[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 16 KB, 425x282, simple-math1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3952025 No.3952025 [Reply] [Original]

My math lectures for analysis and linear algebra just started and I don't really understand anything. Sure I'm able to read the stuff that I copied from the blackboard but somehow even after hours studying it I'm not able to solve the homework papers (was able to solve one but meh).

It's two years since I last had math in school so I'd like to ask if everyone had those problems and got the hang of it?
Just trying to distract me from this new source of stress until tomorrow when I'm back in the library trying to understand math. And maybe some advice.

>> No.3952113

Are the problems that you're struggling with vastly different than the ones that were presented in class? Are you reading the textbook?

>> No.3952137

>>3952025
learn math again online, or you could get a tutor. it's been a while and you need to get caught up.

>> No.3952154

1. Study in groups. I think I might have dropped out myself if I had to do it all alone.
2. It might stay like that for some time (talking of semesters here, not weeks) until you start understanding stuff.
3. You'll get used to it.

>> No.3952165

>>3952154
>I think I might have dropped out myself if I had to do it all alone

I thought of you as an intelligent person. But now I lost all my respect for you.

>> No.3952174

>>3952113
That's the problem. After others solved them it seems so easy to me. I'm able to explain what they did but it's very hard for me to find my own solution/proof. I had the same problem with programming languages in school where I was able to explain what functions did and how they worked but couldn't program anything on my own.
Solved that problem with doing it over and over again but in math it seems ridiculous hard...

>> No.3952180

>>3952165
a) Just because I made it far doesn't mean I'm very intelligent. (Peter principle etc)
b) Apart from that, getting told that you're dumb for two semesters is something not everyone can (or is willing to) handle. Seeing others struggle with the same issues and helping each other out can help a lot with that.

>> No.3952189

>>3952180
Since you just confirmed for idiot, I seem to be the only member of the hyperintelligent aspie master race on /sci/ now.

>> No.3952414

You can of course discuss here too. I would love to hear and possibly help if I am able.