[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 17 KB, 290x414, wine198.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3988928 No.3988928 [Reply] [Original]

Read between the lines of misogynistic posts here and on r9k and it becomes apparent that it's really an expression of frustration by people with the misfortune to have been born ugly, and who feel that above average intelligence entitles them to women much more attractive than they are.

What if plastic surgery was within everyones' means? What if these frustrated ugly misanthropes could be made thin and handsome? I really believe it d profoundly improve their personality. Their misanthropy stems from physical insecurities, loneliness and sexual frustration. They project their shortcomings onto women as a means of psychological relief and in the hopes that women can somehow be guilted, coerced, pressured into dating them lest they be thought of as superficial and unappreciative of intellect.

If these same men felt secure in their attractiveness and body image I think they would immediately exhibit a more contented and amiable demeanor. Similar to how men with larger penises are less aggressive and harder to provoke than men unhappy with their penis size.

We really are that simple and something as petty as cheap beauty for everyone would enormously decrease suffering. Thoughts?

>> No.3988955

>We really are that simple and something as petty as cheap beauty for everyone would enormously decrease suffering. Thoughts?

Humans are drawn to competition, they would probably put something else other than beauty as valuable.

>> No.3989058

>>3988955
I see this or something like it given as the reason that no improvement of any kind is possible. Example: "there will always be war because with every current reason to fight removed, we'd find new ones". I don't think this dim view of humanity is realistic. Cartoonishly exaggerated cynicism seems to be the norm simply because we want to avoid appearing foolishly optimistic so we flock to the opposite extreme and stay there because it makes us feel wise and worldly. Yet our conditions have steadily improved with time; we have gradually expanded out in-groups such that we no longer war with our neighbors, only between nations as large as continents or nearly so. We are more peaceful and civilized now than ever before. Your cynical side wants to sneer at this but objectively it's true.

The other common objection is that when everyone's pretty we'll start seeing even slight imperfections as the new ugly. This doesn't hold up in practice. We appreciate a variety where beauty is concerned and would not adapt to it in that way. There would be degrees of attraction, but nobody we are completely unattracted to. Leveling the playing field like this would free us to compete in personality, charm, humor and intellect while removing our insecurities and the misanthropy that results.

>> No.3989082

The wealthy won't allow it, as surgically achieved beauty is one of the ways they elevate themselves above the poor and maintain the belief that they are innately superior to them.

>> No.3989090
File: 12 KB, 470x457, 1317597108206.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Thoughts?

I want to be pretty too.

>> No.3989103

>>3989090

You can be, with surgery. It would greatly improve your life in a psychological sense. It's just a matter of finding some way to make plastic surgery commonplace and affordable. Advances in robotic surgeons like the DaVinci may soon make this a reality.

>> No.3989123

>thinning hair
>unsymmetrical face
>huge nose
>greasy, pale skin
>still get pussy because I'm not stuck in a shell

Personalities can develop independently of aesthetics. It's your choice whether you want to be insecure your entire life over something you can't change. Sure, people might approach someone who's more attractive first, but get this - you're allowed to approach people too! You're still in control of your diet, your exercise routine, your wardrobe, and your fucking social skills.

>> No.3989125

>>3989103
Part of me doesn't want to be part of a species that isn't happy unless it's attractive. On the other hand out of he thousands of problems afflicting us that are too complex to solve, this one is actually manageable. We know how to make people more attractive and it would have a greater positive effect on the public's morale than any other comparably straightforward social program I can think of. This is in part because it would help equalize everyone's chances of being hired and promoted but also the base emotional benefit.

>> No.3989130

Why don't we just start practicing eugenics instead? No one thought of this yet?

>> No.3989134

Probably true op, now you just have to design robot/ai surgeon.

Personally, i will prefer to be a brain in a vat.

>> No.3989153

>Their misanthropy stems from physical insecurities, loneliness and sexual frustration. They project their shortcomings onto women as a means of psychological relief and in the hopes that women can somehow be guilted, coerced, pressured into dating them lest they be thought of as superficial and unappreciative of intellect.
And all of this derived from a few 4chan posts. Science at its finest.

>> No.3989161

>>3989130
Because it requires an oppressive authoritarian government to enforce it, causes tremendous suffering, and it's inferior in every way to mature genetic engineering that ahcieves more precise results without any need to dictate who marries whom and who gets executed.

