[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 3 KB, 167x146, 1347183662544.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5040958 No.5040958 [Reply] [Original]

Who is going to save /sci/ ?

>> No.5040962

The people who most want authority are the least suited to have it.

>> No.5040979

>>5040962
Aye aye, captain murrica.

>> No.5040982

>>5040962
Seconded.

>> No.5040993

>>5040962
+1

>> No.5040996

I am new to this board, but I wanted to apply for my own board, they didn't have it, I didn't want to mess this one up, so I just stopped applying.

>> No.5040997

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job." -- Douglas Adams

>> No.5041000

I think that those who want authority can be good authority figures. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

>> No.5041003

"Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible."

>> No.5041014

I don't think people understand what power means when it comes to being a janitor.

The only thing you do is deleting posts that break the general rules and the rules that apply to the specific board.

You're not deleting posts you want to delete. Even if you did, you would very quickly find yourself not being a janitor anymore.

>> No.5041019

>List any past experience/qualifications you have

>> No.5041034

>>5041014
But there are no mature people on /sci/. All the regulars are "stop liking what I don't like" trolls. They WILL arbitrarily delete posts once they become janitor and it's gonna be some fucking hard weeks of complaints to get rid of them.

>> No.5041037 [DELETED] 

>>5041034
That will lead to termination of their position.
Only good janitors that enforce the rules and only the rules, will remain.
I think that I might apply.

>> No.5041042

>>5041037
>That will lead to termination of their position.
hurr durr durr

We know that, but it's gonna be one hell of a shitstorm we need to get them fired, if they abuse their powers. Complaining on /q/, on the IRC and in emails to moot. And we'd need enough people to do this.

>> No.5041050 [DELETED] 

>>5041042
Janitors are accountable
All deletions are logged and reviewed.
If they have abused their powers, then moderators and administrators will terminate their position.

They will be watched extremely closely, especially during their first few days/weeks of being janitors.
They will expect that some rogues and power-trippers will apply for the position. Part of their duty is to weed them out.
This will not be easy, but it will eventually be done, and we will be left with good janitors.

>> No.5041053

I don't really want to apply. When university starts again, I will have less time and I wanted to reduce my time on 4chan anyways. But I care about this board and seeing what horrible psychopaths and trolls we have among the /sci/ regulars, I really fear them becoming janitors. Should I apply, just to reduce their chance of getting the position?

>> No.5041057 [DELETED] 

>>5041053
No.
I promise that I will apply, and if I get the position, I will be fair. Always.
You should not apply unless you have the time to spare for the position.
It is no good being a janitor if you are only rarely available here to actually help.

Apply if you wish, but you must be accurate on the application form with how many hours you will be able to help here.

>> No.5041062

>>5041057
Well I would be here everyday for some hours. I can guarantee that. I just can't guarantee that it will be exactly the same hours everyday.

What are YOU gonna do as a janitor? What are you gonna delete?

>> No.5041064 [DELETED] 

>>5041057

what is your position on daniella titan, the cute science vlogger?

>> No.5041068 [DELETED] 

>>5041062
>I just can't guarantee that it will be exactly the same hours everyday.
Then mention that in your application, and I wish you the best of luck.

>What are YOU gonna do as a janitor? What are you gonna delete?
I will do exactly as I should; deleting and reporting posts that clearly break the rules. My own personal opinion will not be an issue. I will do exactly as I am supposed to.
I will only delete posts that break the rules.

>> No.5041069

>>5041064
Not him, but there we already have the first problem. Imagine the new janitor deleting all the DT threads. The threads alone ARE science related and thus belong here, even though there's some trolling going on IN them. But how would we go about getting him fired for such an abuse of power?

>> No.5041070

>>5041068
But we could consider ANYTHING to break the rules. The rules are too open for interpretation. What is off-topic and what is on-topic? What is a homework request and what is an attempt to learn? What is an expression of opinion and what is trolling?

>> No.5041072 [DELETED] 

>>5041064
I do not think it is actually her who has posted those threads, I think that it is a fan of hers.
I find the videos quite interesting, and as they are clearly science related, I would not be able to delete them as a janitor in good conscience.

This issue would be particularly tricky; where does one draw the line on what is and is not spam?

I think that all Daniella Titan related videos and pictures should be confined to just one thread, but I could not really delete any science thread. It would be abuse of a janitors power.

