[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 111 KB, 333x499, land785.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4312773 No.4312773 [Reply] [Original]

Any of you out there pharmacists, know about medicine, or whatnot?
I've been sick for two weeks, unknowing to what was wrong, until I realized it was all because I was taking my Effexor every other day to come off it. Which was a bad fucking idea, because I now have *all* these withdrawal side effects, and scared in going to deal with the serious ones.
Has anyone else dealt with withdrawal this bad? Effexor is known for having the worst side effects. Can I do anything to ease this?

>> No.4312775

take some opiates

>> No.4312783

>>4312775
Friend is making weed brownies for me this weekend.. Will that help at all?

>> No.4314537

Why is this still here, and nobody has any advice? :/

>> No.4316194
File: 128 KB, 333x500, greatScott.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've read up in the Merrick manual and some less-reliable places about Effexor / venlafaxine. I can say with about as much confidence as an anonymous can muster: *NO* doctor nor pharmacist would've told you to alternate days for coming off venlafaxine.

Omitting it completely will shock your system, and taking it the next day means your body won't even start to compensate for the shock... and then you omit it the next day which shocks your system AGAIN... there's a proper way to come off it, but I'm not going to mention it here because you'll be tempted to follow the advice of an Anonymous instead of what you should've done in the first place: GET ADVICE FROM A DOCTOR, don't try to self-diagnose and self-prescribe something you need venlafaxine for. That's like deciding your fever's gone down, so you won't bother with the rest of the anti-biotics treatment.

It's tempting for people suffering from (for example) anxiety attacks to take control of their lives by altering their own medicine. This is a bad idea because you will be tempted to do things you don't fully understand, and you've already discovered that it hurts.

TL;DR When you want to come off of a long-term medicine regimen, only do it on a doctor's advice.

>> No.4316200

meth should do it

>> No.4316206

Nothing you can do to ease it, cept say alcohol to keep your mind off it.
I felt terrible for about three weeks after stopping cymbalta.
constantly felt dizzy and like I was going to throw up

>> No.4316212

Effexor user here; I tried skipping days to save money. Bad fucking idea; I got the nightmares and the brainzaps.

Go back to taking it daily.

BTW, Effexor is not addictive. Withdrawl's a bitch, sure, but you don't need more of it as time goes on, and your body doesn't develop a dependence on it. It's more like a cast: something you can use to lean on until the bones heal, and then you can take off the cast. But if you try to take off the cast and walk on a broken foot before it's healed, well, you're kinda fucked and you'll have to get a new cast and wear it for even longer.

>> No.4316231
File: 11 KB, 424x288, vladimir_putin_cant_believe_its_not_butter.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> take some opiates
No. Depressants will do the opposite of helping.
> weed brownies help?
Not really; you'll just have layers of effects.
> meth should do it
ha ha ha fuck you ha ha ha
> alcohol to keep your mind off it
Depressants again. No.

>> No.4316237

>>4316231
>He thinks depressants have anything to do with depression
>laughingwhores.jpg

>> No.4316272

>>4316237
> Thinks that Effexor is only used to treat depression.

>> No.4316289

>>4316237

You don't take depressants when you're dealing with withdrawal symptoms, numbnuts. That will slow down your metabolism and thus your body's ability to adapt to the new chemistry.