[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 91 KB, 468x615, sniffer-dog+handler..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4206771 No.4206771 [Reply] [Original]

so /sci/
you know that typical scene in a movie where a guy has to hide the drugs from the approching police with sniffer dogs.
i was thinking if you store the drugs in a box and suck all the air out creating a vacuum and put the lid back on. will the dog be able to sniff it out. assuming you have got none of the drugs on your clothes and you are totally clean?

>> No.4206777

If the box is airtight, then why bother creating a vacuum?

>> No.4206782

>>4206771
Good luck trying to make sure you don't get any of the drugs on anything else on your person or on your belongings or on the outside of said box.

Do not underestimate sniffer dogs, they're seriously good at what they do.

>> No.4206785

you don't get something like an airtight box. some molecules leak out. unless you go for a massif 6m thick tungsten box. but that may be hard to get onlo a plain.

>> No.4206788

>suck all the air out creating a vacuum and put the lid back on
>put the lid back on
I guess I'll just assume that you want to know if a dog can smell drugs in space. So long as the drug doesn't excrete anything into the air, then there will be nothing for the dog to smell.

>If I'm wrong, please correct me

>> No.4206789
File: 68 KB, 250x274, columboconsiderthis.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4206771
Experiments are the best way to prove your theory. Go for it!

Seriously: what is the difference with or without vacuüm? Considering you are totally clean and no drugs on the box, only in. + perfectly closed lid.

>> No.4206796

A vacuum-sealed canister of a controlled substance that drug or explosive dogs are trained to detect would ensure it goes undetected. The important thing is doing it properly, namely if you're trying to smuggle 300 pounds of crystal methamphetamine in an airtight container, you best be absolutely sure there isn't a single molecule sitting on your clothing/hair/skin/etc

>> No.4206801

>>4206796
this

>> No.4206856

>>4206796
In Mr. Nice he describes the process they go through to get tonnes of hash from Pakistan into America and Europe passed dogs. Basically, you seal it airtight but you have three different sets of people doing it, one set for actually touching the stuff and the last set never actually contact any weed

>> No.4206872

>>4206856
Yeah, that's how you'll have to do it.

I wonder if there is any noticeable difference from "vacuum" weed (for 48 hours) and "atmospheric pressure 1" weed.... anyone know?

>> No.4206902

1. Pretend to be blind.
2. Hide drugs up "guide dog's" bottom.
3. Sniffer dog sniffs your dog's bottom but it doesn't look suspicious.
4. Get home and smoke the dog.

>> No.4206930

>>4206902
Only problem is that the sniffing dog will signal that there are drugs present to the officer. Bomb dogs sit down and remain perfectly still. I'm not sure if drug dogs do the same thing, but they probably do something very similar.

>> No.4207268

maybe pack your goods in a metal box. Seal it. then hit it with a flame thrower. Then bury it for 2 months.. then hit it was flames, then cover it it with some orange juice Let it dry then put it in your pocket. all molecules will be gone.

>> No.4207278
File: 18 KB, 366x380, ohshitnigger.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4206796
>>4206801
samefag. Also mfw
>crystal methamphetamine

>> No.4207327

>>4207268
Won't that make a dent in the box?

>> No.4207419

>>4207278

Actually it wasn't.

And what's your issue with the phrase "crystal methamphetamine"? It describes the chemical substance methamphetamine that has entered into a crystallized form. It's just referring to the crystallinity of the substance.

Unless you're referring to the fact that sending 300 pounds of it on a plane would be a dangerous idea, in which case that was exactly the point. Drug trafficking is always a dangerous idea; that's why it's so ludicrously profitable.

>> No.4207878

Actually drug detecting dogs have been shown under scientific conditions (there's a really good article on it in a peer-reviewed journal, cant remember it atm but if someone really wants it ill get it next time im at work) showing that the dogs themselves are shitty at detection and it's the subconcious cues from the handler that prompts the dog to give a suspicion clue.
tl;dr dogs are fake, it's just human stereotyping, the dogs just give them an assumed excuse to illegally search you.

>> No.4207883

>>4207878
Probable cause is legally accounted for.

OP, the dogs usually smell residue on the outside of the container, not leakage from within the container itself.