>> No.5041078 [DELETED] 

>>5041069
You would have to go on /q/ or IRC and mention that a new janitor has deleted science threads.
Even then, the janitor will argue that the Daniella Titan threads are spam.

So far, moderators have left those threads alone, and they are likely to continue to do so.
A janitor should comply with their wishes and also leave those threads alone, I think.

>> No.5041079

>>5041072
Good. What about career advice threads? They are off-topic, I usually report them and they do get deleted by the moderator. Would you delete them on sight?

>> No.5041081 [DELETED] 

>>5041070
Golden rule: If in doubt, do not ban.

I think that the OP would have to clearly mention that something is homework, or an OP would have to very clearly be making a post that has nothing to do with science, for it to be worthy of deletion.

>> No.5041086 [DELETED] 

>>5041079
If they are asking about a career in science, then no, I do not think I should delete them.
People do not have to respond, if they do not wish to. People can helpfully point them to /adv/, which is a more appropriate board for that.

Keep in mind that an OP can not really be 'off topic' because it is the OP that decides the topic of the thread.
The only problem is if a topic is chosen that is very clearly not science related at all.

>> No.5041089

>>5041081
>Golden rule: If in doubt, do not ban.

I support this. My problem is that a potential janitor might not share this view. Within the rules he could still argue that certain things are "trolling" or "spam", because these are not clearly defined.

>> No.5041094

>>5041086
Threads have to be about science or math. If an OP asks which university he should attend, this is clearly off-topic and gets immediately reported.

>> No.5041095 [DELETED] 

>>5041089
Yes, it will be a problem if janitors do not share my view on the golden rule.
Anything can be considered trolling, yes.
Something that one finds to be offensive, one might claim is trolling.
What one is offended by is completely subjective, and one could really be offended by anything, and call it trolling.

For example, If you are a very big fan of Geology, and somebody posts saying they do not like it and think it is an inferior form of science, you might ban them for 'trolling', but they have really only posted their opinion, and might not have intended to troll.

All we can do is hope that we get a good janitor.

>> No.5041099 [DELETED] 

>>5041094
If not science, then yes, it should be deleted.
I personally would prefer to issue just a warning rather than a ban, telling them to ask it on /adv/ instead.
There is no malice or bad intentions in that sort of post, it is just that they are on the wrong board, and it might be an easy mistake to make for somebody who is new.

A ban might be a bit harsh.

>> No.5041105

>>5041099
What about those who, when redirected to /adv/, start insulting? Those deserve to get banned.

>> No.5041109 [DELETED] 

>>5041105
For people who are insulting and flaming and trolling, yes these users should be banned.

>> No.5041110

>>5041095
>you might ban them
A janitor does not ban.

>All we can do is hope that we get a good janitor.
This hope gets immediately diminished by looking at all the aggressive trolling and shitposting by the /sci/ regulars.

>> No.5041113

I tried last time, no gonna bother again.

>> No.5041122

>>5041109
What is flaming and trolling? Is calling someone a retard flaming? Is it flaming when it's done in response to another flamer? Is calling someone a retard within a longer post flaming? What opinions are too controversal to not be considered trolling? Is racism a valid opinon? Is questioning evolution allowed?

In my opinion all of those are flaming / trolling, but it's often impossible to report them due to them being disguised at least as pseudo-arguments.

>> No.5041124 [DELETED] 

>>5041110
Sorry, I meant that the post might be deleted, and a request sent to a moderator for them to be banned.

>This hope gets immediately diminished by looking at all the aggressive trolling and shitposting by the /sci/ regulars.
Keep in mind that none of those people will succeed, even if they do apply.
Trolls and people who make silly posts are not wanted as janitors.

I am a regular, and I do not do that.

>> No.5041130 [DELETED] 

>>5041113
Many people apply, and only a small fraction are taken for the role.
Do not get downhearted.
If you think that you will do a good job, and you are here often, then I think that it is important for you to apply.

>>5041122
Yes.
Please do not call people 'retards'.
Instead, simply politely point out where they have gone wrong in their post, and provide links and citations proving that you are correct.
If you think that they are a troll, then do not reply at all.

Racism is not valid either. See rule 3:
>Do not post the following outside of /b/: Trolls, flames, racism, off-topic replies...

Questioning evolution has to be allowed, as one should be able to question any scientific theory if one has a decent argument to put forward.
Religious trolling is, of course, completely unacceptable.

