[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 73 KB, 1024x577, 1306005120882.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4862188 No.4862188 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /sci/,

I'm a career chemist that has recently realized the necessity for higher-level mathematics. (AKA I've seen the light.)

That being said, I am currently taking a course in Ordinary Differential Equations. I have absolutely *no* background in linear algebra (matrix operations, bases, etc) and I need to get humpin' in order to succeed in the remainder of the course.

I have aggregated a number of resources, including from the sticky, but I am still having trouble organizing my studies and picking out the "most relevant" bits.

Can you offer me any advice? I would really appreciate it.

>> No.4862200

what the fuck? You're a "career chemist" who hasn't taken odes or linear algebra?

you sure you're not a "6 month temp lab tech with some on the job training" ?

>> No.4862211

>>4862200

Yes....I'm an organic synthesis guy.

I hate to fall into the stereotype. Hopefully I can correct that!

>> No.4862309

where are you taking the ODE course? take a linear algebra course while you're there.

>> No.4862344
File: 70 KB, 600x450, labor.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

what's the fuzz about 'organic synthesis'?

biophysic here, just interessted

>> No.4862361

If you are interessted in math read "Gödel, Escher, Bach" after this you can think systematic as fuck

>> No.4862478

Are you fucking kidding me you god damned son of a bitch? What the fuck are you thinking not looking at the cuntsucking /sci/ self-help page, https://sites.google.com/site/scienceandmathguide/.. Fuck off, nigger.