[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 36 KB, 400x611, 1347892040619.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5072394 No.5072394 [Reply] [Original]

I own SICM, and willing to expand my knowledge of anything related to physics, thermodynamics, mechanics and the like.

Any other good books that don't require a very high level in math?

>> No.5072418

Knuth's bible. All the math is babby's first combinatorics.

>> No.5072421

>Me in charge of reading comprehension
I don't know, I've always been on the mathematical side. Try looking up Faraday's papers?
Other than that, sack up and learn math pussy.

>> No.5072426

>>5072421
>sack up and learn math
I would, if I had decent ressources that don't assume you're already a fucking genius, and aren't as inconsistent (by that I mean, not really organized) as Khanacademy or Wikiversity

>> No.5072442

>>5072426
I think the best way to learn high school algebraic concepts would be something like The Art of Problem Solving Vol. 1, and just skip the geometry. For mechanics, I really liked Morin, and doesn't require really anything more than derivatives at first. Griffiths is pretty good for E+M, Quantum, but you'd need to devolop multivariable calculus (for which I highly, highly recommend Hubbard and Hubbard: Vector Calculus, Linear Algebra, and Differential Forms) and differential equations. I'm less sure of a book for diffyq, I used Schaum's Advanced Mathematics for Scientists and Engineers, and I think Boyce and DiPrima is the near standard book for a college level class.
BTW, how do you own a book that's available online for free?

>> No.5072446

How much of SICM do you really grok if you don't grok math?

>> No.5072450

Ĩf you really read SICM, then

<span class="math">
\mathbf{\overline{\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;}}
\mathbf{\underline{\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\
;\;}}
\mathbf{\overline{\underline{\;}}}
\mathbf{\overline{\underline{\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\
;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;}}}
\mathbf{\overline{\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;
\;\;}}[/spoiler]

<span class="math">
\mathbf{\overline{\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;}}
\mathbf{\underline{\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\
;\;}}
\mathbf{\overline{\underline{MEKANIZE\; MY\; ANUS}}}
\mathbf{\overline{\underline{\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\
;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;}}}
\mathbf{\overline{\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;
\;\;}}[/spoiler]

<span class="math">
;\;}}
\mathbf{\overline{\underline{\;}}}
;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;}}}
\;\;}}[/spoiler]

>> No.5072460

>>5072450
Why can't TeX line up the characters properly?