>> No.5041132

>>5041124
>Keep in mind that none of those people will succeed, even if they do apply.

How do you know that? Unfortunately some of them have good rhetorical skills. The philosofags for example.

>> No.5041141

>>5041130
What about philosophy threads? Pure philosophy that is not even remotely science related does not belong here and is often posted for the sole purpose of annoyance.

>> No.5041143 [DELETED] 

>>5041132
Unfortunately yes; applications are anonymous, and there is no way to tell if one has been honest in their application.
Some smooth-talking rogues might slip through the net, but I assure you that these will not be janitors long enough for this to be much of an issue.
People will complain, the moderators will check, they will spot the rogues, and they will remove them.

>> No.5041148 [DELETED] 

>>5041141
Unfortunately there is no board for philosophy, and I do not think that any users of /b/ would give it the time of day; they would just bury the thread.

In a way, Philosophy is science, and the threads should be left untouched.

As ever, only those who wish to participate will do so. You will be able to hide the thread if you are not interested.

>> No.5041158

>>5041148
>Unfortunately there is no board for philosophy
We have /lit/ and /x/.
/sci/ is for science and math, not for "intellecual random".

>In a way, Philosophy is science
No, definitely not.

>> No.5041162

>>5041148
Philosophy should belong in /lit/. It's a waste of space here. This is /sci/ - Science and Math. Not /sci/ - metaphysical dick waving competitions.

>> No.5041163

>>5041148
>>5041158
And you know pretty damn well that philosophy threads on /sci/ are obvious rage bait and always result in flaming, trolling and shitposting.

>> No.5041166 [DELETED] 

>>5041158
Philosophy does not belong on the paranormal board, and even though Philosophical literature would be a appropriate discussion topic on /lit/, I do not see why Philosophy should not be a topic choice here as well.

>No, definitely not.
It is.
It is regarded as a science and an art.

http://ask.metafilter.com/62615/Is-science-a-philosophy-Is-philosophy-a-science
"Science, as it exists today, happens within the framework of a philosophy. Philosophy, however, is bigger than just science, and is also an art and a discipline. "

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy
"Philosophy is the study of humans and the world by thinking and asking questions. It is a science and an art."

>> No.5041175 [DELETED] 

>>5041162
>>5041163
If you do not like Philosophy threads, then do not participate.
I also usually avoid them, but I genuinely think it would be an abuse of a janitors power to delete them without a second thought.

>philosophy threads on /sci/ are obvious rage bait and always result in flaming, trolling and shitposting.
Then report the trollers and flamers.
The OP does not need to be banned, nor would they deserve one.

>> No.5041178

>>5041166
>"Science, as it exists today, happens within the framework of a philosophy. Philosophy, however, is bigger than just science, and is also an art and a discipline. "
>Philosophy, however, is bigger than just science
>is bigger than just science

Excuse me, but do you happen to know what a subset is?
You just disproved your own point.

>> No.5041182

>>5040962
> authority

It's more like asking for a broom to sweep out the trash everywhere.

> The people who want brooms are the least suited to have them

That's how retarded that sounds.

>> No.5041184

>>5041175
>The OP does not need to be banned, nor would they deserve one.

Yes, he does. He is posting off-topic with the intention of trolling. That's violating rule #3 twice.

>> No.5041192 [DELETED] 

>>5041182
To add to your analogy, a rogue can also use the broom to destroy priceless ornaments.

It needs to be given with great care and consideration.
It is power, and it is authority.

>> No.5041193

>>5041166
>"simple" wikipedia

If that's your intellectual level, I don't think you're qualified to janitor /sci/.

>> No.5041196 [DELETED] 

>>5041184
Like I said, the OP chooses the topic.
Philosophy is a science, this is a fact whether you like it or not.

Posting Philosophy threads is not the problem.
Trolling is the problem.

Report trolls.

>> No.5041199

>>5041196
>Philosophy is a science, this is a fact whether you like it or not.

Now this is just trolling.

>> No.5041201

>>5041196
>Posting Philosophy threads is not the problem.
>Trolling is the problem.
But philosophy threads ARE trolling. They are worse than religion threads.

>> No.5041202

I sure did.

>> No.5041203 [DELETED] 

>>5041193
Simple Wikipedia is useful for quickly proving a point that does not require much depth.
I was only providing a couple of citations to prove that Philosophy is indeed considered to be a science.

