[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 35 KB, 576x384, u23r983209313.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4880658 No.4880658 [Reply] [Original]

So Im about to graduate with a degree in Genetics from a top 25 school (globally) and I honestly have no idea what I am going to do. Anyone here have similar problems? Ive worked in labs but it's not the life for me.

I never wrote the MCAT and honestly I don't have the extra-curriculars so it seemed like a waste of time (unless I want to go to a shit school). Probably gonna go for my DPharm and live a hapless life.

>> No.4881112

nothing?

>> No.4881122

This is sci. We know the benefits of getting degrees that will more than likely get us jobs.

You belong with the Occupy crowd - a bunch of hapless losers who got degrees aimlessly and had no idea what was in store for them, so now you all whine about being jobless and doing nothing.

Go write the MCAT if you want. Shit school doesn't matter if you pass.

>> No.4881159

i'm doin a bioinformatics research project for my computer science degree. I just went to the ISMB conference in cali. where were you? all the cool people were there!

>> No.4881167

>>4880658
any med school in the US is a good school. only real shit schools are Caribbean/latin american ones. get that 30+ and be a useful person.

>> No.4881170

>>4881122

The Occupy movement is filled with psychologists and woman's studies graduates, not fucking Geneticist.

Also OP if I were you I would learn to enjoy working in a lab.

>> No.4881174

>>4881170
What the fuck makes you think a bachelors degree in genetics entitles you to a fucking job?

What makes you think a job in a science guarantees you a job? Try getting a bachelor of physics or math and see how many jobs you get.

You aren't entitled to anything just because your degree heavily involves numbers and equations and science.