[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 77 KB, 400x323, sleep[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4590895 No.4590895 [Reply] [Original]

/sci/ I need some way to make sure that I wake up on time.
>4 alarms within a foot of me, two on each side
>I can now turn them off by pure muscle memory, without even waking up
>I can't move them away or I'll simply sleep through them(sometimes I sleep right through them while they wake up everyone in my house)

Is there any technique to make myself wake up on time? It's not a question of tiredness either, I'll go to sleep early and still sleep through/auto turn off all the alarms. They aren't weak alarms either, two cellphone alarms and two loud regular alarms.

>> No.4590902

Are you in a room that gets morning sunlight?

Sleep/wake cycles are influenced by the light in the room. It's harder to wake up in a room that stays dark.

>> No.4590901

light timer, have it turn on when you want to wake up in correlation with your alarms.

but really just grow a pair and stand up

>> No.4590916

Quit being a fat fuck so your sleep isn't interrupted by your neck fat suffocating you.

>> No.4590921

>>4590902
I keep my blinds up so sunshine does hit me. Problem is that at the time I want to wake up (5:45 AM) it's still too dark to have any effect.

>>4590901
It's not like it's a conscious decision. I'm not awake saying "I'll just sit here for 5 more minutes, mommy..." I just wake up 30 mins late and see that my alarms are either turned off(I turn them off in my sleep) or that I simply slept through them.

>> No.4590922

thinkgeek.com has alarms that must be painfully effective but I am doubtful about their impact on physical and mental health. One of them gives you an electroshock when you disable it, the other flies around your room and lands somewhere relatively random and beeps until you bring it back where it belongs (which usually means getting up). You could just program a script that gives $10 to charity from your paypal account every 10min you spend it bed after your alarm rang. You'd have to be quite careful but hey, that would wake ME up.

>> No.4590950

Don't move them away, but get some metal bowls, cubs, whatnot from the kitchen or whatever.

Put your alarm clocks under upended large bowls, then heap the rest of the stuff on the bowls so that when you reach for the clocks, you'll wake the dead with the noise.

Another one that I use is to hang the clock from it's cord from the side of the bed or nightstand or something. It's harder to kill the alarm when the clock swings away from your hand.

Yet another that I used successfully is to break the alarm button in such a way as to make it very difficult to kill the alarm.

All of these will make you use your brain, forcing you to wake up better.

>> No.4590951

>>4590950
*cups

>> No.4590954

Try waking up to a random song instead of the same sound every time. If this doesn't work you are doomed.

>> No.4590967
File: 29 KB, 387x450, old-fashioned-alarm-clock-thumb9700401.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just use an alarm clock like this one and put it on the other side of the room. It's loud as shit. Actually scared me the first time it woke me up.

>> No.4590990

>Hide one cellphone in the closet with six alarms set on it
>Hide another cellphone on the other side of the room with six alarms set on it
>Set three regular alarm clocks at random areas around the room, some under things to make them more annoying to turn off in the morning
>Set an iHome to go off in a high, hard to reach place, to play music that will hopefully get me up
>set television to turn on and play a show/music

>still wake up an hour late with them all turned off sometimes, not remembering turning any of them off

I wish I knew, OP. I mean, all of this usually gets me up, but I'd say once every two weeks or so this still fails to get me up.

>> No.4591007

>>4590895
Drink lots of water before you go to bed.

>> No.4591013

find something you actually want to wake up for, do that every day

problem solved, then you won't be a faggot and turn off your alarms with 'muscle memory' such a faggot term

alternative, put your alarm out of reach you dumb arse.

>> No.4591015

use your phone op. hook it up to your speakers and set several consecutive alarms after each other. so one at say 8:10 and another at 8:15. getting up twice to go turn off your alarm will rouse you. trust me.

also sleep well, eat well and excersize.

>> No.4591028

Download an alarm-clock program the wake-up sound of which you can change.

Put on some blood-curdling creaming or whatever on it.

There's nothing like a little adrenalin to get your day going.

>> No.4591046

google the sonic bomb alarm. I had the same problem OP, my sonic bomb alarm vibrates by bed and sounds off at 120db, place the unit away from the bedside so u must get up.
No fucking chance u dont wake up on time unless you wake up dead.

>> No.4591334

I have a Clocky alarm clock and by god I hate that thing with the fury of 1000 suns (In other words, it works). It's stupid loud and rolls around the room when it is put in sleep. However, I don't even need the rolling because the alarm is so intense that I want to die every time I hear it(Extremely loud, fast, random tones) and setting a regular alarm clock 60 seconds before that one goes off means I get my ass out of bed the instant it goes off.

Clocky hasn't gone off in several months come to think of it

>> No.4591380

>>4591334
I looked this up.

hahaha, oh wow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ_n6WT-1Gs

>> No.4591392

>>4590895
set the alarm on your phone to vibrate.
lock the screen
put the phone in your pocket while you sleep

>> No.4591400

>4 alarms within a foot of me, two on each side

Why the fuck? Put them across the room so you have to get up.

>> No.4591404

You could get one of those alarms that requires a puzzle to be solved to turn it off.

