[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 62 KB, 480x419, 128939467771636066.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4484605 No.4484605 [Reply] [Original]

So /sci/ I've been thinking.

If we all suffer from not having anybody love us, why don't we all just love each other?

>> No.4484615

>BRILLIANT.JPEG!
>BRILLIANT.JPEG!
>BRILLIANT.JPEG!
>BRILLIANT.JPEG!
>BRILLIANT.JPEG!
>BRILLIANT.JPEG!
>BRILLIANT.JPEG!
>BRILLIANT.JPEG!
>BRILLIANT.JPEG!
>BRILLIANT.JPEG!
>BRILLIANT.JPEG!
>BRILLIANT.JPEG!
>BRILLIANT.JPEG!
>BRILLIANT.JPEG!
>BRILLIANT.JPEG!
>BRILLIANT.JPEG!
>BRILLIANT.JPEG!
>BRILLIANT.JPEG!
>BRILLIANT.JPEG!
>BRILLIANT.JPEG!
>BRILLIANT.JPEG!
>BRILLIANT.JPEG!
>BRILLIANT.JPEG!
>BRILLIANT.JPEG!

>> No.4484630

Is psychological-ish discussion allowed in here? if so, I'd say it's all about security reasons. Of course everything would be better if everyone got along, but most people think that would be too risky, as they fear the probability of death from letting their guards down.

I try and do my part to get along with everyone I can. It's hard to do because of my upbringing and crystallized thoughts, but i try to let my fluid intelligence guide my way to a friendlier group of relationships.

Also, good child rearing is important to instill learned sociability and love for all living things.

>> No.4484635

>>4484630
well it doesn't have to be everybody.

We could all just pair off into two's

>> No.4484637
File: 11 KB, 302x452, feeeel.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Can I make friends with people from 4chan?

;_;

>> No.4484645
File: 9 KB, 250x236, 1324840497344.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>thinking I want to be friends with you greasy neckbeards

I've never been friends with anybody who was 20 lbs or more overweight, and I don't ever intend to.

>> No.4484648

>>4484605

Because I hate you.

>> No.4484651

>>4484645
Fine.

But don't try coming back to us when your life starts to fall apart because we don't want to risk letting you in and getting hurt again.

>> No.4484655

>>4484635
not likely. each group would fight over resources to feed children and whatever. Some form of division of labor seems to me to be necessary.

Sexually pairing into twos seems to be the progression, and i infer that's what you were referring to. A mother and father living peacefully together while raising the children would exemplify a good functioning relationship and provide a male and female role model for the children.

>> No.4484658

>>4484651
No, show some compassion. He/she will learn from the good you do.

>> No.4484670

fraternally, right?

>> No.4484673

I love myself. That's all the love I need.

Keep your gayness to yourself.

>> No.4484674

>>4484670
deeper than that. But just without the sex.

>> No.4484680

>>4484674

But then it doesn't mean anything. If you claim to love every faggot on this board then obviously your love doesn't count for anything. Why should it make me feel any better about myself?

Oh great, I'm loved by the git who thinks the gentleman on /sci/ are worthwhile human beings.

>> No.4484678

>>4484673
There's nothing gay about it.

>> No.4484698

Why don't you just forget about love.

Your loneliness is just a mental state of being that your little brain is not capable of overcoming.

Your hand is the only thing you will ever need. Women are a waste of time.

I say this to you as a gay guy. I have a boyfriend but I would be fine on my own. You need to develop the assberger line of thinking. It will do wonders for you academically and professionally.

>> No.4484714

>>4484698
>hai gaiz relationships are a waste of time, trust me, you just gotta try to practice being alone while I go enjoy my life with my partner

>> No.4484730
File: 18 KB, 420x317, assburger.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4484698
>assberger

>> No.4484748
File: 26 KB, 342x331, feelsbad1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Because then the elusive sadfrog will go extinct.

>> No.4484786

>>4484714

But what if I said I'd be the same way with or without my partner being there?

It's just glorified sex. And the sex isn't that good because it loses 'new' appeal after a while.

What gives me more of a rush than sex is science and learning about science. It's so fucking fascinating how can you even think about something as trivial as love when you have so little time on this planet to understand and create new sets of theory?

You don't. Get the fuck off /sci/ and get to studying.

>> No.4484806

>>4484786
I've had one relationship before. and if I learned anything from it, it is this. When you have it you feel like you don't need it. If you said this to me a few months ago I would believe you.

But when it's gone you just realize that everything awesome you do is wasted. There is nobody there to give a fuck, and the only things you can do which will have any meaning to anyone is to develop some amazing theory of everything so that you will always be remembered.
But how can you go on attempting that when there is no guarantee it will happen. I may very well end up wasting my life trying, and then I will die without ever having made a difference in this world.

It's easy to aspire to that goal when you already are making a difference in someone's life, because you feel you have a cushion, even if you fail at your ultimate goal, at least you had SOMETHING, it makes it easier to try.