Obviously that is not the only website that I use, and it is no indication of my intellectual level.

Keep in mind that high intelligence is not actually required to be a janitor; as this is not a difficult job.
What is more important is honesty and integrity here.

>> No.5041206

>>5041203
>to prove that Philosophy is indeed considered to be a science.
You didn't prove this and in fact it is wrong. Might you please consider replying to >>5041178?

>Keep in mind that high intelligence is not actually required to be a janitor
No, but having at least average intelligence is a requirement for appropriately understanding most of science and math.

>> No.5041208 [DELETED] 

>>5041199
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_philosophy_is_the_science_of_all_things_under_the_light_of_natural_rea
son
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_real_definition_of_philosophy
http://www.class.uidaho.edu/mickelsen/texts/Weber%20-%20History/Schelling.htm
>science
>science
>science

I am not a troll.

>> No.5041216

>>5041208
These are not valid citations and you know it.

What do you think science is? Science is a very special way of gaining knowledge, i.e. by use of the scientific method. Not every intellectual or pseudo-intellectual endeavour does qualify as science. Especially philosophy differs from science by its lack of testability.

>> No.5041218 [DELETED] 

>>5041201
That is just your opinion.
They do not necessarily have to be trolling.
Are you suggesting that the entire field of Philosophy is just people trolling?
Do not be silly.

>>5041206
Yes, I do know what a subset is.

Philosophy is a subset of Science, in a way.

Thinking in a different way, Science can be considered to be a subset of Philosophy.
This is not black and white, but the two are certainly related.

>No, but having at least average intelligence is a requirement for appropriately understanding most of science and math.
A janitor would only have to understand which topics are science and maths.
They would not have to actually understand any of the details in the topic, other than whether it atually is science and maths or not.

>> No.5041219

Let's clarify some stuff here: philosophy is not science. Science however is a form of philosophy, it follows a certain epistemological framework.

With that being said, epistemology should definitely be discussed at /sci/ - things like scientific methodology etc. But ethics and most metaphysics certainly does not belong at /sci/ (with exceptions such as how Leibniz metaphysics is relevant to quantum physics for instance).

>> No.5041221

>>5041218
>Philosophy is a subset of Science, in a way.

How so? Show me how "hurr muh qualia" or "lol free will" is using the scientific method. Show me. I don't see it.

>> No.5041223 [DELETED] 

>>5041216
>These are not valid citations and you know it.
How are they not?
If philosophy is not a science, as you wrongly claim, then what do you actually consider it to be?

>Especially philosophy differs from science by its lack of testability.
Some of it does not need to be tested. It follows logically and is necessarily true.

>> No.5041232 [DELETED] 

>>5041219
>>5041221
Look, we do not really need to argue the semantics here.
The point is, is a janitor always justified in deleting any Philosophy thread on sight without this being an abuse of power?

I think that it is an abuse of power.
If a thread is clearly trolling, then and only then should it be deleted.
Every single philosophy thread should not be tarred with the same brush.

>> No.5041234

>>5041223
One could ask if a tree falls in the forest does it make any noise? Logic tells us yes science tells us no. The sound waves only make "sound" when our brains interpret them. If no one is around then nobodies brains are there to interpret them.

>> No.5041235

>>5041223
>How are they not?
This is not a serious question, right?

>If philosophy is not a science, as you wrongly claim, then what do you actually consider it to be?
It is philosophy. What are you even asking?

>Some of it does not need to be tested. It follows logically and is necessarily true.
Bullshit. Testability is the most important thing in science. Without it you might as well talk religion.

You are a terrible and malicious troll and you just confirmed all my fear regarding the janitor applications.

>> No.5041241 [DELETED] 

>>5041234
>Logic tells us yes science tells us no.
Science also tell us yes.
http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=2533

Noise exists even if there is nobody around to hear it, just as photons exist even if they do not strike your retina.

>> No.5041243

>>5041232
But philosophy threads are trolling. In this regard they are no different from religion threads. Only that the latter are more civilized.

>>5041234
Go troll somewhere else.

>> No.5041244 [DELETED] 

>>5041235
I promise I am not a troll, I just honestly do not think that in good conscience I can delete every single Philosophy thread on sight.

Can you not simply hide Philosophy threads? You do not need to participate.

