[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 22 KB, 500x389, science.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3889576 No.3889576 [Reply] [Original]

How come all of us on Sci cannot solve a large world problem. One would think that with our huge cumulative brain power we could solve anything.

>> No.3889580

Different areas, different interests, different opinions on what are world problems and how to fix them.

>> No.3889589

There are three main problems with your idea.

1) Humans actually working together for a greater cause. While this can happen, and isn't uncommon, it usually results in something such as what I'm about to explain.

2) Ego. We all have them. Something is gonna fall apart somewhere because some idiot is gonna say "I think imy name should be put first because I did more of the hard work."

And finally, 3) Murphy's law. Everything that can go wrong, will.

>> No.3889590

Scientific inquiry doesn't lend itself to Anonymous Problem Solving the way /b/ solves problems.

I thought that SCIENCE was the x axis though.

>> No.3889598

>>3889576
can you break down what that formula means?

>> No.3889622

>>3889576
> One would think that with our huge cumulative brain power we could solve anything.

That's the problem with the nerd class. You believe that intelligence is some incredible tool to solve problems.

The reason why you can't solve DICK with your brains is that you're so in love with your own cleverness that you fail to acknowledge that many things are simply BEYOND intelligence to solve. You have almost no socio-economic power, for instance. So regardless of your intellect, the guys with real power will over-rule you, every time.

Until you so-called smart guys learn to see YOUR OWN FUCKING BIASES, you'll really never get anywhere.

Looking forward to your subsequent "DERP DERP DERP". kthxbye

>> No.3889633

because people go into science/math for either money or prestige/fame [it's a dictate of biology and evolution]

>> No.3889638

>>3889598
spectrum of cosmic background radiation.

google 160.4

>> No.3889641

I've worked in some top universities and institutes throughout the world and I'm continually surprised with the simplistic and ill-informed views some `brilliant' people have on day-to-day issues. People do science for a reason :D

>>3889598
It looks like the equation for black-body emission...

>> No.3889646

>>3889641
>black body emission
>frequency on x axis
nope

>> No.3889715

>>3889646
?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planck's_law
That was the equation governing black body emission when I was at school. I didn't know the significance of 160.4 THz though.