[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 82 KB, 300x392, tesla the truth.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5058430 No.5058430[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I hold that space cannot be curved, for the simple reason that it can have no properties. It might as well be said that God has properties. He has not, but only attributes and these are of our own making. Of properties we can only speak when dealing with matter filling the space. To say that in the presence of large bodies space becomes curved is equivalent to stating that something can act upon nothing. I, for one, refuse to subscribe to such a view.

>> No.5058433
File: 332 KB, 880x1165, tesla god man.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Einsteins relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.

>> No.5058435

Everyday

>> No.5058436

No-one cares Tesla.

How about give us your opinion in your thesis when you aren't at a sophomore level undegraduating physics fag.

>> No.5058438
File: 61 KB, 296x383, Tesla_young.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality.

>> No.5058441

>>5058436

yes my sheep.

listen to your professor

listen to your textbook

they both know more than the man that invented the 21st century

the government stole all of tesla's papers when he died for...... for no reason...... that's why they still have not released them

>> No.5058443

you are retarded
your premise is ridiculous and you are close minded
grow up
note the success and accuracy of prediction of the theory and then try to complain.

>> No.5058446

>>5058443

> successes
>accuracy

have produced nothing tangible.

enjoy your delusions sheep man

>> No.5058452

>>5058438
You Sir are correct. Math for the sake of it'self as the only tool leads to a lot of bogus pseudo science.

>> No.5058455

>>5058452
like cryptography?

>> No.5058462

>>5058455
have they made a standardized one that actually isn't crackable yet?

>> No.5058464

>>5058462
there are standardized ciphers that are as yet, unbroken, and plenty that were runners-up to the standards too.

but i suspect no cipher is truly "uncrackable".

>> No.5058467

>>5058464
lrn2 quantum cryptography

>> No.5058472

>>5058467
i'm trying to, but it's confusing as all fuck.

all i really know is that quantum computing will make it trivial to defeat cryptographic algorithms that rely on the difficulty with which classical computers factorise integers or calculate discrete logarithms.

don't yet know how it replaces them.

>> No.5058474

>>5058467

Not the anon you replied to, but I'm going to bet you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about if you think encryption, through algorithms designed for quantum systems, is uncrackable.

>> No.5058476

But hills are curved, and they inhabit space. So at least a certain subset of space is curved? Is it really that much of a stretch to argue that space itself may be curved?

Perhaps it is. Einstein argued that it was space-time which was curved. The distinction is important I think.

>> No.5058477

>>5058476
>But hills are curved, and they inhabit space.
best thing i've read on here in a while lol

>> No.5058486

>mfw Einstein's model is just a model
>it in no way, beyond mathematically, describes physical space
>mfw ppl actually think physical space is curved

ITT: baby's first GR

>> No.5058493

>>5058486
It's not so much that physical space is not curved. It is. The problem is that physical space is not really describable as a 'thing.' It's a coordinate system.

>> No.5058496

>>5058493

>doesn't understand the idea of a mathematical model
>continues to take it as fact that space is actually curved

Okay.

>> No.5058505

>>5058496
It is a mathematical model, but my point is that the mathematical model part doesn't come in when we start talking about it being curved, the mathematical model part comes in when we start talking about space and interpreting it as a coordinate system. Once we take that leap, it's not any sort of further abstraction or hypothetical to say that it's not a Euclidean system.

I'm not so sure you know GR. What's the difference between covariant and contravariant vectors?

>> No.5058508

"In 2012, my devoted worker bees will post this thread every day until you like it." -- Nikola Tesla

>> No.5058509

>>5058486
>>5058496
Not even that guy, but I don't think you know what the word "mathematical model" means.

Please give me another description of space which reduces all known experimental data and does not included curved space.

http://relativity.livingreviews.org/Articles/lrr-2006-3/

>> No.5058512

>>5058505

Let the circlejerk begin.

>> No.5058514
File: 15 KB, 220x280, dat tesla.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I am unwilling to accord to some small-minded and jealous individuals the satisfaction of having thwarted my efforts. These men are to me nothing more than microbes of a nasty disease. My project was retarded by laws of nature.

The world was not prepared for it.

It was too far ahead of time, but the same laws will prevail in the end and make it a triumphal success.

>> No.5058519

>>5058512
I'm not meaning to show off, I'm just pointing out that you don't understand a basic concept about the mathematical model that is GR. In fact, it's a basic concept of vector/tensor calculus in general, and one that you probably should know before even going in for the first day of a class on general relativity.

The point is that the internet is a very serious place and you shouldn't call other people dumb while crossing your fingers that they also know absolutely nothing about the subject.

>> No.5058521
File: 87 KB, 919x278, trollingoutsideofb.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5058430

>> No.5058525

Why Tesla believed GR was bullshit:
>crappy semantic argument about "nothing"

Why anons believe GR is bullshit:
>if gravity is a rubber sheet what makes things roll down the sheet?
>checkmate relativists

>> No.5058526

>>5058521

U MAD?

>> No.5058530
File: 8 KB, 546x126, inflamatorycommentsoutsideofb.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5058526

>> No.5058533

>>5058533
reported for announcing reports

>> No.5058534

>>5058519
>>5058505
He is a troll.

Also, science requires inductive reasoning, the valdity of logic and the idea that nature can be described by mathematics. Anything else is philosophical nonsense that cannot make predictions. General relativity works - GPS is accurate, pulsars match up to prediction. There is no other competent model besides crackpot proposal of concepts that can reproduce the experimental tests on GTR.