This never seems to matter to eugenics advocates because they aren't just after an improved humanity; they are perversely devoted to achieving it via eugenics even if a better, faster method is available. The godlike control over who may mate with whom appeals to them on a very primal level and the prospect of hoarding beautiful women against their will while exterminating more attractive men feeds their revenge fantasies.

>> No.3989168

>>3989153
"a few"?

>> No.3989177
File: 14 KB, 300x294, fowl823.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3989134
Like this one? There's a few brands on the market already.

>> No.3989188
File: 3 KB, 160x128, mind blown.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3989177

>> No.3989189

>>3989177
>on the market

>affordable
>practical
>ethical
Pick none

>> No.3989190

>>3989168
It could be literally each and every single post ever submitted since day 1, and it still wouldn't be data.

>> No.3989196

>>3989134

>"oh man look at that weird gross old brain over there"
>"haha ewwww imagine his ganglia interfacing with yours"
>"Hahaha totes gross, no way, I bet he's thinking about that right now."
>"cmon let's get away from that weirdo and connect to a mall sim."

Laughingteenageasiangirlbrains.png

>> No.3989197

>>3989190
the conversations people might have when they feel they are having them anonymously speak volumes about their actual thoughts.

No, it's not data, but it points to the fact that research could be done in this area

>> No.3989203

>>3989123
>Personalities can develop independently of aesthetics.
Personalities develop within the framework of culture.
Aesthetics are a vital aspect of culture.
Because personalities are not independent of culture they are not independent of that culture's aesthetics.

Therefore you are a faggot.

>> No.3989206

>>3989190
So basically "you are wrong no matter what because I disagree".

It's a matter of inference from posts. All either of us have are subjective interpretations of them and therefore opinions. Whether or not you accept mine as a premise for discussion is up to you.

>> No.3989217

>>3989189
You seem to be suggesting that everyone who wants the surgery needs to buy their own robot. This is not the case. They can be bought with taxpayer money in exchange for a guraranteed affordable price per use, although until there are enough of them, the average wait before your turn would be months or even years long, almost as bad as waiting for a vital organ transplant.

>> No.3989223

>>3989217
The government proposing free chirurgy raise ethical issues.
And we all know the clusterfuck that is ethics.

>> No.3989230

>>3989223
What the fuck is chirurgy?

>> No.3989245

>>3989230
Surgery. Sorry.
Bedtime, i am a huge faggot.

>> No.3989327

>>3989206
>So basically "you are wrong no matter what because I disagree".
Eh, no. I'm saying your bullshit conjecture hardly even qualifies as armchair psychology.

>It's a matter of inference from posts.
No, it's not, because you cannot check any 4chan posts for veracity. How serious were all those misogynistic comments you've read? Or, hell, how many different people were even behind them? Internet psychoanalysis is worthless enough as it is, even more so when it's anonymous.

So, no, I don't disagree with your interpretation. I'm saying you don't have anything of value to interpret in the first place.

>> No.3989893

Can I become the little girl?

>> No.3990657
File: 52 KB, 720x540, disappoint.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Oh come on, trolls. I'd expect at least one post ITT starting with "femanon here".

>> No.3990672

OP is a god.

>ITT: butthurt aspies

>> No.3990674

>>3989893

I want to know this too.

>> No.3990677

in the future we will all look like lolis probably

>> No.3990679

>>3990674
You can have a sex change, but you will not be able to become a child again. You will be a woman who is your current age.

>> No.3990682

>>3990677
Who is Lolis?

>> No.3990687

>>3988928
Yeah, sure, whatever...

Ever crossed your mind that women actually ARE inferior most of the time, when compared to their men counterparts? Most humans agree that they are emotion-based (they have the mythical 'emotional intelligence'), which is likely to instinct, which makes them similar to... animals. No shit ;]

'sides, hating on wimmins is fun, as they are stupid enough to fall for the simplest trolling most of the time. And feminists? God damn it, they make the world such a lulzy place ;D

>> No.3990689
File: 27 KB, 300x300, 1319318982164.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3990682
Never been to /g/?

>> No.3990707

>Implying a majority of the misanthropes/misogynists don't have average or lower intelligence.

>> No.3990708

What about dieting?

>> No.3990710

>>3990689
No.

>> No.3990713

Da truf. But I know some guys with big penises who are really aggressive and irritable.

