[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 76 KB, 251x244, cryfrog.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4064417 No.4064417 [Reply] [Original]

Your most terrifying college "finals dreams".

My most recent was that I failed 3/6 classes I'm currently taking for reasons of:
Psychology-Research participation credit was not counted/recorded properly
Organic Chem- Bombed exam because of improper pencil type and professor refused to regrade
Calculus-Final is done online, so I dreamed that the window that I was using and had already signed into crashed and I was unable to resubmit it because it's a 1 time open.

10 days left until the end of the semester, and my grades are pretty solid (~3.7 GPA as of now).
Hoping these dreams come to a screeching halt, as they do no help to my concerns of not passing organic chem.

What are some of your finals dreams? (Current or past)

>> No.4064426

>Psychology-Research participation credit was not counted/recorded properly
I liked the idea of participating in research, but then it got to be annoying.

>Organic Chem- Bombed exam because of improper pencil type and professor refused to regrade
I successfully use non-2.0 lead.

>Calculus-Final is done online, so I dreamed that the window that I was using and had already signed into crashed and I was unable to resubmit it because it's a 1 time open
Computer-based math exams are the worst.

>> No.4064441

>>4064426
Computer based math exams:
Yeah, truly one of the most dreadful experiences of university thus far. To think a single character out of place could spell disaster for your grade while doing problems upwards of 3 pages of written work (no graphing calculators allowed) is not fun.

>> No.4064454

>Psychology-Research participation credit was not counted/recorded properly
You can easily go to the chair or dean and discuss the problems with this if the professor is not willing to fix the obvious problem.
>Organic Chem- Bombed exam because of improper pencil type and professor refused to regrade
Again, unless it was specifically stated in some policy, this can be contested. Especially if you go up the chain. You can dispute any grading policy. This is a poor practice on the part of the instructor.
>Calculus-Final is done online, so I dreamed that the window that I was using and had already signed into crashed and I was unable to resubmit it because it's a 1 time open.
And the same thing with this. If you are annoying and stubborn enough and go to the right people, things can be done. Explain all circumstances properly.

Doing something is better than doing nothing.

>> No.4064456

>>4064454
These things didn't happen, they are only dreams that I have had so far as finals week approaches at an alarming rate.
Stress= Terrifying dreams

>> No.4064466

For some reason it was an oral exam (I don't live in Europe, so what the fuck) and my examiner was my sister who hates me.

It was a bit like that scene at the end of Scarface.

>> No.4064468

Never had one of these

Probably because I get straight A's anyway

>> No.4064470

>>4064417
I had one where I for some reason had to take Biochemistry II again and was trying to retain my A.

that was a bad one

>> No.4064486

>>4064470
Aren't they awful? I've got 10 days until all exams are completed, so I've figured 240 hours is a decent amount of time, cut out sleep, 180 hours of study time, cut out food time, 170 hours of study time. I'm not leaving my dorm room except to go take exams.

This will be a grueling 10 days to come.