>> No.5058536
File: 139 KB, 480x366, you mad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5058530

>> No.5058539

>>5058533
>implying posting a picture with an option highlighted is "announcing reports"

>> No.5058540
File: 24 KB, 344x438, dat ma tesla.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine.

>> No.5058543

>>5058539
>implying that post quoted you

>> No.5058542
File: 36 KB, 371x137, inflamatorycomments2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5058536

>> No.5058544
File: 33 KB, 1172x160, trollingoutsideofb2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5058540

>> No.5058545
File: 49 KB, 490x538, Blue_Portrait_of_Nikola_Tesla.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What has the future in store for this strange being, born of a breath, of perishable tissue, yet Immortal, with his powers fearful and Divine? What magic will be wrought by him in the end? What is to be his greatest deed, his crowning achievement?
Long ago he recognized that all perceptible matter comes from a primary substance, or a tenuity beyond conception, filling all space, the Akasha or luminiferous ether, which is acted upon by the life-giving Prana or Creative Force, calling into existence, in never ending cycles, all things and phenomena. The primary substance, thrown into infinitesimal whirls of prodigious velocity, becomes gross matter; the force subsiding, the motion ceases and matter disappears, reverting to the primary substance.
Can man control this grandest, most awe-inspiring of all processes in nature? Can he harness her inexhaustible energies to perform all their functions at his bidding? more still cause them to operate simply by the force of his will?
If he could do this, he would have powers almost unlimited and supernatural. At his command, with but a slight effort on his part, old worlds would disappear and new ones of his planning would spring into being. He could fix, solidify and preserve the ethereal shapes of his imagining, the fleeting visions of his dreams. He could express all the creations of his mind on any scale, in forms concrete and imperishable. He could alter the size of this planet, control its seasons, guide it along any path he might choose through the depths of the Universe. He could cause planets to collide and produce his suns and stars, his heat and light. He could originate and develop life in all its infinite forms.

>> No.5058546

Enjoy your inane /x/ conspiracy garbage ban

>> No.5058550
File: 39 KB, 400x527, the tesla.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

One afternoon, which is ever present in my recollection, I was enjoying a walk with my friend in the city park and reciting poetry. At that age I knew entire books by heart, word for word. One of these was Goethe's Faust. The sun was just setting and reminded me of a glorious passage:

The idea came like a flash of lightning and in an instant the truth was revealed …
Sie rückt und weicht, der Tag ist überlebt,
Dort eilt sie hin und fördert neues Leben.
O! daß kein Flügel mich vom Boden hebt,
Ihr nach und immer nach zu streben!
Ein schöner Traum, indessen sie entweicht.
Ach! zu des Geistes Flügeln wird so leicht
Kein körperlicher Flügel sich gesellen!
[The glow retreats, done is the day of toil;
It yonder hastes, new fields of life exploring;
Ah, that no wing can lift me from the soil
Upon its track to follow, follow soaring!
A glorious dream! though now the glories fade.
Alas! the wings that lift the mind no aid
Of wings to lift the body can bequeath me.
(tr. Bayard Taylor)]
As I uttered these inspiring words the idea came like a flash of lightning and in an instant the truth was revealed. I drew with a stick on the sand the diagram shown six years later in my address before the American Institute of Electrical Engineers, and my companion understood them perfectly. The images I saw were wonderfully sharp and clear and had the solidity of metal and stone, so much so that I told him, "See my motor here; watch me reverse it." I cannot begin to describe my emotions. Pygmalion seeing his statue come to life could not have been more deeply moved. A thousand secrets of nature which I might have stumbled upon accidentally, I would have given for that one which I had wrested from her against all odds and at the peril of my existence …

>> No.5058558
File: 1.48 MB, 1728x2304, Tesla-Nijagara.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ere many generations pass, our machinery will be driven by a power obtainable at any point of the universe. This idea is not novel. Men have been led to it long ago by instinct or reason; it has been expressed in many ways, and in many places, in the history of old and new. We find it in the delightful myth of Antheus, who derives power from the earth; we find it among the subtle speculations of one of your splendid mathematicians and in many hints and statements of thinkers of the present time. Throughout space there is energy. Is this energy static or kinetic! If static our hopes are in vain; if kinetic — and this we know it is, for certain — then it is a mere question of time when men will succeed in attaching their machinery to the very wheelwork of nature.

>> No.5058562
File: 132 KB, 643x600, great man tesla.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

n a 1911 article from The Sun Tesla describes his flying machine:

"Dr. Nikola Tesla leaned back against his chair at the Waldorf last night and talked calmly of airships without planes, propellers or any of the other gear of the now familiar aeroplanes hurtling through space at tremendous speeds or driving more slowly carrying great loads, and in either case always as safely as the most prosaic of wheeled vehicles."

"...How about aerial navigation?" Dr. Tesla was asked. He considered for a moment or two and then replied with great deliberation:

"The application of this principle will give the world a flying machine unlike anything that has ever been suggested before. It will have no planes, no screw propellers or devices of any kind hitherto used. It will be small and compact, excessively swift, and, above all, perfectly safe in the greatest storm. It can be built of any size and can carry any weight that may be desired" - The Sun, New York - 'Tesla Promises Big Things'

>> No.5058599

bump

>> No.5058698

go back to bed, tesla

>> No.5058776
File: 38 KB, 380x240, _Deal_with_it_dog.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

it's been proven via experiments. stupid tesla.

>> No.5058783

>>5058776

it has not been proven with shit but delusions of "physicists" trying to justify that there life was not wasted on bullshit