[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 167 KB, 600x600, lol_misogyny_xD.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4844166 No.4844166 [Reply] [Original]

whenever i ejaculate after masturbation, i think of this girl i was obsessed with or i've been obsessed with for about 6 years

what's the reason to this? the thought just pops in my mind, out of nowhere. there isn't a train of thoughts. i think "i should check her facebook profile". i don't get it. the weirdest part is that i've never thought about her sexually.

>> No.4844199

OP, if you're (by your own admission) still obsessed with her, why wouldn't she pop out of your subconscious? She is obviously present there almost consciously all the time anyway. Your brain is primed constantly to think of her whenever a sexual thought/feeling/impulse occurs. No "train of thought" is necessary, in many cases we can't trace our thoughts consciously to their "origin" anyway.

This is a normal, if sometimes unsettling, human mental phenomenon. Your brain does tons of processing and shit without your conscious awareness. Whens omething does "pop up," it will sometimes be "tagged" as a willed thought, sometimes not.

>> No.4844214

>>4844199
what freaks me out is the consistency of it happening a few moments after ejaculating. i was wondering about how are me being in love with her and ejaculating intertwined, wondering about a common part of my mind controlling both things.

>> No.4844235

>>4844214
Well it will also be reinforced every time you do it, since you have already done it once, then noticed it, and now you dwell on it every time it happens.

This is how we form habits/"loops" in our brains. It becomes a more hardwired pattern, and a self-perpetuating connection.
You can break the cycle though, it isn't permament. It just takes mental work and concentration, mainly by thinking about other women enough that she becomes less of a "trigger" in your mind. If that is your desire of course. You may enjoy it, idk.

Probably not healthy to obsess over her if she is unattainable for some reason though.

Check out some books on Cognitive Therapy and Neurolinguistic Programming to get more insight into your unconscious thought patterns and how to change them if you want to.

>> No.4844252

Fucking Summer.

>> No.4844258

>>4844252
i've probably been in 4chan longer than you. just sayin

>> No.4844379

Is it me or is this thread hidden? Didn't know this was possible. If op is around maybe he should repost this on /adv/ because no one on here knows any sound scientific explanation for the problem.

>> No.4844397

>>4844379
i'm not looking for advice, though. i wanted to know if this or something similar to this was a known phenomenon.