[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 24 KB, 495x685, XdBhX.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4202599 No.4202599 [Reply] [Original]

/sci/ I'm an EE and I'm going to be taking a Special Relativity class this next quarter because it was listed as a support class that I could take. I love physics but I was wondering whether or not special relativity is at all relevant to electrical engineering especially since I'll probably be doing some type of RF or communications focus

>> No.4202611 [DELETED] 
File: 85 KB, 650x1001, cutey_Emma_aufauf.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Depending on how it's introduced, it will help you do undestand Maxwell equations a little better, but it will not have any practical implications. I guess.

>> No.4202615
File: 1.94 MB, 831x1139, cutey_Emma_coolblack.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Depending on how it's introduced, it will help you to undestand the Maxwell equations a little better, but it will not have any practical implications. I guess.

>> No.4202618

It would only help if you intend to design aerospace vehicles, and even then its uses will be tenuous; it's all on paper.

>> No.4202620

>I was wondering whether or not special relativity is at all relevant to electrical engineering
No.

>> No.4202835

answer is zero because current mirror fuckup. source bottom left wrong polarity. easy exams you have there.

>> No.4202841

Nope. EE here, focusing on communications. Do it if you want to, but you won't be picking up anything you'll use.

>> No.4202864

No physical relevance to your course (as everyone else has said) but SR is interesting as fuck. I remember it being easily the most mind-bending and interesting subject in high school and that was total entry-level stuff. If you love physics definitely do it!