>> No.3990720

I think you're probably right OP that appearance defines how a person is treated. But where I disagree is that being ugly since you are a child shapes your mind in a certain way. People treat you differently and your fundamental understanding of the world is built out of that. Plastic surgery later in life can never upturn those fundamental beliefs.

Accepting that you are ugly is really hard. Most ugly people just live with some wretched dark conflict broiling in the bottom of their minds. I am ugly, and it really hurts. My value as a human is just immediately lower then other people. It isn't I'll never find a girl, or have friends, I have both. But I'll always have insecurities, and they will always be justified by the way people treat me. When I randomly make eye contact with a girl or something and she quickly looks away, it hurts. I know that in one instant I have been judged and nothing I could ever do would change that judgment.

I understand the misogyny. Women can't help themselves but how can you not be frustrated with a group of people who treat you so poorly? Especially when you've almost certainly treated them well (at some point in the past, at least). Maybe they feel entitled to women because of their intelligence, or maybe they just feel like women don't even care about their best trait. If a guy shows off his appearance, no one has a problem with it. In fact he probably has lots of friends and girls. But if a person shows off their intelligence, they are immediately shunned and treated like an even bigger piece of trash.

I think it's because we treat appearance as a number one factor. An ugly person trying to show their intelligence comes off as someone trying to give themselves a higher social ranking then they deserve.

>> No.3990729

>>3990720
go get your fat ass out of your room and onto a treadmill you lazy piece of shit
seriously, ugly girls are kind of fucked, but if youre a guy and you dont have some kind of serious facial deformity, and you work your lazy ass out and have a nice body, it doesnt matter if you have a sexy face you are still going to be perfectly attractive

stop trying to act like society is conspiring against you to make you suffer because you are such a worthless lump of shit that you cant get in shape, self pity for things you can control is truly worthy of absolute derision

>> No.3990734

>>3990720

BAAAWWWW

Man the fuck up

>> No.3990738

>>3990720
I feel for you bro. It's why I sincerely think that making plastic surgery easily affordable would make more people much happier than some think it ought to. People born ugly did nothing to deserve it and if something as simple as adjusting their facial bones/tissue will make such a huge improvement in the lives of so many, it's a crime to reserve it for the wealthy few.

>> No.3990745

>>3990734
>>3990729
I know you really want to believe that you can achieve anything. But it just isn't true. Some people are just ugly. The fact that you think I'm fat (even though I never said that) is revealing.

Anyway, the myth of "stop crying and be a man" is what keeps so many boys in a permanent state of misery and childishness. They're unwilling to deal with reality as it stands.

>> No.3990748

Look, another mediocre person with zero understanding of correlations between human attributes and perspicacity. I wish such threads weren't designed to bait retards into silly debate.

To disprove this inane notion, my preamble: I've modeled my entire life (currently 20), signifying my socially perceived physical attributes being idolized. It was determined via testing in 7th grade that I posses an IQ of 153. My entire life, I've been revered for having good looks and being the peak of intelligence among my peers.

Since I first started to develop and categorize my philosophies, I've always felt misogyny and misanthropy to be agreeable. The conclusion I've garnered from this observation is that in individuals with higher than average intellect, the correlation between misogyny and social inadequacies disappears while misogyny and intellectual correlations appear.

>> No.3990757

>>3990745
im not saying "stop bitching and be a man", im saying stop fucking bitching about something you have complete control over. even if you werent fat, working out does not just mean losing weight, if you were a skinny fuck with an ugly face youd be unattractive but if you worked your ass out and got ripped you would be more attractive than some skinny fuck or chubby guy with a nice face.

maybe you do have some kind of obvious facial deformity, that sucks if you do but it seems really unlikely. if youd rather wallow in self-pity than solve your own fucking problems or at least mitigate them to the point where they arent problems by all means do it but shut the fuck up with your whining like a little bitch about how life sucks for ugly people.

>> No.3990762

>>3990748
lol no
misanthropy means hating women
as in, actually harboring negative emotions toward women
this is really fucking retarded unless you have an actual reason to resent women
i notice you didnt mention getting laid, do you have trouble talking to girls or something? obviously if you model youre doing better than most of us but that doesnt mean you have it.

>> No.3990764

>>3990748
Pretty transparent, bro. On the internet everyone's a high IQ model. What you really mean is "if I were this person, it would prove you wrong and you have no way of knowing that I'm not."

>> No.3990767

>>3990729

>>stop pretending society is trying to keep you down, and start changing yourself to fit societies standards in order to get treated as an equal.