>> No.5041251 [DELETED] 

>>5041243
Religion is specifically written as being inappropriate on the /sci/ specific rules.
>/sci/ Rule 3: No "religion vs. science" threads.

If the moderators agreed with you, then Philosophy would also be mentioned here as well.

>> No.5041253

>>5041244
I do report and hide them, but they keep spawning in huge quantities. It takes hours until the mods delete them (yes, they do it). It is a janitor's job to delete troll threads faster.

>> No.5041257

>>5041251
They deleted every single philosphy I reported. So they do agree. It's already caught by the global rules. Global rule number 3 tells us not to post trolling or off-topic. Your post is a terrible strawman.

>> No.5041262 [DELETED] 

>>5041253
>>5041257
>It takes hours until the mods delete them (yes, they do it)
>They deleted every single philosphy I reported. So they do agree.

Are you certain? Is there any way that you can prove this?

If that is true, then I change my mind, and I think that a janitor should then delete them, as keeping in line with the wishes of the moderators.

Keep in mind that these specific threads might have just been banned because the OP was trolling in this case, but it does not mean that all Philosophy threads would be banned.

>> No.5041268

>>5041262
Wait a sec. I'm gonna compile a short list of threads from the archive.

>> No.5041271

>>5041178
This is my sentiment entirely. Without getting intoname-calling on the subject, science is a much more confined thing than is philosophy.

>> No.5041274 [DELETED] 

>>5041268
Thankyou.

>> No.5041277

>>5041192
To go even further, the moment a person breaks something the broom will be given to someone else.

Things will sort themselves out soon. Stop worrying.

>> No.5041299 [DELETED] 

>>5041274
Here's a small collection. I made sure to not exclude religion and NSFW content.

https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4963894
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4841586
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4813064
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4889595
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4056504
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4964576
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4964147
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4676028
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4569164
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4887444
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4426648
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4294370
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4864916
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4916000
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S5037914
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S3824347
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S3318140
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S3083275
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4951539
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4908252
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4985341
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4975812
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4866490
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4295844
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4269641
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4067397
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S3817512
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4909266
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S1032398
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4997810

>> No.5041301

>>5041274
Here's a small collection. I made sure to exclude religion and NSFW content.

https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4963894
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4841586
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4813064
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4889595
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4056504
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4964576
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4964147
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4676028
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4569164
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4887444
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4426648
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4294370
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4864916
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4916000
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S5037914
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S3824347
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S3318140
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S3083275
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4951539
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4908252
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4985341
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4975812
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4866490
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4295844
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4269641
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4067397
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S3817512
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4909266
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S1032398
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S4997810

>> No.5041309 [DELETED] 

>>5041301
Some of those threads do not look like trolling to me, but all have indeed been deleted, so I must agree with you.

>>5041057
>I promise that I will apply

Not related to the argument about whether Philosophy is acceptable or not, but something has just come to my attention, and I must unfortunately retract this.
I will not be applying.
Good luck to everyone who does.

>> No.5041323

Janitors can't do shit. We need new mod applications because the /sci/ mods are shitposting trolls who ban legit science threads but leave trolls and even CP alone.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

>> No.5041329 [DELETED] 

>>5041323
You are wrong, on both counts.
Janitors can delete posts, and can request bans for users. They will be useful.

I think that the moderators do a good job.
They have never willingly left CP on the board; you are lying.

>> No.5041344

>>5041323
Where have legit threads been banned? Can you give an example?

>> No.5041383

>>5041344
He cant give you any example cause he got b&

>> No.5041393

The thread about chemtrails conspiracy morons just got deleted but of course that "cute science" bullshit is allowed to survive for ages.

(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST)

>> No.5041399 [DELETED] 

>>5041383
He also can not give any, because he was lying.

>> No.5041401 [DELETED] 

>>5041393
'Cute' science, is still science.
The moderators are acting exactly as they should.

>> No.5041403

I do not do anything associated with the word 'applied'.

>> No.5041405

>>5041401

>pleb detected

>> No.5041407 [DELETED] 

>>5041405
I am not a 'pleb.'
The topics are science, and they are interesting.

>> No.5041423

>>5041407
Having 3 threads on the front page about the exact same video is spam.

>> No.5041427

>>5041405
back to >>>/x/. /sci/ is for science, and cute science is science

>> No.5041432 [DELETED] 

>>5041423
Look carefully.
They are not about the same video.
The topics are all completely different.

