[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 21 KB, 318x318, skynet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4283453 No.4283453 [Reply] [Original]

Let's say you were building a system that the people of an entire nation will come to depend on in the future. Employment, finances, utilities, infrastructure, security, healthcare, businesses, military - all of those things would be tied to one unified system that does much more for the people than anything else in the nations history; would you plant a "timebomb" of some sort that would completely ruin that system and thereby send the nation into chaos?

I'm very tempted to do just that

>> No.4283455

Inurdaes bugged me enough to post that you're a terrible person if you've considered doing such a thing. That is all.

Also, terrible designer if you didn't make it decentralized as all fuck

>> No.4283456

>>4283453

Not one thing would need to be done to ruin a system so ridiculous and silly. It will collapse on its own quite quickly.

There are no spoilers on this board, and /thread.

>> No.4283459

>>4283455
Smaller specialized systems built on the same information system architecture connected to a central system with executive authority that moderates all the others. "Timebomb" in mind is complete erasure of all logs as well as the various a.i.'s built up tracking patterns.

I know I'd be a horrible, horrible, horrible piece of filth masquerading as a human being if I did do it but this is as close to as I can get to being a mad scientist.

>> No.4283460

>>4283453

>mployment, finances, utilities, infrastructure, security, healthcare, businesses, military - all of those things would be tied to one unified system

sounds like fucking communism

fucking faggot