[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 138 KB, 540x650, wtc-9-11.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.3705237 [Reply] [Original]

Well, here is the thing. It's 10 years after nine-eleven, the world has seen HUNDREDS of dubious conspiracy theories and to this day, NOT A SINGLE ONE HAS BEEN PROVEN RIGHT...

That raises several questions, maybe the theories aren't good enough... or maybe the makers of the theories are not intelligent enough..hmm... or maybe 9/11 was too well planned to even be proven?? LOL

Why dont these people just stop, seems like it's just become a hobby for them lmao

>> No.3705242

strange thing is a good number are completely serious

>> No.3705245

lots of "conspiracy theories" have been proved right. They aren't called conspiracy theories anymore.

>> No.3705246

I've always wondered what the genuine motivation for believing these theories is.

I suppose people who have already come to have a great distrust and suspicion of the government are the most susceptible.

>> No.3705250
File: 70 KB, 554x439, 1269667305770.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

None of them have been proved wrong either.

Why was the hole in the pentagon too small for a plane? And if the heat was enough to vapourise two titanium engines, why did it not vapourise the papers and office furniture clearly visible in the photos right beside the hole?

ET CETERA

>> No.3705251

>>3705245

oh shut up for god's sake! there isn't a single corner of the internet where you people aren't off shoveling this nonsense down everyone's throat.

>> No.3705269

>>3705250
>None of them have been proved wrong either.

They've ALL been proven wrong.

>> No.3705274

>>3705269
No one listens to people retarded enough to demand usernames on 4chan.

>> No.3705280

>>3705269
I can see from your evidence that you are 100% correct.

>> No.3705284

>>3705250

1. Perhaps if you got off of your computer and actually went to these places and talked with the people who saw the events, you would realize that there are several hundred witnesses (from all demographics) who saw a plane hit the Pentagon. There are several major highways that intersect right next to the Pentagon.

2. Would you care to explain the fate of Flight 77's passengers? Are you suggesting these individuals never existed or somehow vanished? What happened to the American Airlines Flight 77 aircraft? Are the families of the passengers and American Airlines in on this too?

3. There is little precedent for evaluating the collision of 757s into buildings, least of all one of such a unique construction.

>> No.3705286

>>3705269
I'm this fag: >>3705250

Of all the lines in my post, you picked that one to refute?

>> No.3705293

>>3705286
see
>>3705284
you just got told.

>> No.3705294

>>3705284
1. [citation needed]

2. That is one of the interesting points. But it wouldn't be hard to work around that if I was a supervillain with shitloads of cash.

3. The claim about vapourising titanium engines next to flapping papers does raise some interesting questions

>> No.3705296

>>3705284
you didn't address the size of the hole and the vaporized engines

>> No.3705299

>>3705286

Your argument is outrageously weak. Basically I am to believe that an aircraft could not have hit the Pentagon because "It doesn't look like it."

I can show you many examples of large objects creating small holes as they collide with various structures.

>> No.3705302
File: 22 KB, 440x289, 1261028408329.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>> No.3705305
File: 23 KB, 394x261, pentagon-hole.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>3705299

>> No.3705308
File: 54 KB, 640x322, 911-pentagon-plane.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>> No.3705315

I'm not sure why people believe we could even pull this off.

Theres this myth of the hypercompetent government whose tendrils reach into everything and can do all with no mistake.

A project of this magnitude would require thousands of people who would all be required to keep their mouths shut, something we all know that the government is awful at.

>> No.3705316

9/11 at the trade centres is what i like to call the blast furnace affect.
very hot fires burning at the top of the building turning the elevator shafts it to blast pipe for hot fresh oxygen through convection .
This added oxygen fuels the fire to increased temperatures heating the steel and adding stress to the structure.
But in the light of the fact the american government is notorious for killing large parts of its own population I would have to agree it was all a inside job.

>> No.3705317

>>3705294

1.I don't need a citation, I live near Arlington, Virginia. I've driven by hundreds of times. In morning rush hour, there isn't a chance that people would have missed it.

2. You derped.

3. Yes it does raise questions. These questions are far better answered and addressed by individuals who assessed the crash or who build aircraft engines. Of course, even though both of these parties have spoken a great deal on the subject, you will never be content with their testimony because you consider anybody who does so a participant in the conspiracy.
This is the general flaw with the conspiracy theory.

"We are neither experts nor witnesses, but we have raised questions which can only be addressed by experts and witnesses. Any expert or witness who disagrees with our theory is part of the conspiracy. Therefore, conspiracy."

>> No.3705318
File: 29 KB, 384x508, jet_fuel.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>dubious conspiracy theories

I like the one called "Osama and the 19 box cutters" because it's the funniest of all.