>> No.5041434

>>5041423
It's not the same. They are different topics. Experiments on mice can't be discussed in a thread about black holes.

>> No.5041437

>>5041432
at a time there were 3 of the cat ones and 4 higgs ones on the front page.

>> No.5041445

>>5041323
lel

>> No.5041449 [DELETED] 

>>5041437
Only 3 of the 'cat' ones have ever been made, and one was done in jest, by somebody who was banned by the moderators for reporting all of the Daniella Titan threads.
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/?task=search2&ghost=&search_text=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.yout
ube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Di1YzFLy44ZM&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=&
search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_op=op&search_del=dontcare&am
p;search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_res=post

4 higgs ones have been made in total, + the one from the person complaining about the moderators who was banned.
Only one of those actually used Daniella's picture in the OP.
https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/?task=search2&ghost=&search_text=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.yout
ube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DO6ulDYQ5w4U&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=&
search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_op=op&search_del=dontcare&am
p;search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_res=post

>> No.5041460
File: 59 KB, 500x463, 1346882535108.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm leaving this thread as /sci/entists are getting banned left and right here. Bye!

>> No.5041467 [DELETED] 

>>5041460
Indeed. And rightly so.

One of them called me a pleb, which is flaming and is therefore against the rules, and the other 2 were complaining about moderation.

Follow the rules, and you will be fine.
If you do not, then you deserve to be banned.

>> No.5041469 [DELETED] 
File: 784 KB, 1112x3866, Daniellaspam.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5041437
You are lying.
I know for a fact that the 3 cat ones have never been in existence simultaneously.
The second one was recreated after the 1st one was deleted.
The third one was made several days later, by a person angry with the moderators for banning them.

Do not lie, simply to make a point.
It is not very scientific of you.

But yes, somebody is clearly spamming. See my picture.

>> No.5041690

>>5041301
So if you want to discuss the origin of consciousness you're a troll and off-topic?

>> No.5041697

>>5041690
Correct. /sci/ is not the place for unscientific philosopy.

>> No.5041700 [DELETED] 

>>5041697

redundant

>> No.5041717

>>5041697
What is unscientific about human consciousness?

>> No.5041720

>>5041700
you too

>> No.5041723

>>5041717
It is untestable, neither observable nor measurable and not needed for any explanation. In other words: in the scientific context it does not exist. Metaphysics is not science.

>> No.5041740

>>5041723
So neuroscience isn't really science righ?

>> No.5041744

>>5041740
Neuroscience is researching the brain functions. There is no need to mix it up with metaphysics or theology.

>> No.5041754 [DELETED] 

>>5040958
so... how long till jan-squad actually arrives all up in our shit?

>> No.5041758

>>5041744
Consciousness is the result of brain functions

>> No.5041765 [DELETED] 

Why are mods banning people yet the permabanned Harriet is applying for a janitor position and the permabanned EK is shitting up the board?

>> No.5041770

>>5041758
Brain function is brain function. We don't need to introduce misleading metaphysical or theological magic terms.

>> No.5041771

>>5041758
>Consciousness is the result of brain functions

and the brain functions are used by consciousness.

>> No.5041773 [DELETED] 
File: 213 KB, 393x349, 126550.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5041765
wat?
since when was haz applying for jan??

>> No.5041777

>>5041765
>Harriet is applying

[citation needed]

>> No.5041779

>>5041765
Bans help to teach some people lessons. Some.
EK and Harriet are not newfags; they do not apply.

>> No.5041783

>>5041771
That would be dualism, i.e even more unscientific. We can safely dismiss the existence of supernatural entities as long as there is absolutely no evidence.

>> No.5041784 [DELETED] 

>>5041777
>>5041773
It's a shame you cannot recognize her posts Anonymously.

>> No.5041787 [DELETED] 

>>5041777
yeh, fucking bullshit
she'd never get it, coz if she did, i bet she'd ban FUCKING EVERYTHING and this board would literally be completely blank, with every new thread getting deleted on sight, because she always finds SOMETHING to fucking complain about. no matter how small

>> No.5041788 [DELETED] 

>>5041783
There is nothing unscientific about dualism.

>> No.5041791 [DELETED] 

>>5041784
This? >>5040962
sounds like the kind of meaningless faggot bullshit that she'd spout

>> No.5041794 [DELETED] 

>>5041787
>hurr
>>5041014
>>5041037
>>5041050
>>5041057
>>5041068
>>5041072
>>5041078
and so on

All Harriet posts

>> No.5041796

>>5041788
Troll harder. Supernatural forces are almost the definition of unscientific.

