[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 82 KB, 564x511, 1335882550323.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4659200 No.4659200 [Reply] [Original]

so this has been bugging me for quite a while /sci/.

pic related shows a sun made of ice and a sun made of lava.

i have been discussing what would happen if they collide with a friend all day today and the idiot seriously believes that the ice sun would melt.

i disagree. i mean that can't be right when the ice is colder than the lava is hot.

am i right? how do i prove him wrong?

>> No.4659205

Fuck Off

>> No.4659207

well you see, he is only partially correct. What would actually happen is the extreme cold from the sun made of ice would extinguish the sun made of fire because cold destroy oxygen molecules and oxygen is required for suns to burn

>> No.4659208

I don't know but I know that the collision will result in an energy distribution similar to that of the peak oil curve

>> No.4659220

>>4659200
Sun made of steam dumbass. Fire is hot and water will undergo two phase transitions, solid to liquid and liquid to gas. There will be so much steam that it will start to collapse under it's own gravity initiating fusion of the water molecules in the steam. Then it will be a full steam star.

This is simple shit OP, have you never taken an Astronomy course before?

>> No.4660447

i think it is more interesting to consider what would happen if a person was the size of the earth (assuming they were at some point in space in a habitable zone, not already on a planetary surface). what would the geology of that human-planet be like after suitable planet-forming length of time?

it would be rich in water and hydrocarbons. it would also contain a lot of calcium minerals. it may have a small iron core. would it have enough water for oceans? i would think so, possibly an ocean planet. but wouldn't the compression/heating of all that flesh end up creating masses of hydrocarbons? there may be a hydrocarbon ocean floating above a water ocean, with a calcium/carbon crust...

an interesting thing to think about.