>> No.3705322

>>3705316
How would the elevator shafts act like that? They're sealed with doors and plugged with cars. Also no other building EVER has reacted like that.

>> No.3705324

Well, the more time passes, the harder it gets for con theorists to prove their points, so this will be forever discussed.

Both sides have interesting claims, but con theorists just dont understand what organizational problems would arise in that operation if they are correct. on the other hand, skeptics cant deny that there are some serious plot holes in official story.

time will tell who is right

>> No.3705327

>>3705322
> Also no other building EVER has reacted like that.

Do you have some large skyscrapers hit with airplanes you can use to compare to this?

>> No.3705329
File: 23 KB, 278x203, 911 - two towers.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>3705269

Have a peer reviewed journal

http://www.benthamscience.com/open/tocpj/articles/V002/7TOCPJ.htm?TOCPJ/2009/00000002/00000001/7TOCP
J.SGM

One thing to note is that there are a lot of different conspiracy theorist groups out there with lots of different conflicting arguments (many don't get along). If you really want to take apart their argument in true /sci/ fashion, then mapping each of them out would be the place to start.

>> No.3705331
File: 43 KB, 500x410, 1314196130729.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

What I've never understood is WHY they crashed the plane into the field.

"We've got control of the plane back from the turrists! Let's nose-dive it into a field!"

wut

>> No.3705334

>>3705322
> sealed with doors and plugged with cars
there not a vacuum.
the doors are made of light pressed steel, easy to remove with a aircraft i'm sure.
also the cars crashed to the bottom.

>> No.3705338

>>3705331
what i don't understand is WHY the government crashed a plain into a field.

>> No.3705344

>>3705338
what i don't understand is WHY the field had no blood

>> No.3705348

>>3705344
And barely any wreckage. And that hole was too small too.

A plane crash in a JUNGLE has visible wreckage everywhere for miles. A grassy field? Nothing...

>> No.3705350

>>3705322
> Also no other building EVER has reacted like that.
no but steel and all metals do react like that to oxygen fuelled fires, that's why they use the blast furnace in the steel industry.
and to my knowledge there isn't a single recorded case of convection not happening.

>> No.3705353

>>3705344

Perhaps if you were allowed to see a 747 crash into a field at that speed, you would understand the incredible power of momentum.

Since, however, nobody seems willing to accommodate you by crashing several million dollars worth of metal into the earth for sake of compensating your stupidity (as it seems the majority people have no difficulty grasping this point), you may in fact be doomed to such foolishness forever.

Were it not for the undying and meticulously annoying nature of conspiracy theorists, I would almost rejoice in that fact.

>> No.3705354

>>3705344
bless you snowflake, it because fields don't bleed.

>> No.3705359

inb4 thermite

>> No.3705361
File: 18 KB, 319x236, ds.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>3705359
correction
>termites
they had genetically modified termites that eat steel instead of wood.
prove this conspiracy wrong, you can't!

>> No.3705365
File: 93 KB, 1024x768, Horizon-Fire-2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

steel structures never collapse by fire.

>> No.3705366

>>3705365
Well this was obviously caused by aliens.

You can't prove me wrong, therefore I'm correct.

>> No.3705367
File: 50 KB, 440x360, 1298497598014.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

blahblahblah molten steel, kennedy era conspiracy to fake a terrorist attack that was never carried out, iraqi oil, al qaeda doesnt exist, israeli terrorists, controlled demolition, AE for 911 truth, lupe fiasco, thermite, where's the wreckage, the hole is too small, it's a missile, trans afghan pipeline, blah blah blah blah

conspiracy theorists? nah they'z just trollin.

>> No.3705369

Conspiracy theories are usually crap, but.. I find it weird that the towers were hot as hell, collapsed, things burning and what not, but then... this happens:

> Suqami's passport was found by a passerby, reportedly in the vicinity of Vesey Street, before the towers collapsed.

From the wikipedia article on the guy.
I mean.. come one... isn't that a little weird?

>> No.3705375
File: 14 KB, 256x192, aircrash.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

when aircraft crash they stay intact.
pic related 100% PROOF!.
i needz a foil hat!

>> No.3705383

>>3705369
act of God.
remember he use to talk to Bush, so i wouldn't be surprised he left a clue like that, with out finding a Saudi Arabian passport it would be so hard to justify invading Afghanistan.

>> No.3705387

>>3705369

Well to be fair, the fires weren't all that hot. Even NIST talked about this in their official report. They deduced that it was mostly office supplies burning so it wouldn't have gotten much hotter than any ordinary fire.

Yes, fire has a temperature too. Just like how you can put your hand in 130 degree water for a long time, and it will never get hotter than 130 degrees, fire works the same way with the shit it's burning.