>>5041787
Janitors cannot ban.

>> No.5041798

>>5041787
lelz. lets be friends!

>> No.5041804 [DELETED] 

>>5041796
I don't think you understand what dualism is, strawman. There are no "supernatural" forces.

>> No.5041803

>>5041794
I don't think so. I highly doubt she even knows of the IRC, let alone how to use it.

>> No.5041807 [DELETED] 

>>5041794
Not sure about that first one.
"don't" rather than 'do not'
-haz doesnt use slang or shorthand and shit
takes her a fucking hour to send texts, dumb bitch.
possibly on the others.

i seriously fucking hope she doesnt get it.

>> No.5041808

>>5041804
Dualism is the belief in a non-physical entity interferring with our physical world by means of magic which not even dualists themselves can describe. Weird /x/ stuff, but definitely not /sci/.

>> No.5041810

>>5041807
if she does she will have to delete her own posts for ban evasion

>> No.5041815 [DELETED] 
File: 221 KB, 435x355, 13635748.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5041796
>Janitors cannot ban.
well yeh, but they tell the mods who to ban, and mods arnt gonna give a fuck. just tick 'yes to all' and ban.
coz can you imagine mods actually doing any work and actually typing out meaningful ban messages??
dream on, hun.

>> No.5041821

if carl becomes a janitor i won't be coming to /sci/ ever again

>> No.5041822 [DELETED] 

>>5041808
Except that's wrong. You do not understand what Dualism is. You should not insult something you have no education on.

>> No.5041825 [DELETED] 
File: 276 KB, 450x354, 126551.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5041810
she doesnt evade, she doesnt know how.
leave that to the pro's!
:D

>> No.5041828

>>5041815
Didn't you read the news post? Mods don't have to type ban reasons anymore. They can choose the rule copypasta from a list.

>>5041821
Why? Do you come here for shitposting only and hate science threads?

>> No.5041834 [DELETED] 

>>5041825
>hurr durrr
http://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_username=Harriet

>> No.5041839

>>5041821
but Carl would be a good janitor. He knows what shitposting is. I encourage him to apply

>> No.5041841 [DELETED] 

>>5041828
>Mods don't have to type ban reasons anymore. They can choose the rule copypasta from a list.
INB4 rule 3 on everything
they'll just say everything is 'trolling' or 'off topic replies'
fuckin bitches

>> No.5041845
File: 146 KB, 604x404, 1316935234236.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5041828
>hate science threads
everytime anything to do with space is mentioned you shit up the thread to no end, of course you're never banned because the mod is jacking it to chinese cartoons

>> No.5041851 [DELETED] 
File: 268 KB, 472x348, 76756546.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5041834
she's not actually banned in any of those
kinda wierd, i thought she'd get sucked in along with mine?
oh well, i dont give a fuck either way

>> No.5041858 [DELETED] 

>>5041851
Are you retarded? All of her recent trip posts are in the probability theory thread. The mod deleted these because /sci/ is too stupid to solve them.

>> No.5041865 [DELETED] 
File: 254 KB, 398x360, 13645647.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5041858
wat?
why would mods delete a math thread?
link?

>> No.5041869 [DELETED] 

>>5041865
/sci/ doesn't know how to solve them, sadly.

http://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/thread/S5029997

>> No.5041871

>>5041845
What the fuck are you talking about?

>>5041865
You have posted in that probability theory thread more than once.

>> No.5041877 [DELETED] 
File: 170 KB, 1118x1061, MILLIONAIRETROLLFAGGOT.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5041869
you fucking retard!
the WWTBAM trollfaggot is not a probability thread!

>> No.5041880

>>5041877
Why don't you apply for janitor?

>> No.5041884 [DELETED] 
File: 134 KB, 698x569, 74.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5041877
Typical response from the pathetic shitposter. You haven't even taken calculus.

>> No.5041890 [DELETED] 
File: 271 KB, 467x348, 68657456.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5041880
ahahah!
yeh, wow
give the jan position to a perma-bantard?
sounds like a fuckin awesome idea, hun

>> No.5041892 [DELETED] 

>>5041880
EK already is with his Harriet personality. The limit is one application per person.

