[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 30 KB, 640x480, locker-room.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4884583 No.4884583 [Reply] [Original]

I know this isn't exactly for /sci/, but you seem like the most rational and critically thinking group of 4chan. So, should gay men be allowed into men's locker rooms?

>> No.4884586

Here's an exerpt from my omegle chat to get the conversation going.

Question to discuss:
Should gay guys be able to enter guys locker room?
Stranger: of course !
You: That's a good question, actually.
Stranger: Gay are guys. Not matter who they love.
You: Stranger, the whole purpose of dividing bathrooms into gender is because you want to seperate people who would be sexually attracted to the others in the locker room.
You: I'm all for gay rights, but this is a question that needs to be asked.
Stranger: well, it wouldn't be right to put a gay in the girls locker room !
You: But would it be fair for the other males in the locker room for someone to take a peek at their junk?
Stranger: Like, theses hormonal crazy girls are going to FREAK OUT !
Stranger: Well, it has always been this way, why would it have to change ?
You: You're a conservative, politically, right?
Stranger: Im a girl. Even if the guy is gay, i wouldn't want him in my locker room!
You: Just because this is how it's been doesn't mean it doesn't need to be changed.
You: Think of slavery.
Stranger: Theses are two totally different things !
You: I'm talking about the concept you applied to the argument
You: Not the argument itself.
You: I understand, and agree with your point that you wouldn't want a man in the locker room, but why wouldn't you?
You: What I'm trying to get at here, is what is the purpose for gender seperated locker rooms, in your opinion?
Stranger: Well, I wouldnt want a guy - any guy, gay, straight, whatever- in my locker room ! It would be way to complicate anyway ! In high school, can you really know who is gay and who isnt? Any asshole guy could pretend to be one and enter the girl's locker room and just check about girls !
Stranger: * check out
You: So why wouldn't you want the guy in the locker room?
You: I'm just trying to get at the meat of the discussion here.

>> No.4884597

BIOTRUTHS INC

"I KNOW EXACTLY WHY MEN'S AND WOMEN'S BATHROOMS WERE CREATED"

>> No.4884600

>>4884597

You dumbass, stick to the topic, or at least add some input.

>> No.4884604

> the most rational and critically thinking group of 4chan

My sides.

>> No.4884612

>>4884604

That might actually be true. But that's only because the whole site is full of idiots, not because /sci/ is objectively rational.

>> No.4884615

A gay man frequenting girl locker rooms would at least end as bisexual, I assure you.

>> No.4884616

>>4884612
OP here, that's what I was getting at.

>> No.4884620

>>4884615
We discovered how to partially cure homosexuality?

>> No.4884636

Unisex lockerooms. They got unisex bathrooms/showers at some dorms I've seen in universities, it doesn't seem to be an issue.

If we still can't do that, then I guess you would just let the fucking kid in whatever sexed bathroom they fall into. I mean, what are you going to do, exclude the kid from the locker rooms or build them a brand new GAY GUY one? The thing I would worry about the most is straight up homophobic bullying of the kid. It's fucking ignorant to be more afraid of the gay kid groping dudes and acting like a whore than the bullying that most definitely would occur, assuming if the kid was open with their sexuality.

>> No.4884652

>>4884583
Considering homosexuals it gets to a point where public baths should be banned completely, with definite individual privacy.
There's no practical way to segregate the groups so that there's no risk of coupling people who might be attracted to each other.
But it really is an interesting question, I agree with the buddy on Omegle. Also disregarded the girl being a girl.

>> No.4884654

>>4884583
OP, is your name Karl Pilkington?

Where would gay guys go then if they weren't allowed in mens locker rooms?

>> No.4884658

>>4884636
A gay-only bathroom would make things even worse. I mean, everybody inside could be attracted to every other person.

>> No.4884665

>>4884620 cure homosexuality
Yeah, it's called pussy.

>> No.4884670

>>4884665
>>4884615

>Implying being gay is a choice that a man can change his mind about.

>> No.4884672

>>4884670
>excluding rape, implying who we choose to sleep with ISN'T a choice

>> No.4884688

>>4884654

I wish I was Karl Pilkington

>> No.4884703
File: 249 KB, 4000x4000, 1329948664607.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4884583
No, engineers should not be allowed into mens locker rooms.

/thread

>> No.4884717

Yes! We should make a whole new room for gays, because rooms like locker rooms are meant to be for those people who wouldn't be sexually attracted to them.

... oh wait.

>> No.4884726

It's this simple to me. People are mostly comfortable with the current situation. There's not much to gain by making an issue out of it. Separating locker rooms based on sexuality (not even practical because homosexuals aren't tagged) wouldn't make anything better for anybody. If the issue is sexual attraction, they'd need their own private rooms. I guarantee, more women would have problems with men claiming they were gay sharing a locker room with them than the few men who actively worry about gay men in their locker room. Besides, women are attracted to gay men as well as straight men so it'd create similar tension. If a man is worried that a gay man might be around he can change in a stall. I feel like trying to change it would just segregate people unnecessarily.

>> No.4884768

why do i give a shit?

unless the gay guy tries to rape me which all things considered is as likely as some other fag in the lockerroom so therfore why do i give a fuck?

>> No.4884776

>>4884583

We should have separate locker rooms for Gay men, Lesbian women, Bisexual people, Transgendered people, Pansexuals, Heterosexual men, Heterosexual women and Asexual people. Problem Solved!

>> No.4884782
File: 73 KB, 300x301, 1342233883593.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Locker rooms are not separated because of people being attracted to the opposite sex. They are separated by gender. People are more likely to be comfortable changing and pissing around other people with the same physiology. Unless unless you've got a small dick.

inb4 pervs

>> No.4884790
File: 73 KB, 498x333, heheheh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4884586

>I'm just trying to get at the meat of the discussion here.

>> No.4884792

>>4884726
>>4884782

This is OP, these answers are the best in the thread and have satisfied my requirements for an answer.

>> No.4884794

>>4884782
there's a difference between sex and gender

>> No.4884806

>>4884782
you said unless twice

you thought nobody noticed, but I did

I see you there mr. double unless

you can't trick me

>> No.4884813

>>>4884782
>there's a difference between sex and gender

The difference is that I had SEX with your mom after your dad changed his GENDER. I never said that there wasn't a difference.

>> No.4884824

whats the worse that could happen, homosexuals are not at a higher risk of sexual harassment.

>> No.4884833

no they should be forced to use the women's locker room. That will definitely not become a problem

>> No.4884914

Should straight men be allowed into men's locker rooms?