[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 51 KB, 496x384, 1326175125331.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4255179 No.4255179 [Reply] [Original]

Fellow /sci/entists, come and deliberate a little while:

I have had issues with panic, and anxiety in general, for several years. At 23, nearly earned a BA, working a full-time job, resetting the tracks of my life to get that dream career in academia, I hold in my hand a bottle of 50mg sertraline. I have been wavering on taking meds for a while. I can't quite grasp it, but I fear that by gambling the side-effects for a little emotional stability it will cost me something else very personal. Have any of you been in this situation?

Really close to flushing the pills down the toilet. Or this panic-induced mood swing?

>> No.4255198

Why do you get antidepressants for panic attacks?
I would start with benzodiazepines instead. AFAIC they are less addictive and have less possible negative effects.

>> No.4255214

If you can live without em, live without em.

If you suffer and want to change something, take them.

It's all about pros and cons.

>> No.4255261

Maybe you are 'Wanted' (2008)

>> No.4255306

>>4255179
doctors aren't conspiracy when giving you pills.
You tell them a problem you have, and they know the answer due to years and years of studying the effects of medication on the body and the mechanisms of the body.
If you have a problem, and you asked a doctor about it, and they gave you pills, they should be trusted.
Try seeing how you feel about them AFTER you've taken them.
Emotions can be controlled by sane people.
If you can´t control them, but want to, you do need these pills.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_serotonin_reuptake_inhibitor
The wikipedia page gives no alarm bells, either.
You should take them.

>> No.4255354

>>4255306

OK!