[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 46 KB, 446x388, 1298686696728.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4302635 No.4302635[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

This is thanksgiving for God, and the Christ, through which we have eternal life on earth. This is thanksgiving for the revelation you have given me regarding Christ and eternal life. Through the body of Christ, which I will clarify as any body whom believes he has a spirit, we will live on forever through God here on earth. This is why you see past and future lives if you are gifted to do so, like many other intuitive gifts. This is thanksgiving for eternal life, and the advancement of the body of Christ for ever and ever.

Here's to improving one's body and mind through the spirit, and to become in the likening of the spirit. Here's to being made by the spirit, for the spirit. Here's to being secure. Here's to being strong. Here's to doing everything you do with the infinite fullness of God.

Here's to destroying the misconceptions regarding spirituality. Here's to showing that we are sons of God. Here's to the body that houses the spirit. Here's to truly understanding. Here's to experiencing.

Thank you God for being in control and guiding us forthright. Thank you God for allowing us to watch you work and showing us that more people are seeking you. Thank you God for hope. Thank you God for advancement. Thank you God for relieving the rift between the peoples. Thank you God for the abundant love everywhere I go. Thank you God for allowing me to love others as I love my self.

This is thanksgiving and it is for for the advancement of the body of Christ for ever and ever. In Jesus name, Amen.

>> No.4302641
File: 26 KB, 300x300, 1289417261462.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

nigger-faggot.

>> No.4302651

That's a nice sentiment.

>> No.4302657

>>4302641
I appreciate your humor, though unfounded through ignorance.

>> No.4302663
File: 246 KB, 467x356, 13635649.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4302657
perhaps i didnt make myself clear...
GET THE FUCKING FUCK OFF MY BOARD YOU RETARDED RELIGIOUS PIECE OF SHIT!

>> No.4302681

>>4302663
Now now, just because they are religious doesn't mean they're a piece of shit. They are just emotionally at a point where they need the assurance that someone is always watching them in order for them to behave properly within society. And in order to feel validated they need an imagined supporter, probably because of a lack of actual support, which may or may not be their fault.
This is a typical state for people, especially in America where the concepts of societal interaction are not usually made clear in school.

>> No.4302689

>>4302663
This is real humor. I love you and will share this board with you. I'm just planting some seeds. OP's pic seriously is mfw. I'd appreciate you being more tolerant, because not only am I tolerant of you, I am still loving you. I treat you with respect, while you insult. I see you in the future, and it is good.

>> No.4302695
File: 46 KB, 640x480, 1305159887374.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.4302712

>>4302689
Actually while the sentiment is usually appreciated, the fact the cause of your sentiment is packed with the baggage of religion is what turns people off.
There's nothing wrong with optimism or appreciation or brotherhood, but when it stems from religion the inescapable facts of the history and writings taints all those positive attributes - especially when there are other, better ways to develop those emotional ties.

>> No.4302741
File: 11 KB, 338x262, reported3.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.4302791

>>4302712
To dismiss it because of that is ignorant. The Christian religion is simply the worship of the body that houses the spirit, and the worship of the perfect unity between God and Man. It tells of being reborn on this earth because you believe you are a body with a spirit. It tells of the body of Christ (and we could call it differently, but why fix what is not broken except by ignorance and hate of the beholder?) progressing forever and ever. The infinity within is manifesting itself on the outside. Do not be bound by doubt and hate, and do believe me, but dont believe me. Believe the authority within you, that which God is bringing out.

>> No.4302825

>>4302791
And those are okay sentiments to have, but they are coupled with centuries of oppression, destruction, ignorance, fear, and prejudice.
Not to mention internal inconsistencies within the texts regarding the nature of morality, the god itself, the values, and the history.
Plus there is the dogmatic adherence to ideals that no longer apply to society as a whole. The commandments are useless as a guide toward a moral law, and the rules and regulations of worship with their corresponding punishments are wildly ignored.
And remember, it's not the sentiment that's being ignored wholesale. Society does find those same emotional opportunities, just in different places because the society itself has mostly evolved beyond the need for adherence to ancient superstitions regarding the universe, especially when those superstitions are categorically falsified by our investigation of the cosmos.
Sentiment good; religious baggage bad.