Brilliant.

>> No.3990773

If you guys are really insecure about how you look. You cant do much to change your face or sadly penis size, but tou can make tour body look great go to /fit/

>> No.3990777

>>3990762

I've only ever been able to partake in intercourse with women when inebriated (which is always the result of peer pressure). Otherwise, I find them to be an utter abhorrence. The social norms that guide women are disgraceful and degrading of any chance for ingenious thought. Women as a whole will never amount to anything comparable to men, thanks to society and their predisposed genetic inclinations that result in lower chances for their intelligence to match a man's.

Such is evolution. My disgust is rational.

>> No.3990782

>>3990720

Women love when you show off your intelligence, I outwit people all the time in conversation, i tell them interesting things relative to things they enjoy.i aswer their what if, and why questions in an interactive and intuitive manner without lording over how much smarter i am. What you mean is women don't like you spewing random info about esoteric subjects they no nothing about, or hammering people for not knowing everything about a subject you are knowledgeable in. If you are so smart, apply your intellect to viewing how people actually interact. See how men get girls, and adapt accordingly.

>>intelligence
>>charisma
Pick both.

>> No.3990785

>>3990745

Look - this is bullshit. If you're scrawny - bulk up a little, if you're fat - lose that fat, if you're neither - tone your body a bit. It takes, what, 2 years of work? If one's very fat it might take even twice as much, but it's possible, and it's easy. It's as the guy above said, unless your face is deformed (very few people are), or have extreme acne and you're 20+ (less than 1% of population), then good looking body = moderately attractive man, no matter the rest.

Add to it some personal style (being into latest fashion trends is for pussies and fags mainly, but your clothes have to go 'flow' along with you - asking your female friends for help will help most of the time, and asking your alpha friends is kinda gay, but if he agrees it will help you ALOT), and you're above 75% of men.

Men have it fay easier than bitches in that regard, but most are unwilling to put any work in it because it's so 'womanly' to take care of yourself... then they go to jack off to drawn japanese pictures because they're lonely. Jesus fuck.

Oh, and looking presentable will boost your confidence, which will help in interpersonal relations, and generally you'll be rated higher in almost all aspects by pretty much anyone, ever. So stop being a pussy and get busy

>> No.3990787

>>3990777

Haha. Sure is Fox and the Grapes in here. Lets pretend half of the species will NEVER amount to ANYTHING.

>> No.3990792

>>3990785

>>worry about your appearance and get advice from others on how to act
>>don't just be a man and have the confidence to not care about others opinions

You disgust me. go pluck your eyebrows metrosex.

>> No.3990794

>>3990787

You will never be able to accurately explain how cognitive dissonance is in any way affecting me. You are another disgusting, mediocre human riddled with impetuosity that rarely deserves a response. In your excitement over the notion I provided, you failed to read the second half of the sentence you're vigorously castigating. Please review and correct:

>Women as a whole will never amount to anything comparable to men
>comparable to men

>> No.3990797

>>3990777

I have to agree with this. Civilisation as we know it was _built_ by men.

>> No.3990798

>>3990794
These people utterly lack proper geometry and theology, isn't that right?

>> No.3990799
File: 24 KB, 500x375, mexico-drug-money2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

oh look, I can suddenly attract much hotter women.
they must really think my face is prettier now.

>> No.3990805

>>The social norms that guide women are disgraceful and degrading of any chance for ingenious thought
>>any change for ingenious thought
>>any chance

Your inflated rhetoric doesn't refute this little nugget.

The fox and the grape still holds true. You hate what you can't have. The good women don't want you, you don't want the bad ones. therefore there are no good women.

>> No.3990807

>>3990794
jesus christ stop showing off your fucking vocabulary, most of /sci/ is smart enough and well read enough that we arent impressed by big words and if you sound like anywhere near that much of a prick in real life i can see why women wouldnt want anything to do with you

i mean i know you are trolling i guess the big words troll just really fucking gets me for some reason

>> No.3990809

>>3990807

Those are normal words that needed to be used to describe what was described. Do they scare you, babby?

>> No.3990810

>>3990807
fuck lol i just actually read your post and realized you dont actually understand the words you are using, 7/10 too obvious but pissed me off anyway

>> No.3990811

>>3990792
you best not be one of those niggers who bitches about how women suck and you cant get a girlfriend when you dont even care about your own appearance

seriously, i havent had sex in over a year, i have literally 2 female friends and suck at talking to people in general and girls in particular, but i still look good and that really does help as far as my confidence issues go, just align what you think looks good vaguely with what society deems attractive and youre set

>> No.3990813

>>3990810
your arguments are weaker than those of a troll.

