[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 51 KB, 450x300, electricity.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3981258 No.3981258 [Reply] [Original]

Hypothetical question.

If I had access to an infinite amount of electricity, what would be the overall best way to somehow make a profit from it, assuming I have already completely disconnected from the power grid?

Ideally, it should involve as little interaction with other people as possible, so I'm not looking to make my own utility company or anything. I'm more interested in physical processes to pump the electricity into, that would end up creating wealth for me.

Example: A quick absurd one would be to use the energy to fire neutrons at worthless materials and transmute them into gold a little at a time, then sell the gold.

>> No.3981267

you could extract metal from the earth and sell it at a recycling shop? lol idk

>> No.3981287

>>3981258

How exactly would you extract the electricity from that source of infinite electricity?

>> No.3981294

>>3981287
Let's just say hypothetically I have two electrode contacts and I can adjust to my preference how much juice I'm getting out of them, whatever volts, whatever amps, to put into whatever circuit I desire.

>> No.3981295

1. Build laser
2. Infinity energy
3. Threaten to melt moon
4. ???
5. Retire forever.

That, or just do the same thing, except threaten to go public and make free energy everywhere to the electric companies, oil companies, etc. Aquire billions.

>> No.3981304

>>3981258
Threaten to destroy the universe. If you have a source of infinite energy, you have a way to destroy the universe.

>> No.3981313
File: 23 KB, 363x365, 1259824834321.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>build plasma gasification waste disposal unit
>put big sign up that states whoever dumps at your place gets 50% of the profit from whatever gets disassociated will get given to the dumper
>??????????????????????
>PROFIT
There's gonna be a lot of electronics, with rare earth elements and lots of cooper wiring dumped at the place.

>> No.3981332

>>3981313
Fuck that, you've got an infinite source of energy, you can turn lead to mother fucking gold! You can make gold from vacuum alone!

Or drill a hole to the center of the earth, and keep it cold enough that you can extract metals from earth's core.

>> No.3981342

OP, maybe you could pump electricity into certain areas of your brain at extremely high voltages and currents and zap the retarded out.

>> No.3981359

Tesla already figured out that 'unlimited energy' thing decades ago.
Too bad the General Electric company decided that this was bad for the economy, since they couldn't make a profit from it, and had the government destroy his work and hush it all up.

Then a few years back, a fellow in Canada figured it out too.
He was quickly labeled a 'terrorist', and the government quickly shut him up as well.

Sucks that we live in a world like that.. but I suppose money makes the world go 'round, and we can't be giving away this kinda shit for free.

>> No.3981373

>>3981359
I'm gonna lol if it happens to that guy in Athens, as soon as he gets that 'cold fusion' thing to work.
inb4 he's suddenly branded a 'terrorist' as well, and everything he's worked on the past few years is swept up beneath the UN carpet.