[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 75 KB, 645x626, 820422_700b_v1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4287342 No.4287342 [Reply] [Original]

You probably know much more about this than /adv/.
Gonna start the university (a polytechnic actually). I am really interested in robotics, both from an hardware and software point of view. I can get into it both from Computer Science and from Microengineering ( which is actually the bachelor degree, consider it like micromechatronics and then specialize in robotics at the master level).

Going through Computer Science will give me a strong background of computation and programming skill but almost nothing (besides maybe labs) on the "hardware side".

Microengineering (as I said, regardless the name it is actually mechatronics) will give me the opportunity to do things in a more balanced way, you get both mechanics, electronics and computer science but what I would like to know is if with a bachelor degree in this microengineering and a master degree in robotics I can actually be able to be hired for AI, machine learning (so mostly the software side).

In other words, mechatronics gives you the chance to know a wider range of stuff so one could think that it also allows to find in a easier way a job because you are more elastic, my question is: is that really true? I mean, if as a mechatronic I decide to focus on software do I really have a chance against an hypothetical dude that from the beginning decided computer science and did it along both bachelor and master?
This elasticity is really appreciated or it is just sort of a myth?

>> No.4287363

So you want to work on artificial intelligence, right?
If you're the achitypical scientist, take a path that has artificial neural networking. If you want security for the future, or want to produce AI's for simpler applications, take CS.

>> No.4287387

>polytechnic

Might aswell sign on bro

>> No.4287396

>>4287363
alright, and about
>In other words, mechatronics gives you the chance to know a >wider range of stuff so one could think that it also allows to find in >a easier way a job because you are more elastic, my question is: >is that really true? I mean, if as a mechatronic I decide to focus >on software do I really have a chance against an hypothetical >dude that from the beginning decided computer science and did it >along both bachelor and master?
>This elasticity is really appreciated or it is just sort of a myth?

anybody knows something about that?

>> No.4287400

>>4287396

ok, that quote was pretty bad.

>> No.4287421
File: 1.48 MB, 320x181, gtfo.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>9gag

>> No.4287430

>>4287396
Read the curricula of both. Make a decision based on how interesting the courses look.

TBH, i have no idea. You'll learn assembly language at both courses, but i guess CS will teach you alot more about efficiency, security and all the things that come with complex information systems.

Read the curricula. Curriculums.