GG

>> No.3990815

>>3990805

You seem to have conflated cognitive dissonance with infinitesimal chances of a human of my caliber being able to intellectually identify with any woman I will meet in my entire life. I have never met, and based off chance, will never meet the 'good woman' (which is also a false dilemma fallacy) you speak of.

Please study my words for intellectual posterity. A 'good woman' at your level of intellectual aptitude is quite common. A 'good woman' is entirely relative.

>> No.3990817

>>3990813
at least i know what the word castigating means and how it is used
seriously, if you maybe toned it down a little with the thesaurus and only used words you had heard before and were somewhat familiar with it might be somewhat beneficial for the establishment of your credibility

>> No.3990820

>>3990815
>for intellectual posterity
bahahaha what did i just tell you about using words you dont know

>> No.3990822

>>3988928
That's not just here, it's all over the internet. And it's nothing more than a joke.

>> No.3990825

>>3990822
>it's nothing more than a joke.
sadly that is really not the case

>> No.3990830

>>3990817

I don't think you do, little person.

>> No.3990831

>>3990820

You're partially right, I should have said: 'posterity's intellectual sake'.

>> No.3990832

>>3990811

Nope. In an open marriage for the last 6 years. Have no problems getting tail, not that i try much anymore. I get my hair cut at the barber, shower, and buy clothes i like. anyone who doesn't like anything else can fuck off. You get further ahead with that atittude that worrying about your appearance constantly like some woman. You physical flaws are not your problem. Anyone who judges you by how you look is shallow fuck, and not worth your time. Honestly shallow fucks pay more attention to personality anyway, and being prissy just screams "everybody look at me, i need attentions! i need approval!" it makes you look weak. Weakness isn't a good way to live, let alone sexy.

Look the way you want to look, dress how you want to dress, and make no apologies. Stop feeling insecure and people don't have grounds to judge you.

>> No.3990840

>>3990830
Yup. "Castigate" has a similar meaning to "chastise" or "rebuff", it implies punishment for some sort of transgression. One wouldn't "castigate" a sentence, that's simply ridiculous and nonsensical. "Castigate" has more of an active connotation than "chastise", implying some sort of physical punishment rather than just verbal, which only makes your misuse of it even less apt.

I know 4chan might not be the best place for smart people but don't assume others are going to be more of an idiot than you.

>> No.3990844

There is absolutely no reason to talk with inflated vocabulary if a simpler word would suffice. It Doesn't serve the purpose of making you look more intelligent. it makes you look like an ass trying to get attention, or hoping to intimidate feebly. Talk like a normal human, not a science fiction computer. Its as if you speak in purple prose in real life.

>> No.3990848

>>3990840

Arguing stronger connotations is ridiculous considering castigate to be synonymous with punish, rebuke, and criticize. I can only imagine the notion of critical scrutiny of vocabulary appealing to people of mediocrity.

Also, don't conflate me with someone that peppers their sentences with abusive ad hominem fallacies.

>> No.3990850

>>3990832
Jesus, way to be a closed minded fuck. I used to like not shaving and wearing oversized metal t-shirts and fat jeans. That was unattractive, I really looked like shit. Now I have a better fashion sense, I still pretty much wear and appear how I like, it's just not shitty any more. Theres a huge difference between maintaining basic standards of appearance and being a prissy little wuss and if your head's too far up your ass to see that I'm not going to get true to you. Fuck, dude, I don't even shower half the time and I have shitty long hair and an earring that's been described as "gay", but simply having a basic feel for what looks good and choosing it over what doesn't when I have the option means I still look way better than I used to.

Look, how about physical fitness? Some people do physical labor but the majority of people and certainly nearly everyone on /sci/ lives a sedentary lifestyle and spends most of their time sitting on their ass. We have no real use for muscles or for physical fitness beyond the basics of what is healthy, and honestly a moderate layer of chubbiness is healthier than being ripped. Most guys who work out and are jacked do so almost entirely to make themselves more attractive. Are you going to call them fags for working out? Hell, you said yourself that weakness is a bad thing, but being in shape is just the opposite of weakness, and the difference between working out and getting in shape to be more attractive and giving a fuck about how you dress and present yourself is purely semantic. You've said the latter is gay and makes you weak, by your own line of reasoning working out makes one weak too. Your argument is bullshit, it's purely emotional and it's fucking stupid.

