[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 47 KB, 640x600, anus.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4721965 No.4721965 [Reply] [Original]

If there is truely an infinite number of universes, does that mean that there is an infinite number of parallel universes that are exactly like this one, but I have a different haircut? And another set of infinite universes where all that's different is I had 3 eggs for breakfast instead of 2?
When people say infinite parallel universes, do they literally mean infinite? Or is it just so many that they can't count?

>> No.4722006

Well look at it this way.
Parallel universes have every atom in the universe and where the atoms are. they are random and diffrent. meaning that there could be a universe to ours besides i have 1 more carbon atom on me. but that also means that the physics could change. you could argue about that but according to the big bang theory the universe will eventually stop growing so since the size of the universe is x>infinite. so we have infinite universes

>> No.4722025

If the parallel universes theory holds true, who is there to say that there doesn't exist a whole crop of universes where the Abrahamic God as described in the Bible and Torah does lords over everythingt?

Mind == BLOWN.

>> No.4722824
File: 3 KB, 397x312, Parallel_lines.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> 1: if there are an infinite number of universes,
> 2: ????
> 3: Therefore, there are an infinite number of parallel universes.

You're missing a step there, OP. Basic geometry would tell you there's multiple answers to your question, depending on what step #2 is.

If there are an infinite number of universes,
and each universe is infinite in size,
and no universe is in contact with any other,
then all universes are parallel to all other universes.

and each universe is in contact with every other,
then there are no parallel universes.

and each universe is finite in size,
then we cannot know if any universes are parallel to any other without measuring each one.

>> No.4722831

Nothing is infinite, because it takes infinity to reach infinity.

>> No.4722840

What if there's a parallel universe where a being became so powerful that he could not only control that universe(god) but the multiverse...

So deep...