[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 561 KB, 1085x750, engi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.3670916 [Reply] [Original]

>A Master of Engineering (Magister in Ingeniaria) (abbreviated M.Eng., ME or MEng) or Master of Technology (abbreviated M.Tech. or MTech) or Master of Science in Engineering (abbreviated M.Sc. Engg or MSc(Engg)), can be either an academic or professional master's degree in the field of engineering.
Starting that next year. System here doesn't work like it does in America, you essentially go for the 5 year programme right from the bat. That's what Wiki called it so I guess it's correct.

Anyway, to the point. There are a lot of bloody fields within in, from electrical engineering to biological engineering. Based on high school/A levels/nothing of uni level it's a bit tricky to know what would be for me.

So how the fuck are you supposed to know what you should specialize in? Any good resource where you can read up on them, not only in what they do (ie "Electrical engineers work with electricity!) but also what you actually do, I presume someone working with electricity does very different shit to a chemical engineer.

>> No.3670922

"Any good resource where you can read up on them, not only in what they do but also what you actually do"

That didn't work at all, probably time to get a coffee. Eh, "Where it says what you do within that field and a bit about the process of accomplishing that".

>> No.3670953

If your school is any good they should give should orientation talks with professionals of each specialization field. Its a personal decision anyway.

>> No.3670947 [DELETED] 

If your school is any good you should orientation talks with professionals of each specialization field

>> No.3670954

>>3670947
Yeah it's a good uni, it's a pretty life changing decision though so would rather take a good while deciding instead of panicking a week or two before. Won't be starting until next autumn.