>> No.4591410

>>4590895
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zEH5GxPNO8

Check this out

>> No.4591411

http://www.sleepyti.me/

Depends on when you go to sleep. You need to time it with your normal REM cycle.

>> No.4591417

inb4 alarms start having captchas.

>> No.4591565

i've bought a bunch of weird alarms.
one is flying a helicopter that you must put back in place in order to stop the alarm.
one is running onto the ground in random directions in order to force you to get up and walk.
one is a mini dumbbell, you must make 20 moves before it stops beeping.
one is a light that slowly rise like the sun.
one is a huge beeper very noisy.
one is shaking your bed (when put properly under the mattress).

you see, none of them solved the problem.
I ended up doing everything as it was needed, and getting asleep just after that.
even trying to put these alarms at different times wouldn't work.

>> No.4591602

REM cycles are about 90 minutes long, light sleep in it is like 20 minutes at the end.

Say, wake up at 6:00AM
Sleep at 4:30am, 3:00am, 1:30am, 12:00am, 10:30pm, etc.

>> No.4591725
File: 9 KB, 300x178, price436.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just had a fucking idea. No buying shit or whatever.....

Just put the loud alarm clock under your bed so when it goes off you have to get out of bed, get on the ground, and shut it off. Plus, it is still very close to you.

>> No.4592292

stop being fagortz

get computoid

put cummer in kitchen
run long speakers w/ extension from kitchen to ur room
use cum alarm

beep beep cum cum

u wake up and are forced to go to kitchen to shut it the FUCK up

assfaggotidiots

>> No.4592302

omg u stupid faggots this is what u need to do

u will need an alarm (u already have) and a spdt relay and some other shit

find the operating voltage of ur speaker then get the corresponding relay which will switch at that voltage

connect ur relay coil on the same circuit on the speaker, so when the speaker is energized so is the coil and the coil switches

thats the switch circuit done

then now u get a salad bowl and hang it from ur roof with 2 strings, 1 string permanently hooked to the wall and 1 string which will be released by a motor with a clip on it

wire up the motor to the relay so when the coil is energised the motor switches on

the motor will have a gear on it so when it unwinds the string falls off the motor and the bowl flips open

now take a big smelly shit in the bowl

when ur alarm goes off in the morning a big bowl of shit will be spilled onto ur face forcing u to wake up

enjoy

>> No.4592309

i got a good 1

replace ur roof with a huge magnifying glass and point it at ur dick

so when the sun goes up in the morning ur dick will burn up and itll hurt u enough to wake up

breakfast is already made sausage and egg high protein

enjoy

>> No.4592317

this one is good 2

if ur living at home or with summon else then do this 1 as its good

move ur plumbing sewage pipeline up into a receptacle coming down from ur roof

and this is how it works

cause most people shit/piss when they wake up, u will not have to rely on urself to wake up and the more people there are in ur house the more reliable this is

when they take a shit or piss they will flush the toilet and u will be spilled with shit and piss all over u forcing u to get up and have a shower and get ready for your work/day

fuckerz

>> No.4592324

i got a realy good 1!!!!!

get wire fencing and do this

get wire fencing and cover ur bed in it

now once again this alarm uses a relay

wire up the active of it power outlet to the relay then the fence and click it on 1 side
then put the common connector on other side of bed obv

now same as the salad bowl alarm up before wwire it so ur alarm triggers the relay coil making it switch

now when ur alarm goes off u get a very little shock to help wake u up and energy for the day in the morning! nice one!\

fuckZX

>> No.4592328

this 1 is easy if ur a fat ass

eat lots of food like just say eat like 50 pizzas then take how long it takes for u to make a really big steaming smelly worm infested dump

now this is the trick

once u find out howlong it takes, say it takes u 4 hours to produce the shit and u wanna sleap 8 hours

then before u go to bed then eat 100 pizzas so u will b forced 2 wake up in 8 hours to make a wormy shit agin

fukhead

>> No.4592331

this one realy works so read it!

get a bomb like just say 200 TNT sticks

then wire up a real long fuse that will take 8 hours to burn

light it before u go to bed

u will be woken up in the morning easily (u might have 2 place the TNT under ur pillow if ur a heavy sleeper tho... )

fuckass

>> No.4592341

>>4590895
I use my phone (Android), I use app (Alarm clock xtreme free) which has a math captcha that I must solve in order to turn the alarm off. I also have headphones on sometimes if im taking a nap, and the alarm goes thru the headphones at an increasing sound

>> No.4592344

find an app if you have a smart phone for a nice alarm clock that requires you to enter a pattern or do math problems or something

>> No.4592353

>>4592344

UR QUESTIONS WOULD BE 1+1 = ?

PEABRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>> No.4593074
File: 34 KB, 440x330, 1326593931047.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4592292

Shit like this keeps me coming back to 4chan.

>> No.4593085
File: 126 KB, 561x370, the_more_you_know.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have an app on my phone that requires me to solve a math puzzle of variable difficultly to deactivate the alarm. Its called Alarm clock plus on android

Try that

>> No.4593141

OP, eat lightly in the evening, and no snacks before bed. Digestion is demanding and will ruin your nigtly rest.

>> No.4594256

>>4593074
Such imagination.