[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 21 KB, 290x251, Psychology.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.3734665 [Reply] [Original]

I'm not entirely sure if this is where I should post, but this seems the most suitable.

To the point of this thread. In my psychology 101 class recently we touched on "Tabula Rasa" and what it's basis was, but I'm quite interested in this, and decided I wanted to try and learn more about it.

In short, does anyone have any good links or prior research on this subject.

This is before I start my own investigations, as I find anything interesting I'll post it in this thread.

>> No.3734675

What more is there to the fact that humans are born without previous experience or ordained future experience

>> No.3734691
File: 55 KB, 200x306, The g Factor.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

<<< This is a good starting point.

>> No.3734712

I figured Tabula Rasa had its own theorie on why people do what they do. Obviously no one is trained specifically to have any kind of emotional instabilities, so the question is how it explains conditions.

Or is there even anything about such?

>> No.3734721

>>3734712
Realistic tabula rasa would only say people are born blank of experience.

>> No.3734722
File: 32 KB, 323x500, The Blank Slate.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>3734691

A rather technical work for someone who is in psych 101. I recommend this for someone starting to read up on the subject.

>> No.3734735
File: 74 KB, 638x874, Genetic Influence on Human Psychological Traits.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

http://internal.psychology.illinois.edu/~broberts/Bouchard,%202004.pdf
>There is now a large body of evidence that supports the conclusion that individual differences in most, if not all, reliably measured psychological traits, normal and abnormal, are substantively influenced by genetic factors. This fact has important implications for research and theory building in psychology, as evidence of genetic influence unleashes a cascade of questions regarding the sources of variance in such traits. A brief list of those questions is provided, and representative findings regarding genetic and environmental influences are presented for the domains of personality, intelligence, psychological interests, psychiatric illnesses, and social attitudes. These findings are consistent with those reported for the traits of other species and for many human physical traits, suggesting that they may represent a general biological phenomenon.

>> No.3734755

>>3734722
>>3734722
>>3734722
>>3734722
>>3734722
>>3734722
>>3734722
This. Not even a psychfag, but this is a really good book that explains the history of these retarded ideas from social science. "Hurp men are conditioned to raep by society..."

>> No.3734766

THIS HAS EGRESSED TO ETHICAL, POLITICAL, SOCIAL, CULTURAL, RELIGIOUS, AND OF COIURSE PHILOSOPHICAL IMPLICATIONS.

MANY PEOPLE OVER TIME IN HISTORY HAVE COINED THE TERM OR ADDED TO IT, BUT THE FIRST WAS MOST LIKELY ARTISTOTLE, THEN OTHER SHITHEADS LIKE KANT AND WHATEVER OR EMPIRICISTS WHO CLAIM THAT EXPERIENCE IS KNOWLEDGE BLAH BLAH THAT NURTURE > NATURE BLAH BLAH WHATEVER DUDE ITS ALL GOOD

THEN U HAVE PPL LIKE ROUSSEAU AND THE PPL ARE CORUPTED BY SHIT YET AT THE SAME TIME MUST PROGRESS AND ADVANCE WHATEVER

BASICALLY ITS ALL A BUNCH OF SUPID BULLSHIT

>> No.3734772

>>3734735
>representative findings regarding genetic and environmental influences are presented for the domains of personality,
>genetic and environmental influences
>environmental influences

So they're saying that it's genetic effects AND how you're raised. Not that it's just genetics.

I think of it based on what I know as more that genetics provides dispositions, but environment really determines it. The slate can still be called "blank" with that as the case.

>> No.3734793

>>3734772
UR FUCKING STUPID LOL ITS BOTH ACTUALLY ITS LIKE THE UNCERTAINTY PRINCIPLE WHEN U AHVE ONE U CANT BE UNCERTAIN THAT THE OTHER IS MORE OR LESS DETERMINED ONLY THAT IT IS IN ITSELF AM I BEING CLEAR OR ARE U GOING TO ACCUSE ME OF BEING A SOLIPSIST?