>> No.4484828

>>4484806

I give a fuck. The scientific community gives a fuck. Your peers give a fuck. Your professors and mentors give a fuck.

What are you talking about? Just because some girl or guy doesn't understand your brilliance doesn't mean all hope is lost and you need to get all depressive.

My ultimate goal is to succeed where my partner failed. I don't really make a difference in his life. You could argue that he is making a difference in my life by giving me motivation to go far, but I had that in me way before him and will have it way after him (should that time come).

>> No.4484826

>>4484786

>But what if I said I'd be the same way with or without my food being there?

>It's just glorified nutrition. And the nutrition isn't that good because it loses 'new' appeal after you stop being hungry.

>What gives me more of a rush than food is science and learning about science. It's so fucking fascinating how can you even think about something as trivial as food when you have so little time on this planet to understand and create new sets of theory?

>You don't. Get the fuck out of Africa and get to studying.

>> No.4484832
File: 196 KB, 1078x719, 1326457980997 - Copy - Copy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4484730

>> No.4484844

This thread is like that awkward group of kids that always hung out together because they were shunned by everyone else.

The unlovable ones.

>> No.4484850

>>4484826
>native Africans on /sci/

Really, you have no excuse. Get off /sci/ and go study to better yourself and better the rest of the world. Love is for weak people who can't do just that.

>> No.4484859

>>4484828
Don't think I'm a stranger to that way of thinking.

Physics was my first and the truest love I will ever have. I've spent my whole life feeling like I didn't need friends or relationships because I was doing something more worthwhile than most people could ever possibly understand.

You sound exactly like what me a year ago would by saying to myself today.
But after having a relationship and losing it I'm realizing that they are more amazing and worthwhile than I ever imagined.

>> No.4484874

>>4484859

What are you missing out on by not having a relationship?

I don't understand at all.

Sex, having someone to talk to (that won't understand what you're saying), someone who doesn't actually appreciate what you do and why you are talented at what you do, someone who you can grow old with (and, in the process, end up hating to the very end), and then someone to act as a device that allows you to pass on your genes after you're gone.

What else am I missing? Admittedly, the last one is pretty big. But that's pretty much what all humans are programmed to feel. Maybe that's what triggers this lonely feeling you speak of and maybe that's why I don't feel it.

>> No.4484882

>>4484874

Then why don't you walk the walk and dump your partner.

>> No.4484903

>>4484874

You don't have to have a sexual relationship, but it helps to have a partner. I wish I could find a girl who didn't want to fuck but wanted to cuddle and solve problems and cook together. To be completely honest my current gf wants sex too much and isn't very interesting outside of that. I feel like I'm wasting time.

>> No.4484908

>>4484882

Because of a challenge issued to me on /sci/?

I've thought about it the last 3 weeks but I wouldn't do it over something as trivial as that. Imagine how that'd go.

"Yeah...I'm sorry...we have to break up. /sci/ told me to do it."

It has been more than a year and we are still living apart. We are about as close as two friends would be. It really isn't a functional relationship like you seem to think it is and is something I have considered dumping all together.

But there are things in my life that would be directly wrecked as a result. Like future living arrangements, access to business connections, etc. But you see...this is all 'me me me' and not really thinking about him.

>> No.4484916

>>4484908

So in other words you do need him and would find it inconvenient to pursue your love of science without him.

As expected, you have no argument.

>> No.4484919

>>4484903

You see that's why we can't understand each other.

Women are not like men. I don't know how much I can stress that in one thread alone. They do not want what you want: often the very opposite. This is disadvantageous to you because the probability of you finding someone who is already predispositioned to be your opposite is already staggerlingly low.

I mean..I can understand if you look for that person but not let it directly impact your life. But honestly that doesn't seem to be the case. The loneliness only contributes to the depression, loss of motivation, and forgoing goals.

>> No.4484917
File: 41 KB, 449x327, benStillerDoIt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4484908

>> No.4484926

Most of the people on /sci/ are simply unloveable.

\thread

>> No.4484932

>>4484916

I'd find it inconvenient to find a place near campus to live in in an environment that I can control the most out of my other available options.

I don't need him: I need the fact that I already know this guy and can deal with how he lives compared to being stuck in a dorm paired with a random stranger. My probability of success is higher if I stick to an environment where I have majority control.

My love of science is not, in any way, related to him. He stopped loving science after physics 2. I'm well beyond that. He finds kinematics to be exciting and statics/dynamics [classical] to be riveting. That shit is boring.

I pursue science for the sake of wanting to know how the world works. The physical world works independent of him and even independent of me.

My argument is that he is there but he is not.

>> No.4484958

>>4484932
That's pretty machiavellian, I like it.

>> No.4484964

>>4484932

See, that's just not convincing. Could I do science without my computer? Probably. Would I tell a person without a computer to stop whining because they're not handicapped in the slightest? Of course not, because I don't know what it's like to be in their situation. I sure as hell am not planning to throw mine away, it's useful. So what's to say that my performance would not be greatly hindered without it.

>> No.4484966

>>4484932
Are you new to /sci/?

