[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 115 KB, 940x447, artificial_intelligence_header.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.3683234 [Reply] [Original]

Don't know if this has been posted here already, but w/e.

Stanford is offering a free online course on AI taught by Sebastian Thrun and Peter Norvig.
From their site:
"
A bold experiment in distributed education, "Introduction to Artificial Intelligence" will be offered free and online to students worldwide during the fall of 2011. The course will include feedback on progress and a statement of accomplishment. Taught by Sebastian Thrun and Peter Norvig, the curriculum draws from that used in Stanford's introductory Artificial Intelligence course. The instructors will offer similar materials, assignments, and exams.

-Sebastian Thrun is a Research Professor of Computer Science at Stanford University, a Google Fellow, a member of the National Academy of Engineering and the German Academy of Sciences. Thrun is best known for his research in robotics and machine learning.
-Peter Norvig is Director of Research at Google Inc. He is also a Fellow of the American Association for Artificial Intelligence and the Association for Computing Machinery.
"
The site:
http://www.ai-class.com/

Since it looks awesome and you guys are always on about Khan academy and such, I though I'd share:)

>> No.3683237
File: 39 KB, 600x600, 816223-gentlemen_bender_super.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

wow.

although im not sure how indepth they could go... basic AI courses at my university essentially require 3 years of full time study in computer science/programming as a prerequisite

thanks for sharing op

>> No.3683245
File: 32 KB, 400x366, 6594034-cow-pig-chicken.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>the faces of my animals when 55,000 of the 56,000 people that signed up drop out after the first lecture becuase it's too hard

>> No.3683266

I signed up.

I'm already doing a full load at university though, so I can't see myself keeping up with the course. another fail on the cards wooooooohhhhhoooooooo

>> No.3683345
File: 9 KB, 259x194, 1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>stanford level AI

prepare to be buttraped

>> No.3683384

>>3683234
Well, it's free, may as well try. Probably won't get far though, being a full time physics student with a job and so on.