[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 7 KB, 242x239, seriously.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.3680245 [Reply] [Original]

> 2011
> a whole three years after financial meltdown, having made zero progress
> now getting ready for the much larger wave of slurry that we can't hold off any longer
> still believing in keynes

i seriously hope you guys aren't denialist shitheads who single handedly managed to ruin the whole of western society and still don't want to stop.

>> No.3680259

Gonna say now, I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

>> No.3680272

OP is trolling about the recession (or shitty economy depending on where you live).

>> No.3680284 [DELETED] 
File: 40 KB, 520x510, Friedrich_Von_Hayek.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>Mfw people actually believe in Keynsianism
>mfw people actually think Paul Krugman is a legitimate economist
>mfw everyone talks about jobs like its the only thing that is important
>mfw people take macroeconomics classes in college and all they learn is mathematical shit that isnt applicable to real life
>mfw nobody reads Human Action by Ludwig Von Mises
>mfw the european union is going to break apart and the US is going to default on its debt

>> No.3680309
File: 21 KB, 300x225, market-test.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

"The basic point is that the recession of 2001 wasn't a typical postwar slump, brought on when an inflation-fighting Fed raises interest rates and easily ended by a snapback in housing and consumer spending when the Fed brings rates back down again. This was a prewar-style recession, a morning after brought on by irrational exuberance.To fight this recession the Fed needs more than a snapback; it needs soaring household spending to offset moribund business investment. And to do that, as Paul McCulley of Pimco put it, Alan Greenspan needs to create a housing bubble to replace the Nasdaq bubble."- Paul Krugman in 2002

>> No.3680313

how is this trolling?
governments took on fucktarded quantities of debt to bail out the banks (as well as being generally negligent and overspending, sorry, 'stimulating the economy')
even america's debt isn't looked upon with confidence any more. now your economy is showing all the signs of grinding back into recession. meanwhile the whole of europe is falling to pieces; it's a miracle it's still standing and won't do for much longer.

and yet people are still so absolutely fucking stupid that they think the answer this is to borrow even more money.

it's less scientific than acupuncture ffs. your child is sick? try stabbing him. didn't work? hm, how about stabbing him again. getting worse, you say? i have a great idea, how about we stab him some more? what's that, he's dead now? my sincerest condolences; but could i please stab the body for a bit?

>> No.3680329

>>3680259

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTQnarzmTOc

Hayek, the second guy to rap. Is TRUTH.

>> No.3680333

>>3680329

Whoops, I mean this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0nERTFo-Sk