[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 36 KB, 343x503, Harold Krenshaw Is Confused.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5055998 No.5055998 [Reply] [Original]

>That feel when weeks ahead of your course material with all essays handed in truly in advance
>Rest of the class hasn't done jack shit

SHIT SON NO WONDER YOU AREN'T ON THE DEAN'S LIST.

>> No.5056004

OP is either in highschool or in a shit tier uni.

>> No.5056032

>>5056004
>>5056004
#truth #sorryforthehashgtag

>> No.5056038

I know I'm in community college but I feel like now that I'm in my second year I should be around people who give a shit.

I have a friend who literally wont learn any Java and does all our assignments in C++. Now the book is in Java. Why? Because we did 2 semesters of C++ and the point is our professor wants us to get exposed to other languages, but this kid wont do it because its too much work.

Like seriously? Comp Sci 3 and you don't want to learn anything? What the fuck man. I also had to explain to someone why Eclipse isn't a fucking compiler. I also had to listen to a kid with an alienware netbook talk about how python is best language when he couldn't get his linked list to work.

btw the linked list was to be copied RIGHT from the book. He wasn't asked to write his own.

I really hope once I transfer that I meet people that I can talk computers with on my level. Same with Calc. I just feel like I'm surrounded by people who don't give a shit and it's really depressing.

These CAPTCHAs suck dick

>> No.5056050

>>5056038
This is exactly why we don't take CS majors serious. There's way too many idiots studying it. For an intelligent person with interest in math and theory hanging around in CS undergrad classes is simply painful.

>> No.5056090
File: 122 KB, 375x390, 1274424479209.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5056038
>math

Our Uni has compulsory Statistics courses for all sciences. They are combined based on year level. If you do a math course but don't opt for higher level statistics, you get lumped in with the bio and psych kids.

These retards REFUSE to do Math. There was a girl complaining to the lecturer that "it isn't even limited to stats either, in our actual Psych unit we had to do a budget and I don't pay several thousand dollars a year to do unrelated math stuff" and all her Psych alumni agreed and started cheering for her, and the lecture pandered and said "yes, yes, I know it isn't fair but it's what you have to do."

It's a fucking budget. Basic arithmetic. HOLY SHIT HOW DOES SHE PAY HER BILLS? WHY IS THIS MAKING ME SO MAD. IT'S FUCKING 3RD YEAR TOO HOLY SHIT I'M SO MAD.

>> No.5056364

>>5056032
What?

>> No.5056385

>>5056090
>Be psych major
>taught to push buttons in stats software
>no explanation given, just learn by rote
>had to learn what this shit is doing on my own time because they don't teach you how stats work
>another class is about maths anxiety

>> No.5056430

>>5055998
>essays

>> No.5056485

>>5055998

>that feel when you're a pseudointellectual freshmen STEM major

Protip: being on the Dean's list is not impressive.

>> No.5057555

>>5056385
>class about math anxiety

What the fuck? Also I know what you mean about 'learn by rote.' The lecturer giving our stats lecture is a Psych major and explains the process for doing things, but doesn't explain why. If asked, she just says "Why? Because it's in the book!" And gets a laugh every time. It's like her little catchphrase.

It's a lame attempt at humour to cover up the fuck that she doesn't know. The level of education these psych majors are getting is fucking atrocious. At least I don't have that in my de-

>Lecture cancelled because the Professor wants to play in a golf tournament

FUCK

>> No.5057595

>Having a major where you write essays.
I am disapoint.

>> No.5057598

>>5055998
>essays

>> No.5057603

Weeks ahead of course material?

That sounds nice. Maybe you should apply to start your career at Starbucks now, since you have so much free time.

>> No.5057671
File: 140 KB, 1046x729, Thunderwood College.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5055998
I think i go to the same school op