[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 52 KB, 468x523, watson2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3888870 No.3888870 [Reply] [Original]

What does /sci/ think of racial science, or as it has been dubbed in online circles, human biodiversity (HBD)?

To be honest, the data seems pretty convincing. I can link you to some studies and texts I have read on this subject if you like.

Before someone flings accusations at me, I'm not a "stormfag" trying to foist these ideas on you. (I'm actually your typical left-leaning college student who just happened to read some studies and data online.) I just want some honest discussion about this scientific research on a board that is not explicitly predisposed to one view.

Pic related

>> No.3888882

Ethics say disregard.

>> No.3888886
File: 18 KB, 310x310, 20110828after.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Waste of time to study.

Put more funding into Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactors.

>> No.3888889

>>3888870
What do you think of previous eugenics experiments, such as nazism or phrenology, have these succeeded in your opinion?

>> No.3888896

inb4 doubles

>> No.3888920

It's something that shouldn't be studied; case closed. This species needs to understand to depend more on itself, not less.

To anyone who wants to give me their "what have you got against science herp derp" bullshit, my reply is that there's no reason to waste one's time on a sub-field of biology when there's so much physics to learn .

>> No.3888921

In the past, people assumed all racial disparities were hereditary without conclusive evidence. In the present, people assume all racial disparities are environmental without conclusive evidence. In other words, since the subject has interested people we've gotten exactly fucking nowhere.

>> No.3888922

People from all over the world are different, culturally and genetically. There is no reason to try and rebuke this idea unless you have a latent belief that being different means that we're better. We value intelligence, and instead of realizing that intelligence is not a universal indicator of worth, we try and pretend everyone has equal intelligence.

>> No.3888927

Racial science is a bit like the palestinian cause.

Sure, there may be legitimate injustices being committed by the israeli military. Sure, israeli foreign policy needs to be seriously reformed. But all those famous politicians and pundits and musicians who attack Israel and cry "Free Palestine"? Yeah, they all hate jews. All of them. I'm not even joking. I thought they didn't, but I've slowly come to realize they all do. I used to support the palestinians, but now I've realized that both sides are just pure evil. I stay out of discussions involving Israel and Palestine.

Similarly, racial science, regardless of whether it has any basis in reality, is only ever propounded by bigots. There is not a single person involved in "human biodiversity studies" or whatever, who is actually a racial egalitarian. So, regardless of the merits of the studies, I just generally find it not worth my time to listen to these retarded individuals.

>> No.3888939

>>3888921
In the future, we'll just clone white people, problem solved.

>> No.3888929

>>3888882
I might actually agree with that viewpoint. Widespread acceptance of the findings would certainly cause much more harm than it could ever do to benefit (some benefits such as striking down affirmative action).

But the problem is that pretty soon, it is going to be hard to ignore it. I am talking about DNA sequencing. On HBD blogs I have read, they talk about it like the rapture. DNA sequencing is getting increasingly cheaper, and so is genetic research. What if one day geneticists discover the full set of genes for intelligence, and that it differs between races? There is no way anyone could deny such results. Even Al Sharpton/Obama/whatever-non-Asian-minority-spokesperson would have to concede that races do differ in intelligence.

That's why I see that this cannot simply be swept under the rug. It will almost surely be a major cultural issue in the next decade or so.

>> No.3888964

>>3888939
We will probably actually be cloning Chinese-Askhenazi hybrids.

>> No.3888972
File: 65 KB, 444x650, 1296428363954.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.3888977

Wrong because it hurts my feelings. I'm a very important person and my feeling mean alot.

>> No.3889009

>>3888964
Oh, now whose the racial purist?

Also, is there anyone with a new breed of high strength weed? I just got the awesomenesest brand name for it.

>Chinese-Askhenazi hybrid is the shit maaang.

>> No.3889270

>>3888927

I second this comment, and I think the parallel to the Arab-Israeli conflict is apt. To continue the comparison, I'm a Jew who is not in favor of Israel's foreign policy and its policies towards the palestinians, but I'm also aware enough of Israeli history to understand that, while excessive, these policies are NOT unprovoked. It's a complicated issue, and any meaningful analysis of it requires more nuanced understanding than most of the vocal critics of Israel possess. The people yelling "Free Palestine" are largely anti-jewish. Certainly that isn't universally true, but how vocal one is about the issue tends to correlate strongly with a general hatred for the Jewish people, and it's not well disguised if you try to talk to them.
The same is true for racial science. There is data which is interesting, but the proponents of the research are largely interested in it because it confirms their pre-existing beliefs. This tends to prejudice one in drawing conclusions, as is obvious because the so called "racial realists" often will take any criticism as an unwillingness of the listener to accept "new" ideas. This research is concerning a phenomenon we have little understanding of at best. Especially when IQ is the basis of the measurements. This isn't just an exercise in apologetics; Ask ten psychologists what the best and more authoritative IQ test is, you're going to get several different answers. If the experts in the field can't agree on how something can be measured, then you have a serious roadblock in your research, and all data based on measurements of that SHOULD be questioned. This doesn't make it invalid, but it does necessitate scrutiny. This gets back to my initial point about confirmation bias. HBD advocates immediately act like any questioning of their opinion is purely ideological, but they do not have strong enough evidence to justify such confidence, and it belies their true motives.

>> No.3889481

>>3889270
Well said.

>> No.3890852

>>3889270
Jewspeak using typical jew-arguments with contorted language ("since psychometrics is an open field of study everything from that field is invalid.....or not invalid but just needs to be scrutinized (aka hidden from public media)"). It's not about ideology, like alot of things in science the real truth is hidden under a layer of math and statistics..so its easy to just ignore everything and start making up arguments ("its about poverty!", "they're biased") without realizing that these elements have been methodically controlled for.

>> No.3890873

> just your typical left-leaning college student
bwahaha