[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 36 KB, 1253x590, m111.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4590974 No.4590974 [Reply] [Original]

Any other /sci/ fags listen to music constantly?

It makes the joy of knowledge and adventure truly come alive. Vigour!

Pic Related : Great part of the Requiem.

>> No.4590987

Bach and before, Ives and after. Most of /sci/ agrees with this golden standard. Except of course, you.

>> No.4590989

Yup. Anything calm to somber and immersive to something very eratic.

Kaleidoscope of Mathematics - A Beautiful Mind
Very fast metal or electronica.

>> No.4590995

>>4590987

Dat Tocatta and Fugue
Dem Mineutos.

>> No.4591009
File: 102 KB, 373x355, 5489673456.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBfKXHoSvDM

dat karajan

>> No.4591026

Yes! I actually have something to admit to about that!!

Today, I found a new interpretation of Rachmaninov's 2nd. When I'm in the mood, I usually listen to Alexis Weissenberg's version, but it was becoming a bit boring to me and looked for another.

(1) Valentina is too fast and her interpretation is way, WAY too mechanical. There's no soul in it. Compared to Weissenberg, it's mediocre.
(2) Argerich is good, but it's nothing special. I listened to it once, but it never made a lasting memory on me. Her rendition of Rachmaninov's 3rd is superior by a several miles.
(3) Kissin is good and I consider him my second favorite after Weissenberg. There are a few sections within Kissin's rendition, however, which makes it somewhat ... timid. That song is intended to be powerful and evoke strong emotion. I dislike how it's timid in certain parts where it shouldn't be.

I found several other lame renditions, but then I came across this gem. It may even usurp the Weissenberg version I have. Here it is and I hope you enjoy it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG6Y-6cWVno

>> No.4591066

Gustav Mahler

no.5 is fun, and no.1 is awesome