[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 9 KB, 480x267, Tru-Tone-Covers.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4094021 No.4094021 [Reply] [Original]

http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina44.htm
>Machina Dynamica's Tru-Tone Duplex Covers are special audiophile-grade covers for all duplex wall outlets; they are intended to replace all types of duplex covers - steel, plastic, wood, etc. - in the listening room -- including non-audio outlets and unused outlets. While one or two Tru-Tone Covers can make a significant improvement to the sound, 3-4 Duplex Covers in the room can yield tremendous results. Tru-Tone Duplex Covers produce a remarkable degree of focus, fullness, detail and presence.

Any physics guys out there? reckon this will help my room acoustics? I'm hoping it will bring out the mids a tiny bit with frequencies and shit

>> No.4094028

how the fuck would that even work?

>> No.4094033

http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina42.htm

scientific explanation for the clock, not sure how legit

>> No.4094042

Stupidest shit I have ever seen and I do biology

>> No.4094051

>audiophile

I heard that these kind of guys would pay so much money for bullshit items.

>> No.4094054
File: 28 KB, 510x342, mikro pebbles.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I knew I would find a good time for this image

What the heck is it? Brilliant Pebbles is a unique and comprehensive system for tuning the room and audio system based on special physical properties of highly symmetrical crystal structures. Brilliant Pebbles has been evolving since its introduction 6 years ago at the London HI Fi Show, especially the number of applications, many of which were discovered by our customers. Brilliant Pebbles addresses specific resonance control and RFI/EMI absorption problems associated with audio electronics, speakers and cables, as well as acoustic wave problems associated with the listening room boundaries and the 3-dimensional space within the boundaries. Brilliant Pebbles comprises a number of precious and semi-precious stones (crystals) selected for their effectiveness. The original glass bottles for Brilliant Pebbles have been replaced by clear zip lock bags, which have a more linear response than glass. We employ a number of highly-specialized, proprietary techniques in the preparation/assembly of Brilliant Pebbles to enhance the crystals' inherent characteristics. The fundamental operating principle of Brilliant Pebbles involves a number of atomic mechanisms in the crystals.

>> No.4094056

Selling bullshit ideas should be considered a crime against humanity.

>> No.4094068
File: 16 KB, 255x253, siltech_emperor_crown_ssp005am_2.5m.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

STOP FUCKING AROUND -- OP, if you aren't using $40000 audio cables then you don't exist to me.

>> No.4094089

>>4094068
>$40k
you are joking?

>> No.4094092

>>4094089
as in "does that even exist?"

>> No.4094098

>>4094033
>Let's say a recording was made of a live performance of Götterdämmerung with the Berliner Philharmoniker on July 21, 1930 between 12 Noon and 5 PM. During the performance the actual time coordinates of what was then Present Time - a unique time coordinate for each instant of the performance - are somehow captured on the recording along with the acoustic information of the musical instruments and singers.

>When the recording of Götterdämmerung is played at some point in the future - say, one day in 2010 - the stream of time coordinates from July 21, 1930 is projected into the listening room by the speakers along along with the acoustic information. The two out-of-synch streams of time coordinates - the Past Time coordinates from July 21, 1930 and the Present Time coordinates - confuse the listener and reduce his sensory acuity. So, even though the glorious sound of the Berliner Philharmoniker is reproduced in the room the listener cannot hear it in all its glory

wow

>> No.4094107

>>4094021
These outlets should sync perfectly with my chakra magnetic energy bracelets.

>> No.4094109

http://www.head-fi.org/t/193748/brilliant-pebbles-first-impressions

"You can't know until you tried" is just too retarded sometimes

>> No.4094127

>>4094068
cables actually make a diference tho

>> No.4094129

>>4094127
Oh yeah. You should always go for the $500 HDMI cables when you have an HD tv. Because it just isn't HD unless you've spent more money on connecting equipment than on the equipment itself.

>> No.4094133

>>4094129
>doesn't know the difference between digital and analogue cables
Just get out you mongoloid

>> No.4094137

>>4094129
compare a silver to copper cable with good headphones/speakers, notice how it doesnt sound the same

>> No.4094300

>>4094137
>thinks the conductivity of the wires affects a digital signal

I lol'd