[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 6 KB, 251x251, hellyea.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3903287 No.3903287 [Reply] [Original]

Agnostics say you can't prove there is a god and you can't prove there isn't a god. Well, the only thing you can't prove to exist or not exist is something that doesn't exist.

Atheists: 1
Agnostics: 0

>> No.3906242

hey

>> No.3906246

in b4 2000 posts

>> No.3906259

what the fuck is this shit

>> No.3906262

not true! allow me to present a counterexample

god

>> No.3906267

This is what it would be like, if the majority of people were agnostics.

AGNOSTIC KID: Mom, I'm going to go fuck a hooker.

AGNOSTIC MOM: You don't really know that. Nobody can see the future.

AGNOSTIC KID: Afterwards, I'm going to go smoke pot with my friends, since it's "not addictive."

AGNOSTIC MOM: Please be careful. We have to keep an open mind about whether pot is addictive or not.

The agnostic kid leaves the room. The father comes home from work several minutes later.

AGNOSTIC DAD: Hey!

AGNOSTIC MOM: Hi, honey! I think I might be pregnant again.

AGNOSTIC DAD: But we haven't had sex in five years!

AGNOSTIC MOM: It could happen. I guess I'll just get an abortion to be sure. Oh, and don't go in the bedroom.

AGNOSTIC DAD: Why not?

AGNOSTIC MOM: There could be two gay men fucking each other in there.

AGNOSTIC DAD: Why would they be here?

AGNOSTIC MOM: I dunno, some people might get off on sneaking into other people's houses.

AGNOSTIC DAD: Okay, that's fine with me!

Suddenly, their neighbor runs into the house.

AGNOSTIC NEIGHBOR: Come quick, there's a guy outside who thinks he's being chased by dragons!

AGNOSTIC MOM: We'll be right there!

The agnostic couple quickly put on a pair of black robes and hoods. They then exit the house, and run into the street, where a schizophrenic is held in a white straightjacket. He is being taken to the mental hospital. A crowd of agnostics stand around him, all wearing black robes and hoods.

RANDOM AGNOSTIC: Damn you, schizophrenic! We hate you! We claim we can't know whether invisible creatures exist. But we really hate your's! That's because we agnostics are hypocritical like that!

THE END

>> No.3906276

>>3906267
fell apart at the end

>> No.3906305

Sage

Agnostics are theists or atheists depending on what they believe. (agnosticism doesn't describe belief.) You cannot be solely agnostic. The belief qualifier is there regardless of whether you acknowledge it or not. If you don't acknowledge it chances are it's because there is no belief.

/thread

inb4 trolls trying to refute this just because it appears in one of dawkins books.