>> No.3990854

>>3990844

The words you classify as 'inflated vocabulary' exist to define nuances not expressible by common words. Words are designed to allow elucidation and elaboration in a succint manner, there is no logical reason to be inefficient only to appeal to mediocrity such as yourself.

>> No.3990862

>>3990854
I know it feels like your wall is impenetrable bro. I am not saying this to insult or degrade you, but it is so transparent. I mean, it is incredibly easy to see right through your words. I'm not expecting you to do anything other then rebuff what I'm saying, but I would ask you store this idea away: you're not fooling anyone. Think about it a little and even if it feels uncomfortable, let it grow. You'll end up better for doing so. I'm not going to say anything else, so if you need to dismiss or insult me you can do so. But speaking to you (not the person you're trying to project), please think about what I said.

>> No.3990865

>>3990848
Look, it's already pretty clearly established that you were a troll not that anyone was taking your initial claims seriously to begin with, but come on man, conflate is an awesome fucking word when used correctly and you just fucked it, man. I never said or even implied you were using ad hominems, but you didn't believe I knew what castigate meant when you clearly have no god damn clue yourself, it seems obvious you looked up synonyms for "criticize" and picked castigate because it was the fanciest sounding word and you had no idea that it wasn't applicable in your situation, assuming others do not understand words is assuming they are idiots, although I guess you don't see it as idiocy since you yourself have no clue.

>> No.3990867

>>3990862
lol @ misusing rebuff
but seriously it's kind of sad that you're still feeding the troll after he's fallen apart so badly, he obviously doesn't normally talk like that and is just using it for this thread because he's a dumbfuck and thinks it will help him appear like he has a high IQ, which I guess is somewhat reasonable for a dumbfuck who's incapable of understanding it.

>> No.3990875

>>3990850

People that work out to look good are weak. If you have a job that needs you to be strong that is one thing, if you live in an area that is dangerous that is another. But to workout to gain muscles to look nice is no different than wearing muscles as clothes. That's just pathetic.

You can tell the difference between the guys doing 200 setups to get abs, while living on protein shakes, and guys who workout to beef up without getting cut because of the camaraderie and becoming stronger. The latter don't gets tans and don't obsess over calories. many of them have bellies. Motivation to do something IS relevant when talking about personality.

If you have bad taste, that is a different matter. You need to look at how fucking ridiculous your metal shirts and baggy pants make you look. You want to go through life acting like a teenager? Clothes are evident of personality. Using clothes to cover that personality is hiding. Adress the cause of why you are so immature that you want to wear those things.

>> No.3990879

>>3990854
you know
i agree with this post 100%
however as your breathtaking idiocy most eminently demonstrates, it is difficult in the extreme to converse eloquently with plebs such as yourself simply because of their intrinsic failure to comprehend the intricacies of language and appreciate the intended effect let alone string together sentences of their own with any degree of loquacity.

>> No.3990881

>>3990865

As I thought, you conflated who was typing my responses and someone else's responses, and were having a hard time understanding who my statements were directed at, leading to erroneous conclusions. Such is an anonymous board.

I can tell the unconventional has captured your attention rather than the topic, thus further conversation is pointless.

>> No.3990883

>>3990875
I don't want to wear those things, any more, because I realized they look like shit. But I did when I was a teenager. But you were just saying it's nothing but weakness and faggotry to care about how one looks. Your argument isn't even self-consistent, you're saying dressing like an immature teenager is a bad thing but caring at all about how one looks is also a bad thing, the two can't go together. You can try to use it to just put people in both categories down to boost your own ego but that'd just be pathetic, but I really don't see how or why else you would choose such an illogical position.

>> No.3990884

>>3990879

Oh i can't read these posts without giggling. Its like hes an autistic character in a novel.

>> No.3990886

>>3990881
Oh, are you not the guy who claimed to be a male model with a 153 IQ? I'm glad to see you looked up the proper usage of the word "conflate", good for you, it's always nice to help someone educate himself. But you just misused the word "unconventional". Seriously, fucking unconventional, come the fuck on dude.

>> No.3990889

What a horrible thread.

>> No.3990891

>>3990883

Going to others for advice, asking some chick "help i can't dress myself, tell me how" Is weak. You are right, that i didn't shape my argument correctly. Allow me to clarify.

