[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 25 KB, 400x364, 1340424311835.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4869359 No.4869359 [Reply] [Original]

So /sci/, confused 18 year old young man that still has no idea what he wants to do with his life here. Need advice. If this bothers you, please stop reading here. If you like being helpful, then allow me to thank you in advance. Long story short, I am going into 12th grade next year, but even though I have a good, well-rounded schedule, I fear that I will be unable to discover what interests me. Since I've spent all these years (wasted, really) in a public school and still haven't achieved what the system was designed to do, I might as well give up on being happy with my career, and be just one of those "boring" type guys with no souls who work only for the money, since money is indeed nice. So, my question from me to you is, what fields of study should I start looking into for college that pays the most? The work can be anything, as long as it pays well. Pic related, it's you. Also inb4-
>PHD in math, any job I want
>300k starting

>> No.4869361

kill yourself faggot

>> No.4869365

>>4869359
>Asking a webforum how to live life.
Jesus dude you've got a lot more to worry about than a job. Try first reading a shit ton, anything. Then see what interests you and just go for that.

>> No.4869367

BS in nursing. work 3 days a week, 12 hour shifts, 4 days off, decent pay

>> No.4869372

Dude what kind of philosphy is that? Do you really want to spend 75% of your waking life doing something you hate or feel indefferent to just so you can have a bigger house or a nice flatscreen TV?

Protip: Do some kind of gap year (social, vacation, job pr internships) where you can reflect on your interests.