[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 315 KB, 1943x2479, Poster in Progress 2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4191328 No.4191328 [Reply] [Original]

‘Sup, /sci/?
I need your help.

I’m a graphic-designer that’s currently working on a poster and I could use your input.

Basically the idea for this poster, if you couldn’t already tell, is that I’m making a chart of original warning-signs (in the style of things like OSHA and their standardized system of signs for occupational hazards) that are intended for a work-environment in some sort of science-fiction setting where people are dealing with research/experimentation with topics in Fringe Science (you know, Quantum Physics, Psyionics, Time-Travel, Nanotechnology, Cybernetics, Artificial Intelligence, etc.).
If it makes it any simpler, think of it like I’m designing a set of warning-signs that would be implemented in fictional places like the places where experiments are conducted in shows like Fringe, Warehouse 13, etc.

What I need from you guys is ideas for additional Fringe Science-related hazards I can make signs for.
Also, not that I need it, but if a glyph/pictogram I can make comes to mind to represent whatever science-fictional hazard you come up with, feel free to suggest that, too.
Use that imagination of yours. I’m open to any and all suggestions.

Keep in mind the example I’m showing you now is a ROUGH DRAFT and a WORK IN PROGRESS.
This shit is not done yet, so please, before ya’ judge keep that in mind.

Thanks in advance for any contributions, /sci/.

>> No.4191347

Something about the zerg, also cascade ressonance whatevers from halflife. Also Sayid from lost warning that he does not know how long the batteries will last.

>> No.4191568

Bump!

>> No.4191610

I like this idea. Maybe take this to the Skeptic's Guide to the Universe forums, or somewhere else more skepticism-focused.

>> No.4191680

>>4191610
>the Skeptic's Guide to the Universe forums
Is that an image-board?
Which of their boards should I go to for help with this?

>> No.4191724

Spaghettification Hazard
Molecular or Nuclear De-cohesion
Alternate timelines
Multiple universes
No time dimension ahead
etc.

>> No.4191750

There's a famous one used in Doctor Who a lot, something like reversing the polarity of the neutron flux or some bullshit.

>> No.4192062

>>4191724
These are awesome suggestions.

I was actually working on a Spaghettification one was we speak.

Can anyone here give me a basic explanation of "Molecular or Nuclear De-cohesion" so I can come up with a Pictiogram for it?
It's the only thing on your list I haven't heard of yet.

>> No.4192593

>>4192062
From Wikipedia:
>Cohesion (n. lat. cohaerere "stick or stay together") or cohesive attraction or cohesive force is the action or property of like molecules sticking together, being mutually attractive.

I could stay up all night coming up with these. But its 3 am and I'm tired. Good look with your poster :)

>> No.4192593,1 [INTERNAL] 

I am a big fan of your work you did here. Though, some of them I have a hard time with, I would like to talk to you.

>> No.4192593,3 [INTERNAL] 

thanks but no thanks, I was more kind of thinking about the words you used in these hazard symbols, some of them I can't find on the internet, maybe you could give me the definitions of some of the hazard symbols

>> No.4192593,4 [INTERNAL] 

Hello, are you going to comment back, I just want to know what the definitions of certain hazard symbols are, but because there is only supposed to be 40 lines in a comment, I will make separate lists for you.
P.S. when I click on the image icon of your ruff draft, it just says 404 file not found, what can I do
P.P.S. you sure do have a lot of intelligent beings in your newest one, you could have just summed it all up in 1 hazard that involved the word or words intelligent, sentient or sapient, but that's just me

>> No.4192593,5 [INTERNAL] 

note: in this list most of the hazards might be in your newest one, you know, the one with 168 hazards. the list starts here, de Broglie Wave-Particles, Molecular and Nuclear Decohesion, Retrograde Temporal Particles, Mathematically Randomized Dangers(does the name speak for it self?), Inter-Object Damage-Transferal(is it like a voodoo doll?), Gravity Anchor, Perceptual Hazard(that's, not, sci-fi), Lightning-Strike Targeting Weapon, Optical Hazards(like the eye, or as in optics, because that's what it looks like), Visual Logic Misrepresentation, Raw Bio-Organic Material, Material Fusion Hazard, Irrelevant Time frame(a time frame like 2016.67, or 1989 1/2), Time-Wall, Infinite Causality Loop(time loop?), Object Without Determinate Temporal Origin, Reality Divergence Point, Time Compression, Self-Canceling Event Hazard, Dream Layer Descent(inception), Unstable Dream Environment, Compound Dreaming, Dream Architecture Indistinguishable from Reality, Anti-Information Material, Psychic Contamination(like toxins, you know, negative energies and thoughts in peoples minds), and last but least, Metafictional Device(that's, not, sci-fi).

>> No.4192593,7 [INTERNAL] 

1: I'm 14 years old and don't have own a business, I just want to know the definitions because I'm a huge fan of science fiction.

2, you need to sign in to the article, and it doesn't look like it might help, its just how to set up a business, which is not what I want to do right now.

and 3, how hard is this supposed to be, I just want to know the definition of that word list above, just why is this so hard.

>> No.4192593,8 [INTERNAL] 

I would like to talk to the creator of this poster please.