person, but look at /sci/ and tell me you think many are.

>> No.5245650

>>5245610
Depends what kind of scientist.

Meh tier:
They would be pissed that you are wasting their time when the answer is CLEARLY RIGHT HERE IN ARXIV GOD

Shit tier:
They would be pissed that you are wasting their time when they actually don't know the answer, and that's a damn good question

God tier:
They would be slightly pissed that you are wasting their time but forget all that and drop what they're doing to answer them when they realize they don't know the answer

>> No.5245661

>>5245610
>How pissed do you think scientists would be if I called them up and asked them questions about science.

If you ask your question without a question mark, they'll be raging hard.

>> No.5245674

>>5245661
does that give them a rager....

tehehe.