[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 33 KB, 307x320, Edam Cheese.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4268645 No.4268645 [Reply] [Original]

Is there a scientific reason as to why I enjoy cheese and milk so much?

>> No.4268651
File: 10 KB, 200x284, 200px-Sigmund_Freud_LIFE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It reminds you of sucking on your mother's tits

>> No.4268654

Yes. I don't know what it is, and I doubt many do, but there's always a scientific reason for everything. EVERYTHING.

Please remember this.

>> No.4268667

A great deal of what is attributed to our taste is by what your mother ate while you were in the womb. This allows the baby to favor foods in that environment more which in return provides a greater chance for survival.

>> No.4268677

>>4268654
Nice faith bro

>> No.4268688
File: 295 KB, 561x442, avatarposter.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4268645
My thoughts:

It's likely because both are rich in fat and protein. Humans LOVE fat and protein for the same reason that predatory lizards love egg yolk and waxworms- it's an easy to acquire source that's rich in nutrients that are otherwise difficult to acquire.

The there are also sugars in the milk and complex flavors that can come from certain cheeses.

So we have the obvious: they're delicious
And we have the scientific: they're nutrient rich foods

There's the added fun that you need a mutation in order to enjoy them.

>> No.4268776

>>4268645
Your tongue consists of
Sweet, sour, bitter, salty, and Umami

Umami is the taste of Gluten, L-glutimate, and MSG.
MSG being the "hitler" of the three, Gluten being the Winston churchhill and l-glutimate being the Roosevelt.

Your body especially likes sweet, salty, and umami flavors -- occasionally with some bitterness thrown in. Cheese combines all of these flavors, as well as milk. (milk has lactose, a type of sugar, and plenty of fats which are high in glutimates.)

>> No.4268804

>fat is highly concentrated in calories and you need calories
>also protein is necessary and is calories
>theres nothing carcinogenic or poison in cheese
>therefore it would make evolutionary sense for your brain to have a positive response to the substance when eaten