[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 428 KB, 471x470, 1317749361009.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4086989 No.4086989 [Reply] [Original]

Guys.

I love biology, cosmology, climatology, and some physics. Blame publishers of the subjects (Sagan, etc. You know the names).

Fuck it, it's all really hard. I want to graduate in a subject of these or two. My high school teachers were epic in these subjects, hell, got out almost hitting honor roll. In some parts I'm a little ahead like in biology (bitches in college don’t know their cardiac sphincter from their rectal sphincter). But for some reason, these professors are making this either over complicated or under complicated.

Not to mention, I'm an artists by nature. So I prefer to sketch in class, and still manage a 75% average. Group I’m with really helping too, and acing physics. But now, I’m really starting to fail.

It’s all causing a lot of stress. The sheer work load, and the way things are, just isn’t what I thought they’d be for the sciences I’m in. By the way, here’s an extreme example of what I mean: I was about 80% in math. Math professor was so confusing and all over the place, I was getting a 25%. No. This will not due. Especially when I know the material, I just can’t function in the class or understand what she says. No, I was not the only one. Everybody had this issue with her.

I'm interested in what /sci/ has to say. Should I just go to my arts, or keep trying? Maybe /sci/ knows what kind of career path would be best for something like this?

TL;DR:
I love science. I was doing great before college. Beginning I was as well with college, now I'm not. I'm into art. What do.

>> No.4086999

> I love science

Then dont stop even if you fail or it gets to hard, keep at it.

>> No.4087005

You probably weren't doing great before college. Any idiot should be able to get a 95% average without trying in high school.

>25%
>know the material

Pick one. Quit blaming the classroom. If you knew the material you wouldn't get a measly 25%. Fuck I've gotten 60% on tests where I didnt know the material.

It sounds like you're geared for women's studies.

>> No.4087015

>bragging about know that there's more than one kind of sphincter
>2011

>> No.4087025

OP I'm like you. Don't go into science if you're not desperated to work hard on it.
Go into design or architecture

>> No.4087047

>>4087005
Clearly you missed the part where I said it wasn't just me.

>>4086999
That wasn't the issue. It was that it wasn't what I expected it to be.

>> No.4087062

>>4087015
No, it was just the class. That was expected in my classes, but it wasn't taught to my peers.

>>4087025
Sadly I think that's the truth.

>> No.4087088

>>4086989
8/10 well done.

>> No.4087146

>>4087047
>implying other peoples' failures justifies your own

>>4087062
so you can use the google? or an index? good job.

>> No.4087301

>>4087146
No, it's showing that the professor is incompetent at teaching the class. You fail to make that logical connection?

Also no. In my high school class it was much more advanced on the organ system.

Just a question, is English your first language?