[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 12 KB, 226x223, trollwin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3802584 No.3802584 [Reply] [Original]

Is timetravel possible ?

>> No.3802599

ABSOLUTELY

>> No.3802608

If you consider freezing your body and waking up hundred years later as time travel, then I guess yes.

My worst nightmare would be if someone somehow turned back the time and we would be trapped in an endless loop, but we wouldn't remember and everything would happen the same way over and over again.

>> No.3802635

>>3802608 but we wouldn't remember

Where's the problem in this ?

>> No.3802692

If you want to travel forwards - certainly. You do that all the time, at a speed of 1 second/second.

If you want to travel backwards in time, I guess that would imply you have to reverse all changes in entropy that has happened between the time you want to visit and the time you want to travel from, and to rearrange the elementary particles in the universe to an earlier state.

All you need is the energy required to do this (which you probably would need to find outside this universe) plus the information on how the particles have behaved in the time that has passed.

Good luck :)

>> No.3802716

>>3802608

That's already happening right now. Consider yourself mindfucked

>> No.3803053

>>3802584
a

>> No.3803203

I think that probably yes. Just like cavemen would never have perceived the concept of exceeding the speed of sound, one day we will probably come up with a way.