>> No.5041894
File: 1.17 MB, 474x268, u mad dancer.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I didn't apply for a janitor but I'm still posting itt. u mad?

>> No.5041895 [DELETED] 
File: 59 KB, 153x153, wtfireading.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5041884
>...then this is the 'who wants to be a millionaire' measurespace...
wow, wat??

>> No.5041900 [DELETED] 

>>5041892
fuck off dumass, she isnt me.
and im pretty sure that seeing as shes technically permabanned as well, shes automatically disqualified then?
lel

>> No.5041906 [DELETED] 

>>5041895
Measure spaces are covered in standard undergraduate mathematics curriculum. This just further shows how anti-intellectual you truly are.

How does it feel having the mental capacity of a 14 year old?

>> No.5041912

>>5041900

What is it that's so mysterious and loveable about you, EK?
I just love you.

>> No.5041922 [DELETED] 
File: 22 KB, 474x356, ek777.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5041912

little known fact: EK invented the freddy

>> No.5041925

>>5041906
fuck you, cunt. im not the one posting the same shitty trollthread every day.

>>5041912
awww. thanks hun :)

>> No.5041945 [DELETED] 

>>5041925
Just because you're the epitome of anti-intellectualism and incapable of understanding undergraduate mathematics does not make something a troll thread.

>> No.5041949
File: 139 KB, 348x333, 654654654.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5041945
do you think that FUCKING ANYONE ever falls for any of your bullshit, retard?

>> No.5041953

EK, purely scientific question here: how big are your boobs?

>> No.5041954

>>5041922
It's the thing to do-
Kids will envy you!

>> No.5041957

>>5041953
fuck off

>> No.5041959

>>5041953

If I recall correctly, they would be average-sized, not too big but still existing.

>> No.5041960

>>5041957
I geuss that means rather small.

>> No.5041964 [DELETED] 

>>5041949
>projecting
>baseless claims
How immature are you? If an unsolved problem in measure-theoretic probability theory is such "bullshit" you should be able to provide an explanation on how it is so in a mathematically rigorous manner. Are you able to do that, or are you just going to continue spouting the same pseudointellectual bullshit? You are a pathetic troll and vapid slut.

>> No.5041965 [DELETED] 
File: 203 KB, 480x640, case_bag_of_weed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5041960

for a b-tard, perhaps, but for normal people they are purr-fect.

>> No.5041969

>>5041960
eat shit!
i dont want em too big anyway, they'd get in the way of my sports!

>> No.5041971

>>5041965
Case is so much sexier than her. And no, "A" cups are small.

>> No.5041974
File: 5 KB, 259x435, 1339915145118.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5041965
you already know

>> No.5041976

>>5041969
Shitposting is not a sport.

>> No.5041977

>>5041960

The word I'd rather use would be "nice".

>> No.5041984

>>5041977
She's flatter than DT.

>> No.5041988 [DELETED] 
File: 44 KB, 604x453, EK taking a shit behind a tent.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5041984
DT is much more attractive than EK.

>> No.5041991

>>5041988
stay classy, ek.

>> No.5041992

>>5041988
Stay classy, Britain.

>> No.5041997

>>5041984
actually, DT is pretty fuckin flat.

>>5041988
>>5041991

fuck off dumass 7/7/11-fags

>> No.5041999 [DELETED] 
File: 19 KB, 393x349, ek555.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5041988

nah, they are both off the /sci/ scale

>> No.5042025
File: 263 KB, 456x347, 126552.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5041991
>>5041992
bansquad on patrol?
shit, wonder how long i'll last?
heheh.

>> No.5042307
File: 44 KB, 500x678, 1341034959179.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Green links everywhere.

LOL!

Some mod is all butt hurt in here.

>> No.5042336

>>5042307
I was most of the posts in the threads. All have been deleted.

>>5042025
Your fault, I presume.

>> No.5042402

/sci/ needs janitors who will stop the semi-scientific threads that exist only to create off topic arguments

>> No.5042405

>>5042336
I just emailed moot about this issue.
101% chance he will do nothing to make it better

>> No.5042412

>>5042402
+1

>>5042405
Emailed him what? Don't tell me you seriously complained about a known ban evader getting banned.

>> No.5042468

>>5041969
you ever heard of a sports bra?

>> No.5042481

applied for /mu/ as my first choice, /sci/ second. what the hell was the online nickname thing? i just put none.