[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 760 KB, 1024x768, Penguins.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4877148 No.4877148 [Reply] [Original]

Let's say you read a 100 page book (just for simplicity's sake) about something you know nothing about.

After reading it without taking aderrall, how much (in%) would you recall after a day?
Now the same question, but with taking aderrall.(assuming you know nothing about it yet again)

If you've used it before, I'd like to hear your opinion.

>> No.4877151

For science's sake, all conditions are exactly the same, except on a different try you're on aderrall with a reasonably strong dose.

>> No.4877157

Adderall will help you focus more while you are studying, but wouldn't directly help you recall things the next day.

>> No.4877158

>100 page book
>after a day
is this even possible

>> No.4877162

>>4877158
Is what possible?

Btw, you'd probably read that within a short time-period, but I'm using a day as cooldown period between reading and recalling.

>> No.4877178

I'm diagnosed with adhd, but I think it's bullshit.

I found that while on my meds (vyvanse, it's basically adderal but they control the rate of release differently) I was better able to focus on one thing for an extended period of time and my rote recall was faster (times tables and stuff). On the other hand, I often found that I was less able to perform complicated mental tasks (my sample was mostly proof-based math).

But you're welcome and expected to ignore my anecdote.

Adderal use correlates well with speed and focus, not neccesarily recall (though if your recall suffers because of speed or focus, adderal will improve it). It is important to note that your mind becomes accustomed to (this can be stated more scientifically in terms of our psychological and computational undertanding of memory) the state which it is in when you learn things (ex: if you take adderal to study for a test and then take the test sober, you won't do as well as if you had studied sober or taken the test on adderal).

P.S. I don't take the drugs

>> No.4877187

Couldn't you achieve the same effect (increased concentration and memory)
by smoking or meditating?

>> No.4877208

>>4877187
the ADHD medications are not just amphetamine-derivates.

They actually are plain old good amphetamine.

Meaning that you can take amphetamine to get the same effect.

>> No.4877254

>>4877208
I'd much rather take nicotine and deep breathing instead of amphetamines.