Constantly fitting current fashion, as you advise, is pathetic. Not being in controll of yourself to the point that your self image has to be in the hands of another person is pathetic. Looking at yourself in the mirror and seeing yourself dressed like a moron and not being able to see it is sad. You should have the sense to not dress like a fucking child. Why do you wear metal shirts anyway, because you like the band? Because your other friends wear metal shirts? You may have though that cool at a time, but now you are a grown up. why do you cling to these things? See what it comes to, others influencing you.

>> No.3990893

>>3990883

Don't you get it? He's so much above us in the alpha spectrum that he doesn't need to make any sense whatsoever and bitches still dig him like he's the best thing ever.

Bitch, please

>> No.3990899

>>3990893

Like being "alpha" has anything to do with it. Constantly second guessing yourself because of what others think is a sad way to live. You should be able to refine who you are without trying to please others. Women aren't falling over each other to get to me, but when i wan't one i generally don't have problems. maybe because my mind isn't bogged down with "does she likes my hair? what should i say? what if she doesn't like these clothes someone told me to wear? should i act like this? should i act like that?"

>> No.3990901

>>3990891
Bleh, I'm not even the original guy you called a faggot, we shouldn't even really be arguing, I'd agree with you that going up to a chick and asking her for fashion advice would be a pretty faggy move. I don't wear metal shirts and fat jeans, well I still have a slayer shirt I wear sometimes because FUCKING SLAYER, but I did that when I was like 15-16 and stopped when I was 17, I have no desire to wear metal shirts now because I know they look like shit, but you seemed to be implying that not wearing something because it looks like shit makes you gay or weak or something. And I'm not at all saying to realign your appearance with whatever happens to be fashionable at the time, just don't dress like a fucking weirdo, wear clothes that fit comfortably and you think you look good in. If you really think trying to look good is gay, you can just fuck right off, because your attitude is just as shitty as the fashion-conscious people you think you're better than.

>> No.3990902

>>3990899
lol, do you really not see how your post just pretty much perfectly described behavior that is "alpha"?

>> No.3990905

>>3990902

Alpha males dominate others, yes? I'm not in the business of leadership. I only lead myself. If being yourself with no apologies to others makes you alpha then that's a stupid word for it.

>> No.3990906

>/sci/
>relationship advice
>all day
>every day

>> No.3990912

>>3990901

You can think its shitty all you want, i don't give a fuck. your veiw point isn't that much different though. Just telling someone to go workout because people will like him better, and asking his female friends to dress him was really lame.

>> No.3990923

So basically...

OP tries to put every misanthrope into a single box that is "lol they r ugly"
and this is any different then misanthropes doing it to women with "lol they r stupid" ?

Did you honestly think this could be a good thread?

also, do remember that nearly every male over 50 that is married has something to bitch about his wife. Ever talked to a drunken married old man?
its hilarious, they may not hate women like misantrhopy implies but its the same shit in a much nicer box just waiting to be opened.

>> No.3990928

>>3990912
I wasn't the guy who said to get girls to dress him, fuck that shit. I wasn't telling him to work out because people would like him better, I was telling him to work out because he seemed to be throwing a bitch fit because he's ugly, which means he's obviously not happy with his appearance, when he could easily improve his appearance significantly by hitting the gym for 6 months.

You just need to get the bug out of your ass that makes you want to bring people down for caring how they look. Yeah, taking it too far is pretty gay, but society has pretty clear and achievable standards of what looks good and what doesn't, and choosing to look good over looking bad is generally the better option. Again, that's not following bullshit fashion trends or anything, it's just understanding what most people think looks good and applying that to yourself.

Anyway, it sounds like you're just completely out of the loop. You said you've been married for 6 years, which means you're probably like 30 and those two factors combined mean nobody cares that much how you look as long as it's within the bounds of vaguely normal. Also, if you're really like 30, I can totally see you just being some grungy 90s kid who never grew out of the whole "fuck you I dress how I want" mentality and believes it strongly enough to force it down people's throats.

Whatever, I'm going to bed, I said I was going to an hour ago.

>> No.3990929

>>3990928
And one last thing, and I'm not saying this necessarily applies to you but I want to say it before I crash just in case, humans are social animals and you are who you are only in relation to others, and the attitude of "fuck you I don't care what you think" is only a few levels less immature than shaping your personality based on the opinions of others.