>> No.3705397

>with out finding a Saudi Arabian passport it would be so hard to justify invading Afghanistan.
>Saudi Arabian passport
>justify invading Afghanistan.

why would the government frame Saudi Arabian's if they wanted to build that Afghanistan pipe line?

>> No.3705410

the conspiracy theorists never came up with a narative that made sense:

Bush and company wanted to declare war on Iraq.
So they frame 19 hijackers, mostly Suadi Arabians and Afgahanis, led by a member of the Saudi royal family living in exile in Afghanistan.
They take four airliners and kill/disappear all of the people from them.
They then launch remote controlled fake jet liners into the WTC, which they filled with explosives and thermite a few weeks before, just to be safe.
Everyone working in the WTC was paid off to ignore the demolition crews rigging explosives through out the whole thing.
They then launched a cruise missle at the Pentagon and told everyone it was a plane (apparently they could only afford the two remote controlled airplanes).
They then spread a bunch of wreakage around a field in Pennsylvania.
None of the hundreds of passengers, nor their families ever refute this story as they were killed / payed off.
None of the thousands of witnesses, workers, and co-conspirators required to pull this off, ever come forward either.
The administration then launches a popular war against Afghanistan, and after two years of selling it to the public with lies, an unpopular one with Iraq.
Then, just to cover their tracks, the administration incompetently bungles every major crisis it faces for the remained of its tenure, so no one will believe they masterminded this brilliant, and needlessly complicated plan.

Thats essentially the narrative the the conspiracy theorists have decided on. It's patently insane, anyone capable of doing half of this would also be capable of making a conspiracy that isn't so fucking stupid and requires so much covering of your tracks/murdering witnesses/paying people off.

>> No.3705426

>>3705387
you've never been near a fire in your life have you? Thermal conductors, like steel, absorb a greater deal of heat than the ambient air. its quite possible to have a 500 degree fire and have the metal around it get much hotter. also steel doesn't have to melt to fail. As you increase the temperature it becomes significantly weaker, too weak to support the tons of material that makes up a skyscraper. Also it wasn't just office supplies, it was office supplies mixed with jet fuel.

Its like bending a paperclip till it breaks, it'll get warm, and it will fail, but only an idiot would claim it melted.

>> No.3705451

if you heat up a conspirator foil hat, it will collapse

>> No.3705459

>>3705426

>you've never held a pot under hot running water in your life have you? Thermal conductors, like steel, absorb a greater deal of heat than the ambient air. its quite possible to have 150 degree water and have the metal around it get much hotter.

>also steel doesn't have to melt to fail. As you increase the temperature it becomes significantly weaker, too weak to support the tons of material that makes up a skyscraper. Also it wasn't just office supplies, it was office supplies mixed with jet fuel.

>Its like bending a paperclip till it breaks, it'll get warm, and it will fail, but only an idiot would claim it melted.

Did you read the NIST report? I never said it melted. It didn't. The NIST report talked about the maximum temperatures in the building as well as the minimum temperatures that the steel was graded for weakening. They were several thousand degrees Celsius apart. Furthermore, they went over all of the buildings on the city block that collapsed, including building 7 which unlike WTC 1 and 2, did not have any plane hit it. Also, unlike all of the other buildings on the block building 7 was not significantly damaged by falling debris (some others were completely cratered by it).

Significantly smaller building, no jet fuel, only office supplies burning, steel graded several thousand degrees higher than maximum temperatures.

>> No.3705470

>>3705459
>the minimum temperatures that the steel was graded for weakening. They were several thousand degrees Celsius apart

you've just proved they used inferior steel in the construction, then the plan said to use.

New Yorkers cutting corners as always

>> No.3705475

>>3705470

Yea, that's what I figure too.

>> No.3705477

>>3705470
JEW Yorkers, more like.
amirite, amirite?

>> No.3705480

>>3705470
>>3705475
that the real conspiracy, imagine the insurance pay outs if someone could prove this.

>> No.3705482
File: 243 KB, 448x448, 911 - star of david.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>3705477
OH LAWD HAVE MERCY

>> No.3705488

>>3705237
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-14813043

Pictures of the moon landing site from a probe.

Unfortunately I doubt this will shut the conspirators up.

>> No.3705494

>>3705488
they've shopped out the alien space towers!!!!

>> No.3705504

>>3705480
would explain why they were so eager to sell the metal off for scrap.

>> No.3705509

>>3705488
heh, we had a thread earlier with that picture and they still didn't shut up.
They never shut up.
NASA could send them to the fucking moon themselves and show them that shit in person, and they wouldn't shut up.