[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 302 KB, 600x475, Jobs-Ritchie.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4343075 No.4343075 [Reply] [Original]

After an investment for many years living as a "SLAVE" to college and study while people in other careers just don’t give a fuck because they know they are going to pass no matter what and have fun with their friends every weekend by just not giving a fuck about their studies.

If engineers, mathematicians and physicians have been training during years in understanding complex theorems after investing all this time at developing methodical & analytical thinking, rigorous demonstration, sense of the accuracy, acceptable approximation the objective numerical measurement propensity, high tolerance to frustration and many other qualities developed thanks to the huge amount of math seen in college which other careers just do not develop

After all this I just have a single question

Why the fuck aren’t engineers, mathematicians and physicians leading the country, being the CEOs of big enterprises or at least being the ones taking the important decisions in the governments and even worst why are we usually seen as the scumbags of the earth when it is our creed the one who has been developing all the shiny gadgets software and technology pushing and improving quality life of humankind around the world mostly without being recognized?

Pic related

>> No.4343089

Have you ever watched one of the House of Congress discuss something on C-Span? They are borderline retarded. A healthy, logical thought process would helplessly cripple a man in such an environment.

>> No.4343096

The reason is that many have a kind of "fuck y'all, I am going to do what I think is interesting" and politics is not very interesting to most of them. Politics, while it should be informed by science and engineering, is not science nor engineering. It is largely a method of manipulating people through often not very logical arguments [how many political speeches are just giant appeals to emotion that are actually counter to the actual data?]from eatedEE

>> No.4343113

Because there is democracy, where the 'nicest-looking with great speeches' guy always wins.

You think people even care? There is far more truth about MEngs being 'the guys that love cars' that I'd like to admit.

People that finish engineering/maths/physics should already know that the average Joe is borderline retarded.

>> No.4343125

>>4343113
There is far more truth about MEngs being taken by most people as 'the guys that love cars' that I'd like to admit*

Also - most people are driven by emotions, not by logic. And logic is what people in sciences thrive, while disregarding emotions - thus very few truly smart people in politics.

>> No.4343127

without computers there is no C, without integrated circuits there is no computers, without transistors there is no integrated circuits and so on

>> No.4343137

Because most scientists and engineers don't give a fuck about running stuff and just want to do their thing. They also tend to not have very good people skills.

>> No.4343147

>>4343127
but the guy who made transistors didnt die in the same week as the retarded homeopathic using steve.

>> No.4343152

Generally the guy who delivers the final products gets more credit than the people who build methods for solving problems. This has always happened in the history of mathematics for example

>> No.4343159

What would happen if we have someone with a highly technical and scientific formation that actually develops his social skills?

Could he theorically become the master race to rule them all ?

>> No.4343163

>>4343159
wat, there are alot of people like that you know.

>> No.4343182

Scientific knowledge is terribly overrated here even for a science board

>> No.4343187

Don't worry OP.

In a 100 years do you think the iPad is going to still be around? It will certainly be replaced by something better. Steve jobs only gets a small place in time where he is praised.

But, 100 years from now Dennis will still be remembered. Either because C is still dominant, or just as likely because something replaces C but C is still a part of computer history, and that will never change.

That's the trade off.
The people who develop things that aren't of DIRECT importance to the everyday person but their contributions fuel the things that they take for granted, are usually never heard of in their time. But they live on forever in history.

>> No.4343200

The simple fact is that that 90 of people are just average. And it is a fact that average people tend to dislike smarter people, so there are some manipulative politicians who play average joe role to get the positions, other politicians are dumb. Intelligent people should have to play dumb to get the votes and it's not their way of doing things.

>> No.4343207

>>4343187
I guess Einstein and Galilei were some kings even when they were still alive.

And also I guess morning for Steve Jobs was something dumbfucks and Hipsters did.

When Bill Gates will die there will be fewer morning (to the most part just to troll applefags)

And when Linus Thorvalds will die there will be no morning at all despite by the people who are the top 0,01% at nerdolympic nerdathlon.

>> No.4343220
File: 15 KB, 400x320, 1325014329450.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>>> 美国人民
>>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hu_Jintao
Technocracy at its best, just look at their administration.

>> No.4343224
File: 3 KB, 472x244, konzepte_html_4d01c1e1.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4343200
90%, right? You seem to belong to them.

>> No.4343229

>>4343207
You are fixating on the praise people get while they are alive and how sad people will in the few days following their deaths.

I was talking about the bigger picture. It's just common sense, people who contribute to the foundations of something will obviously be remembered for as long as those are still the foundations or history of something that is still in use or still studied.

People who just use that to make some little branch won't be remembered nearly as fondly years after their death.

100 years from now, do you honestly think many people still know the name steve jobbs? Do you think there will be any merit whatsoever to studying his devices in any computer science classes?

Now, do you think there will be merit to studying the C programming language 100 years from now?
You bet your ass there will.

>> No.4343230

>>4343224
yep, I'm in majority, but I understand that only intelligent people should be behind the wheel of human race. Of course intelligence doesn't automatically guarantee good ethics, but there's higher chance.

>> No.4343232

>>4343220

Mei guo ren something

Americans something?

What does that say?