[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 148 KB, 900x1350, PWG model_0011S.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4263712 No.4263712 [Reply] [Original]

[spoiler]I was wondering if /sci/ ever stoped to think of human augmentation that can *currently* be accessible to civilians.
The first thing that comes to mind and that *might* be possible is improving a humans electrical resistance, as well as perhaps an installed (safer) current path installed within the body that avoids (minimizes) internal damage.
My first abstract thoughts were a layer of silicone under the epidermis of the torso and wiring or plating through the arms and legs, attached to heavily insulated current paths in the torso that divert as far as possible from delicate organs.
Pic related, its how we currently deal with it.
inb4 singularity</spoiler>

>> No.4263722

[spoiler]>>4263712
Sounds impractical. The risk of infection with implants(especially metal ones!) is pretty damn high.

Also, removing a melted current path in from inside a human might be difficult.

Are suits like that not human augmentations already?</spoiler>

>> No.4263725

[spoiler]Not sure why anybody would want that unless their job was messing with unsafe electrical gear all day every day</spoiler>

>> No.4263734

[spoiler]Robats
<<</r9k/</spoiler>

>> No.4263736

[spoiler]Replacing an eye with a camera so that you can take photos any time you feel the urge.
I often find myself wishing I had something like this, although it wouldn't be worth losing an eye</spoiler>

>> No.4264552

[spoiler]Way too high risk of infection. Either you take immunosuppressing drugs to deal with the shit you put into yourself and die from infection, or you don't and you die from the immune response.</spoiler>

>> No.4264560

[spoiler]also, your whole body works via electrical signals. Reducing that is not a good plan at all.</spoiler>

>> No.4266391

[spoiler]\footnote(marker){(DFW4lyf)}</spoiler>

>> No.4266396

<span class="math">\footnote(marker){(DFW4lyf)}</spoiler>

>> No.4266407

<span class="math">\alpha</spoiler>