[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 37 KB, 416x268, _42547337_graphic_bbc_416.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3964702 No.3964702 [Reply] [Original]

Y'know, when I was a kid I was really into all of this space shit, and was in full support of NASA.

But then after growing up and reading all these 'Earth-like planets found' and 'possible habitable planet found' and 'pictures neighbor solar system' and getting disappointed because all they've ever shown me was just some bright dots, I really don't give a shit anymore.

If we're going to spend 10 billion dollars and just end up looking at more dots in the sky, then no, I'm not in support. I should at least see something I can understand (ie, oh shit, that's actually a fucking planet) and not just dat dere bright spot in space.

>> No.3964706

Maybe you should learn about the bright spot in space, instead of whining about NASA not dumbing it down for you.

>> No.3964917

>>3964702
Wow, really?
You fucking faggot, just because its just a "small bright spot" it doesn't mean its not important.
NOT AT ALL TRUE.
Its much more exciting if you know SHIT about that bright spot which you so badly speak off.

>> No.3964923

Says the monkey living on a pale blue dot.

>> No.3964927

We can learn much by looking at spots. But to get funding from the retarded masses, you need pretty pictures. Maybe we should just lie and say we've found intelligent life that loves us, and that all we need to be blessed with their technology is more funding.

>> No.3964932

>>3964702
Wow, everyone take a look at this faggot.

Except not really because his bullshit isn't worth shitting up the board with.