[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 292 KB, 806x746, ei-sty..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4763814 No.4763814 [Reply] [Original]

/sci/ and /diy/ unify gravity?
Posting on both board atm.

>> No.4763819

>>232306

>> No.4763832

>unify gravity
L = Rvol
done

>> No.4763839

According to the current understanding of physics, forces are not transmitted directly between objects, but instead are described by intermediary entities called fields. All four of the known fundamental forces are mediated by fields, which in the Standard Model of particle physics result from exchange of gauge bosons. Specifically the four interactions to be unified are:

Strong interaction: the interaction responsible for holding quarks together to form neutrons and protons, and holding neutrons and protons together to form nuclei. The exchange particle that mediates this force is the gluon.
Electromagnetic interaction: the familiar interaction that acts on electrically charged particles. The photon is the exchange particle for this force.
Weak interaction: a repulsive short-range interaction responsible for some forms of radioactivity, that acts on electrons, neutrinos, and quarks. It is governed by the W and Z bosons.
Gravitational interaction: a long-range attractive interaction that acts on all particles. The postulated exchange particle has been named the graviton.

Modern unified field theory attempts to bring these four interactions together into a single framework.

TL;DR We connect the four types of fields.

>> No.4763843

>>4763832
Great. Now unify everything else.

>> No.4763845

>>4763843
you only said gravity.

>> No.4763849

SPOILERS: there are models unifying the four fundamental interactions. None of them are widely accepted though, mainly because there are no evidence. Gravitons haven't been observed yet, and don't even get me started on strings

The mathematics works out beautifully though, I'll grant you that.

>> No.4763850

g = 9.81

There I did it. I quantified gravity.

>> No.4763886

>>4763845
And now I said other things. This is how a conversation works. If I said the same thing consistently, I'd never get anything done.