If not, surely you must know that your views on science being to most important thing are shared by 90% of everyone here, and that we all understand it is far more important than any human relationships.

You are not saying anything new. We all know this, yet ">mfw no gf" threads still pop up every day.
So why don't you take a moment to consider that just maybe you are wrong, and maybe you feel like you don't need a relationship because currently you are in one with a person who cares about you, but who you are superior to.

I can't think of a position that would be more ego/self-esteem boosting than what you currently have.
So quit telling us that we don't need it, and quit lying to yourself.

You won't see it now, but if the day comes when you lose that, and you ask yourself if anyone in this world would truly be sad if you lived or died, and your answer to that question is to your mind without any doubt "no", then you will remember this thread and finally understand what some of us are going through every day.

>> No.4484983

>>4484966

>Implying people go around remembering all the times they were ever wrong on 4chan

>> No.4484985

>>4484983
I do, I was wrong about 3-4 times.

>> No.4485004

>>4484983
>20 years later
"damn... OP was right.... op was right.."

>> No.4485015
File: 105 KB, 400x287, science.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Who needs friends when you've got SCIENCE AW YEAH

>> No.4485154

maybe by the time we're older adults we can legally clone ourselves and raise them as the child we wished we could be, thatd be wonderful.

>> No.4485199

>>4484966

You act like the alternative was never possible.

Do you think I was born into this world with a relationship that I have now? Hell no.

It has been one freaking year out of the 24 I've spent on this planet.

I have 20ish years of experience being alone. I have 1 year experience being with someone.

To me, they are not that different.

I don't see any reason to believe that I don't feel like I need a relationship because I am currently in one.

I have never felt the need for companionship. This is my first relationship. It was an experiment, actually, to see if what you are claiming to be the norm actually holds true for me.

Tada: it doesn't. I may be wrong about the rest of you, but that isn't the case for me.

You act like I have not battled with nihilism prior to this relationship. I have been there. I spent 6 long years debating the merits of life and all the benefits/detriments it brings to the table. I have posted numerous threads on /sci/ regarding nihilism and the importance of life.

I found my answer. So after those 6 long years passed, I emerged and decided to get better: not for someone else or other people but for myself. For the sake of myself. Now I move forward for the sake of myself.

I am saying people in this thread resemble the old me. They need to become enlightened and understand that they can be just as well off as they want if they just get over these bumps in the road.

In a sense, I had my mid-life crisis very early on.

I gain very little by stating I have a partner. So what? Many people do. I am not rubbing it in your face.

What I am trying to get you to see is that you do not need one to be happy. I was happy before. I am still happy after. I would be happy again if I were to lose this.

Is it that hard to understand? This is not some biased point of view you seem to think I have.

>> No.4485202

I don't believe a majority of /sci/ really appreciates science the way I do. I don't believe that they are as studious as I am. I do not believe a majority of /sci/ lives a fulfilling life like I do.

I am an exception but I am sad because of this fact. I wish more of you could break free from your chains and join me. The world would be a better place as a result if /sci/ could just join us and contribute positively to society, leaving their psychological and physiological disorders behind.

THAT is what I really want. I want to be here to encourage people to learn: to show them exactly where they went wrong and to walk them through it step by step. I want to be here to learn about /sci/'s achievements and how they are applying a subject that we all love to better humanity.

My conditions in life are irrelevant to obtain this. I bring them up only to give you encouragement. You can do what I did. You can be what I am. You can exceed what I can do and you can become someone truly worthy of the title 'human being'.

You do not need love to do any of this. In fact, it hampers you.

>> No.4485290

>>4485202
The reason what you are saying bothers me is because I remember thinking exactly that when I had my gf.

The whole situation was kind of fucked up and I won't go into details but there were several guys going after her and I was thinking why, can't they just be happy alone, I know that's how I used to be, she's not even that great.
I broke up with her because I felt exactly like you are describing now, and a few other reasons.

and don't tell me I don't see science the way you do, you have no fucking idea what it means to me, and how beautiful it is in my eyes.

All I am seeing from you is a guy who's view is almost exactly like mine before the relationship ended.
So from how I see it, I have had your experience and mindset, PLUS the experience of it ending which you have not... so who's word should we be taking here? believe me it changes things.

and I think you are misunderstanding. Logically you are right, I know that, I've known that my whole life is what I was saying, you aren't telling me anything new whatsoever.
But in reality, the way it feels, the way it fucks with your mind and gives you a mental block on thinking about anything else is very real.
It's not a CHOICE, it just happens, you can't stop it. It's like all your energy is just gone and you don't even feel the same in your own mind anymore.

fuck you for telling me you know better than I do and you love science more than I do.

>> No.4485324

>>4485202
I'm off to bed but I just wanted to say fuck you one last time.

If there's any justice in this universe you'll grow old and die alone knowing that nobody even gives a damn that you are gone, and at least one person would be happy to hear the news.

>> No.4486915

>>4485324

Bahaha I knew you were still looking at this thread.

And I bet you'll even find this response.